Thread: Working out BMR

Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working out BMR

Hey guys,
    So I'm starting my cut on Monday. However I have yet to sort out exactly what and how much i'm going to be eating due to the difficulty of finding an accurate BMR calculator. I am worried that i will loose hard earned muscle in the process of cutting if i do not consume enough calories and every BMR calculator I find online I question the legitimacy due to the fact they seem to be able to tell me my BMR from one or two simple questions. So I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of an accurate BMR calculator, or one that anybody has used that they know is accurate? Thanks in advance

Mt. St. Aesthetics Power2Pump4Life's Avatar
    Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Charlsberg123 View Post
    Hey guys,
    So I'm starting my cut on Monday. However I have yet to sort out exactly what and how much i'm going to be eating due to the difficulty of finding an accurate BMR calculator. I am worried that i will loose hard earned muscle in the process of cutting if i do not consume enough calories and every BMR calculator I find online I question the legitimacy due to the fact they seem to be able to tell me my BMR from one or two simple questions. So I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of an accurate BMR calculator, or one that anybody has used that they know is accurate? Thanks in advance
    Work out more, Eat the same... or slightly less than you have been.

The best way to lean out is to burn more calories. The best way to maintain muscle it to eat enough protein.... OMG that's insane!

Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Charlsberg123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Power2Pump4Life View Post
    Work out more, Eat the same... or slightly less than you have been.

The best way to lean out is to burn more calories. The best way to maintain muscle it to eat enough protein.... OMG that's insane!
    I do eat enough protein, but some people say if calorie intake as a whole is too low despite having a lot of protein you could still catabolize muscle, however my question still hasn't been answered so anyone else got an accurate BMR site?

WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do eat enough protein, but some people say if calorie intake as a whole is too low despite having a lot of protein you could still catabolize muscle, however my question still hasn't been answered so anyone else got an accurate BMR site?
    Just take your bodyweight in lbs and multiply it by 17.5. That usually gives you a close estimate of your BMR.

But most of it is just basic trial and error, there's no way the internet can spit out a number and it's exactly correct. So just eat at the estimate for a while and see if your BW changes if it does either up or down, then adjust to your liking.
    "Quit being a lil' bish!" - Ogus

+ My ICF 5x5 Training Journal of Redemption: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162644911

+ Instagram: @WatsonS90

Originally Posted by WatsonS90 View Post
    Just take your bodyweight in lbs and multiply it by 17.5. That usually gives you a close estimate of your BMR.

But most of it is just basic trial and error, there's no way the internet can spit out a number and it's exactly correct. So just eat at the estimate for a while and see if your BW changes if it does either up or down, then adjust to your liking.
    Cheers, and yeah good point, I just wanted a rough guide of what to aim for. I have a very hard time putting size on, had to consume loads to get the pound on, so I was planning on between 1700-2000 calories a day mostly protein and was a bit worried i'd loose valuable muscle, wouldn't want that!

WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cheers, and yeah good point, I just wanted a rough guide of what to aim for. I have a very hard time putting size on, had to consume loads to get the pound on, so I was planning on between 1700-2000 calories a day mostly protein and was a bit worried i'd loose valuable muscle, wouldn't want that!
    If you keep your protein high and keep lifting - you shouldn't lose muscle mass so easily so don't worry man.
    "Quit being a lil' bish!" - Ogus

+ My ICF 5x5 Training Journal of Redemption: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162644911

+ Instagram: @WatsonS90

Originally Posted by WatsonS90 View Post
    If you keep your protein high and keep lifting - you shouldn't lose muscle mass so easily so don't worry man.
    thats what i thought, cheers bro