hardrlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training with bone fracture, i`d appreciate your opinion

Hello all, i am 20 years old and last summer i had a humerus fracture on my right arm which still hasnt healed. I had operation done and i have been with a pin for more than 8 months, but i have delayed union , since i also have some thyroid problems. It has been so hard for me to not go to the gym for a whole 8 months so i decided i will start again , doing mostly legs and left arm.

My question is do you think if i lift some light weights with the broken right arm i would do more damage than good. The doctors said i can start doing some physio like swimming and start using the muscle more so more blood can go to that area, but it is still broken though. I did 3 sets of 10 reps with 10 pounds bicep curls with the broken arm and i didnt feel any pain. So if i continue doing light weights is it going to be fine ? Thank you in advance.

JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Listen to your doctor. No one here really knows what condition your arm is in, despite you describing it.

hardrlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well he said i can lift lightly and it is good to work the muscle out so that the body will try harder to repair that area. However, i am worried that even lifting as little as 10 pounds can put enough stress on the bone and to slow the healing.