Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Working out BMR

  1. #1
    Registered User Charlsberg123's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Age: 21
    Stats: 5'10", 171 lbs
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    Charlsberg123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Charlsberg123's BodySpace
    Charlsberg123 is offline

    Working out BMR

    Hey guys,
    So I'm starting my cut on Monday. However I have yet to sort out exactly what and how much i'm going to be eating due to the difficulty of finding an accurate BMR calculator. I am worried that i will loose hard earned muscle in the process of cutting if i do not consume enough calories and every BMR calculator I find online I question the legitimacy due to the fact they seem to be able to tell me my BMR from one or two simple questions. So I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of an accurate BMR calculator, or one that anybody has used that they know is accurate? Thanks in advance
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Mt. St. Aesthetics Power2Pump4Life's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Age: 23
    Stats: 5'10", 174 lbs
    Posts: 1,477
    Rep Power: 162
    Power2Pump4Life has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Power2Pump4Life has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Power2Pump4Life has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Power2Pump4Life has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Power2Pump4Life has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Power2Pump4Life has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Power2Pump4Life has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Power2Pump4Life has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Power2Pump4Life has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Power2Pump4Life has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Power2Pump4Life has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Power2Pump4Life's BodySpace
    Power2Pump4Life is offline
    Originally Posted by Charlsberg123 View Post
    Hey guys,
    So I'm starting my cut on Monday. However I have yet to sort out exactly what and how much i'm going to be eating due to the difficulty of finding an accurate BMR calculator. I am worried that i will loose hard earned muscle in the process of cutting if i do not consume enough calories and every BMR calculator I find online I question the legitimacy due to the fact they seem to be able to tell me my BMR from one or two simple questions. So I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of an accurate BMR calculator, or one that anybody has used that they know is accurate? Thanks in advance
    Work out more, Eat the same... or slightly less than you have been.

    The best way to lean out is to burn more calories. The best way to maintain muscle it to eat enough protein.... OMG that's insane!
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User Charlsberg123's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Age: 21
    Stats: 5'10", 171 lbs
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    Charlsberg123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Charlsberg123's BodySpace
    Charlsberg123 is offline
    Originally Posted by Power2Pump4Life View Post
    Work out more, Eat the same... or slightly less than you have been.

    The best way to lean out is to burn more calories. The best way to maintain muscle it to eat enough protein.... OMG that's insane!
    I do eat enough protein, but some people say if calorie intake as a whole is too low despite having a lot of protein you could still catabolize muscle, however my question still hasn't been answered so anyone else got an accurate BMR site?
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Progress WatsonS90's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Stats: 6'0", 169 lbs
    Posts: 3,172
    Rep Power: 1730
    WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit WatsonS90's BodySpace
    WatsonS90 is offline
    Originally Posted by Charlsberg123 View Post
    I do eat enough protein, but some people say if calorie intake as a whole is too low despite having a lot of protein you could still catabolize muscle, however my question still hasn't been answered so anyone else got an accurate BMR site?
    Just take your bodyweight in lbs and multiply it by 17.5. That usually gives you a close estimate of your BMR.

    But most of it is just basic trial and error, there's no way the internet can spit out a number and it's exactly correct. So just eat at the estimate for a while and see if your BW changes if it does either up or down, then adjust to your liking.
    "Quit being a lil' bish!" - Ogus

    + My ICF 5x5 Training Journal of Redemption: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162644911

    + Instagram: @WatsonS90
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Charlsberg123's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Age: 21
    Stats: 5'10", 171 lbs
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    Charlsberg123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Charlsberg123's BodySpace
    Charlsberg123 is offline
    Originally Posted by WatsonS90 View Post
    Just take your bodyweight in lbs and multiply it by 17.5. That usually gives you a close estimate of your BMR.

    But most of it is just basic trial and error, there's no way the internet can spit out a number and it's exactly correct. So just eat at the estimate for a while and see if your BW changes if it does either up or down, then adjust to your liking.
    Cheers, and yeah good point, I just wanted a rough guide of what to aim for. I have a very hard time putting size on, had to consume loads to get the pound on, so I was planning on between 1700-2000 calories a day mostly protein and was a bit worried i'd loose valuable muscle, wouldn't want that!
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Progress WatsonS90's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Stats: 6'0", 169 lbs
    Posts: 3,172
    Rep Power: 1730
    WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) WatsonS90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit WatsonS90's BodySpace
    WatsonS90 is offline
    Originally Posted by Charlsberg123 View Post
    Cheers, and yeah good point, I just wanted a rough guide of what to aim for. I have a very hard time putting size on, had to consume loads to get the pound on, so I was planning on between 1700-2000 calories a day mostly protein and was a bit worried i'd loose valuable muscle, wouldn't want that!
    If you keep your protein high and keep lifting - you shouldn't lose muscle mass so easily so don't worry man.
    "Quit being a lil' bish!" - Ogus

    + My ICF 5x5 Training Journal of Redemption: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162644911

    + Instagram: @WatsonS90
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User Charlsberg123's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Age: 21
    Stats: 5'10", 171 lbs
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    Charlsberg123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Charlsberg123's BodySpace
    Charlsberg123 is offline
    Originally Posted by WatsonS90 View Post
    If you keep your protein high and keep lifting - you shouldn't lose muscle mass so easily so don't worry man.
    thats what i thought, cheers bro
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. A little Help with Working out my BMR
    By sk2410 in forum Losing Fat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 10:10 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 03:55 PM
  3. working out maintainence calories
    By illmaticyo in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 06:35 PM
  4. Help working out my BMR please [17k reps]
    By UkChris93 in forum Losing Fat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 01:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout