mattiek38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

6-8 Week Cutting Diet. Getting back into shape!

First, I would like to introduce myself to the Forum. My name is Matt, I am 23 years old from North Jersey. I am about 5'9" and weigh 188 pounds. I am not new to exercise and weightlifting. I played football up through college and lifted pretty intensely throughout that time (15 years old-21 years old). I have taken about 2 years off from any serious lifting but now I want to get back into it. I am going to start with a 6-8 week cutting diet to get rid of some fat accumulated from poor diet and drinking. I am not fat but I have always had a solid build. My workout routine is as follows:

Monday Chest and Triceps
    Tuesday Back and biceps
    Wednesday Shoulder
    Thursday Legs
    Friday core

I will be Jogging/walking incline for about 30 min. at the end of each workout since I really need some cardiovascular strength back. I may change this to HIIT if I can get there. My workout times are all over the place because of work but I will mostly be working out about 7PM.

My diet plan is going to be:

Meal 1 Oatmeal
    7:00 AM 1/2 banana
    3 eggwhites
    glass of o.j.

meal2 Protein 2 scoops (isopure zero carbs
    10:00 AM 1 tbsp fishoil

meal 3 1 chicken breast
    1:00 PM 1 cup broccoli

meal 4 1 can tuna w/ low fat mayo
    3:00 PM half avocado

meal 5 3 hard boiled egg whites
    6:00 PM

meal 6 Protien 2 scoops
    8:00 PM 1tbsp flax oil
    2 tsp glutamine

From what I have calculated this meal plan comes to about 1800 calories and around 200g protein a day. Is there any suggestions or comments to help improve this diet? My goal is to lose about 10-15 pounds in these 8 weeks. Does anyone else have a suggestion as far as protein? The Isopure is just a filler since I have yet to buy it but it just looks and sounds like a good product. Mainly I want suggestions and help as far as my diet. I am not looking to break my bank with supplements either. So please if anyone can help I really appreciate it. Looking forward to a leaner me. Thank you!

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No need for 6 meals mate, and it's bad for hunger. You need to work out calories and macros, foods don't matter for fat loss. Diet could be low in fat. Lifting 5 days per week on a cut is very difficult to recover from; 3 days/week full body setups are normally a better fit. Glutamine is useless unless you've somehow managed to become deficient in it.

1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.

Geo1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^ +1

By the way op how much of a defecit are you eating in a day?

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff. I've done some research but could you explain what you mean by deficit? and dmacodnal9 i appreciate the help!
    Last edited by mattiek38; 03-12-2013 at 07:22 PM.

James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    No need for 6 meals mate, and it's bad for hunger. You need to work out calories and macros, foods don't matter for fat loss. Diet could be low in fat. Lifting 5 days per week on a cut is very difficult to recover from; 3 days/week full body setups are normally a better fit. Glutamine is useless unless you've somehow managed to become deficient in it.

1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.
    6 meals a day works great for me ........ eat cleaner though op. scrap the mayo and go no processed garbage.
    Used to be 247lbs 40% body fat.
    My transformation thread.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153284371&p=1055527371#post1055527371

Started a 22 week contest prep November 8, 2015. Striated glutes or bust.

Originally Posted by James199117 View Post
    6 meals a day works great for me ........ eat cleaner though op. scrap the mayo and go no processed garbage.
    ok so just the tuna by itself then haha. I am trying to eat really clean. hopefully I can hit my goal of 10-15 pounds in 8 weeks or so. Oh and nice sig I own a 07 zx6r.

Nobodychange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nobodychange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nobodychange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nobodychange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nobodychange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nobodychange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nobodychange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nobodychange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nobodychange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nobodychange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nobodychange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mattiek38 View Post
    I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff. I've done some research but could you explain what you mean by deficit? and dmacodnal9 i appreciate the help!
    Read the stickies. Basicly what he meant by defect ( ill put this in the most simpliest way) you need to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound of fat. If lets say you burn x amount of calories per day you need to eat 500 less calories a day to lose 1 pound a week. To add calories just look at the labels and measure your food by weighing it or if eating takeout most places tell you calories you add up till you hit your daily number. The more advanced explanation is that it doesnt matter when you eat or how many meals you need to eat less calories. If you want most of what your losing to be fat hit your protein and lift. Read the stickies up top on page 1 and that should help you. Cut out all the food you dont like no such thing as a diet. its simple eat less then you burn.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by James199117 View Post
    eat cleaner though op. scrap the mayo and go no processed garbage.
    If he stays within his calorie limits and hits his macros, why would he want to avoid mayo?

davidh91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mattiek38 View Post
    If you're a noob, I think you should read the sticky "How to lose fat for Noobs - Part II". It's a good read and it would be good for you. The guys in that thread gives really good advice.

MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    If he stays within his calorie limits and hits his macros, why would he want to avoid mayo?
    Agreed.

thanks for all of the advice so far guys im going to check out those stickies now and see what i can gather.