Phildil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Do You Love Smith As Much A Me?

Question!

I have heard mixed comments about doing squats with the Smith machine. Personally I love the machine for doing squats.

I would like to know the views/opinions of forum members re: using the smith machine for any training including squats.

Thanks Guys!

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: Do You Love Smith As Much A Me?

Actually... I have to disagree with you. I am not a big fan of the smith machine for squats and things. I find that it is too restrictive in movement and that I can not get a proper range of motion.

but that is just my opinion....

bizzaro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bizzaro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bizzaro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bizzaro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bizzaro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bizzaro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bizzaro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bizzaro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bizzaro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bizzaro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bizzaro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bump on this. I find that my back naturally bends a little forward on the bottom range of my squat and the smith machine prevents this. just my 2$
    I'd rather be ashamed of something I did then something I didn't do.

PolishGirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I do both regular squats and smith. Look at it this way, with the smith you can target different areas such as glutes and hams. BUt with a regular squat you work out many different areas of your body, and its a much more intense work out. Just today, i did regular squats, and my thighs felt like they would explode!
    Definetly try alternating.

Rydain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've never tried squats in a Smith machine, and I don't plan to. When I squat, the bar moves in a curved path, not perfectly straight up and down. Trying to force my body to adjust to an unnatural bar path would be likely to cause injuries over time. Not only that, I train for functional strength, and nothing beats free weights when it comes to developing that.

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't have much choice. I have equipment at home and it's a Smith Machine. The gym here sucks to much so I resort to in home training.

d-LiftStyles-b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The smith prevents me from going all the way down but if I want to squat serious weight then its great.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."
    -Albert Einstein

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs down

I dont like the smith eaiter , feels unnatural ..............

Mrs.Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mrs.Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mrs.Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mrs.Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mrs.Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mrs.Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mrs.Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mrs.Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mrs.Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mrs.Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mrs.Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Love it!!!

I also have a Smith at home and love it! I find that it helps me keep my form and does not hurt my knees.
    Everybody wants to know what I am on. What am I on? I'm on my bike ... six hours a day. What are you on?'
    Lance Armstrong (NIKE ad)
    The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.
    Tommy Lasorda
    Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.
    Satchel Paige