nhranows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhranows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhranows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhranows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhranows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhranows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhranows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhranows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhranows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhranows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhranows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Add a FULL BODY WORKOUT to a 4-Day Split?

Just wondering if there would be an advantage to add one low-rep, heavy-weight, full-body workout once a week to aid in size and strength **TO A SPLIT ROUTINE** or is it not worth it?

I currently work out 4 days in a row. Saturday Chest / Triceps, Sunday Legs, Monday Back / Biceps, Tuesday Shoulders / Calves / Abs.

Wednesday is usually Rest, Thursday Cardio, Friday Rest.

Would it benefit me, and **HOW?**, to throw in a full-body workout on Thursdays in between rest days? By full-body I mean like the basic 8 Compound Movement exercises. Something like this:

ONE SET of Each, 8-10 Reps:
    Barbell Squats
    Deadlift
    Horizontal Bench Chest Press
    Bent-Over Rows
    Military Shoulder Press
    Weighted Pullups
    Weighted Cable Crunches
    Tricep Pulldowns

When I workout now, I increase weight per set with the goal of the 4th set being 6-8 reps of the heaviest weight I can do. On my full-body Thursday, I'd increase that weight by 10% and do one set of 8-10 at that weight.

IE: If I bench 225 on my 4th set on Monday, 6-8 reps clean, I would do 8-10 rep set of 245 or 250 on Thursday.

Just wondering what anyone else thinks this may or may not do for me. Thanks in advance.

SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by nhranows View Post
    Just wondering if there would be an advantage to add one low-rep, heavy-weight, full-body workout once a week to aid in size and strength **TO A SPLIT ROUTINE** or is it not worth it?

I currently work out 4 days in a row. Saturday Chest / Triceps, Sunday Legs, Monday Back / Biceps, Tuesday Shoulders / Calves / Abs.

Would it benefit me, and **HOW?**, to throw in a full-body workout on Thursdays in between rest days? By full-body I mean like the basic 8 Compound Movement exercises. Something like this:

Barbell Squats
    Deadlift
    Bent-Over Rows
    Military Shoulder Press
    Weighted Pullups
    Weighted Cable Crunches
    Tricep Pulldowns

When I workout now, I increase weight per set with the goal of the 4th set being 6-8 reps of the heaviest weight I can do. On my full-body Thursday, I'd increase that weight by 10% and do one set of 8-10 at that weight.

IE: If I bench 225 on my 4th set on Monday, 6-8 reps clean, I would do 8-10 rep set of 245 or 250 on Thursday.

Just wondering what anyone else thinks this may or may not do for me. Thanks in advance.
    Is there a reason why you are asking this question? Have you stopped seeing gains on your 4-day split?

Honestly, I would pick a professionally developed routine, and stick to that routine. Doing a true 4-day split and then adding a 5th full body workout sounds personally like overkill.

I guess it would all depend, but bodybuilding (like life) is a journey, not a destination. It is a lifestyle, not a benchmark. It is a long-term commitment, not a sprint. Unless you have stopped seeing gains on your current routine, why switch?

schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000)

Barbell Squats
    Deadlift
    Bent-Over Rows
    Military Shoulder Press
    Weighted Pullups
    Weighted Cable Crunches
    Tricep Pulldowns

Actually I think they will really help. Me personally I will hit my whole body in 3 days during the week and over the weekend normally a Saturday Ill do a full body workout. My full body workouts I will try to work on bringing body parts up i need to work on or strengthen. Ill start with the larger muscle groups and move to the smaller parts usually all compound movements.

Example
    stiff leg dead lifts 3 working sets super set with 3 working sets of weighted pull ups. Reps 10 10 8, depends
    -then-
    barbell squats 3 sets with 3 sets of bench.
    -then-
    dumbbell shoulder press 3, preacher curl 2, skull crusher 2
    -then-
    4 sets of calve raises or 4 sets of abs.

If you do this workout correctly you will gassed when you super set 2 larger muscle groups it takes a lot more out of you.

darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Barbell Squats
    Deadlift
    Bent-Over Rows
    Military Shoulder Press
    Weighted Pullups
    Weighted Cable Crunches
    Tricep Pulldowns

Nothing wrong with this. In fact it can be beneficial. Warrior's 2 week CKD cycle has a glycogen loaded routine comprising of very low rep powerlifting moves (bench, squat, DL) as well as Lyle McDonald's UD 2.0. If I'm not mistaken Pasquale's Anabolic Diet has allowance for a "power day" too.
    *Someday I want to meet this "Everyone," he seems to have written so very much, yet all of it is wrong.
    *Nature is the master of design, and knowledge is the master of nature.
    *Uncertainty is the seed of all knowledge - it is the catalyst of investigation