youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smith machine bench press

So last year i completely tore my tricep right at the elbow. Ever since i find it extremely difficult to do any sort of bb/db benching without pain or discomfort. This is also limiting my tricep development because when i am done pressing my arm hurts too much to do pulldowns/skulls/ and cgbp. So i tried smith machine bench today and felt no pain and felt it all in my chest. What i want to know is it bad to do smith machine bench as a substitute for bench in my situation?

houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by youngwiz View Post
    So last year i completely tore my tricep right at the elbow. Ever since i find it extremely difficult to do any sort of bb/db benching without pain or discomfort. This is also limiting my tricep development because when i am done pressing my arm hurts too much to do pulldowns/skulls/ and cgbp. So i tried smith machine bench today and felt no pain and felt it all in my chest. What i want to know is it bad to do smith machine bench as a substitute for bench in my situation?
    it can't hurt. you just need to discover what will work for you regarding your current situation.
    Rockets - Texans - Real Madrid

darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anything is better than nothing if it allows you to train around your injury.
    *Someday I want to meet this "Everyone," he seems to have written so very much, yet all of it is wrong.
    *Nature is the master of design, and knowledge is the master of nature.
    *Uncertainty is the seed of all knowledge - it is the catalyst of investigation

E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i normally would say no but given your situation id give you the green light

beau042 is just really nice. (+1000) beau042 is just really nice. (+1000) beau042 is just really nice. (+1000) beau042 is just really nice. (+1000) beau042 is just really nice. (+1000) beau042 is just really nice. (+1000) beau042 is just really nice. (+1000) beau042 is just really nice. (+1000) beau042 is just really nice. (+1000) beau042 is just really nice. (+1000) beau042 is just really nice. (+1000)
    For sure, as your most likely aware everybody is different, some people use different workouts to suit there needs.and sounds like you've found what works for your injury, so run with it until your tricep is better and slowly bring back other workouts. Good luck

Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This goes against conventional thinking, but the smith machine is effective (albeit not as effective as free weights) for a variety of exercises. You may also want to try the pullover machine if your gym has one. Back in the day before they knew any better, they did pullovers as the main chest exercise.

Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Was about to come in here and say NO SMITH MACHINE! Everything I've read or been told about the smith machine is bad news! HOWEVER if it helps you train during a recovery from an injury then I would say go for it! Something is better than nothing.

My bench form sucks as I can't balance the bar too well yet as those muscles haven't developed (or aren't strong enough). The smith machine would be so much easier for me! But I use free wights because balancing the bar yourself with good form to my understanding is extremely important for real world strength. Would be quite embarrassing if I said I could bench xxx pounds then go to the barbell and can't lift near that weight because my inability to balance the bar.

But if there is a pain (not just muscle soreness) then you might not want to work that body part or find an alternative method. Which in this case is the smith machine! Get better and hopefully you can get back to the barbell.

youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the help guys i will stick with it until my tricep is better. So when i do the bench should i bring shoulders back and retracted like a regular bb bench? And where should i bring the bar to on my chest?

Registered Offender gabrielsyler's Avatar
    gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I use the smith machine on my failure set when benching, only because I have to ask randoms for spots and they always assist to much. I find the two exercises (barbell bench / smith bench) feel totally different.

Registered Offender gabrielsyler's Avatar
    gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    why dont you try doing db flys?

MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100)
    As with most exercises, it's ideal to be using freeweights. But this is the exact sort of situation that machines like the smith are made for! If it allows you do get through your workout with hurting yourself then go for it! Also i would suggest Cable/Flys to isolate the chest without working your triceps.
    Bodybuilding is a life altering activity
    Every day is an opportunity to improve yourself
    Put in the effort to get the results
    Eat Clean Train Dirty
    Never. Give. Up.

Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nothing wrong with using the smith machine! working around your injuries and allowing it to heal is better the not training at all. get better bro

lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    MAchines have there place and sounds like what works for a person works

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Regardless of injuries or no injuries, the Smith is just another tool to take advantage of. If you use it as a crutch all the time that is misusing it. If you use it to supplement a good program of free weights then it's a benefit. I have several exercises I use it for that I feel hit the intended muscle more efficiently than free weights.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Smith is a GREAT tool. Use it, especially if it works with your situation.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.