ocmdiaz714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow First time at the gym...

I'm a skinny dude, and really don't see why I'm going to the gym for, all I know is that I want to lose at least a good 6 inches of belly fat! Anyways, I'll be going to the gym later for the first time, what should I do? Warm up first by doing the bicycle machine first? Then from there do more stuff on the machines? I don't see a point in lifting when I barely have any muscle to work with. I'm skinny-fat tbh. And should I eat before going or after? And I'm guessing I'll have a chicken club from Subway.

Weight: 150lbs
    Height: 5"11
    Chest: 36in.
    Waist: 35in.
    Activity Level: Sedentary

Should I eat more or less? I don't want to lose any weight, and would like to replace any body fat lost with muscle.

DaGURU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaGURU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaGURU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaGURU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaGURU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaGURU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaGURU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaGURU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaGURU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaGURU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaGURU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So are you aiming not for any muscluar gains but just weight loss? Then do cardio.

If not, eat some carbs+fat+protein combinination before, that you can stomach, roughly 45min-1hr before.

Go to the gym, warm up with the treadmill, if you would like ( i don't).

Then stick with free weights, not machines. DBs are good to start with as you will not have any major accidents with them.

Eat a solid meal afterwards.

ocmdiaz714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DaGURU View Post
    So are you aiming not for any muscluar gains but just weight loss? Then do cardio.

If not, eat some carbs+fat+protein combinination before, that you can stomach, roughly 45min-1hr before.

Go to the gym, warm up with the treadmill, if you would like ( i don't).

Then stick with free weights, not machines. DBs are good to start with as you will not have any major accidents with them.

Eat a solid meal afterwards.
    Thanks for the advice. Well what I want to do first is burn off the belly fat and replace the weight lost with muscle. And I do want to build on muscle, but my first priority is losing the belly fat.

That's where I'm lost though. What I think will happen is I will lose the belly fat, and from there I can bulk up by eating mass amounts, and from there I'll have something to work with to lift.

No troll but my body was similar to Justin Bieber until he bulked up. I would want the same results.

assets.poponthepop. com/photos/full/justin-bieber-shirtless-london. jpg

Registered User isaacswrestling's Avatar
    isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100)

Find someone expericed

Find one of the guys who look cut (not skinny) they often are the ones who know how to properly bulk and cut. If your interested in loosing bf instead of putting muscle on the only way is to exercise a strict diet, and carsio

Registered User isaacswrestling's Avatar
    isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100) isaacswrestling is not very well liked. (-100)

Forgot to mention

Never be discouraged at the gym, if you want to bulk then there are plenty of guys willing to help, because they have been exactly where you are at now.

danpow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danpow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude, the best, most simple (and effective) program is the Stronglifts 5x5 program. I did it and I went from 180 pounds of fat to 180 pounds of muscle (over the course of 4 months). The best way to lose belly fat is by doing heavy compound movements, which the website tells you how to do. To get to the website just google "Stronglifts 5x5"

beelzmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) beelzmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) beelzmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) beelzmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) beelzmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) beelzmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) beelzmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) beelzmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) beelzmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) beelzmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) beelzmon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by danpow View Post
    Dude, the best, most simple (and effective) program is the Stronglifts 5x5 program. I did it and I went from 180 pounds of fat to 180 pounds of muscle (over the course of 4 months). The best way to lose belly fat is by doing heavy compound movements, which the website tells you how to do. To get to the website just google "Stronglifts 5x5"
    wut..
    I rep back