ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Coresel's Avatar
    Coresel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Coresel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Coresel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Coresel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Coresel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Coresel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Coresel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Coresel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Coresel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Coresel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Coresel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Do I need a refeed day?

What's the purpose of it?

So far keto has been going well.
    186.8lbs -> 177lbs, in 6 days... is this real life?

I've been eating about 2000 cals a day, 65:0:35

I've heard the word refeed, what's its purpose?
    Snapchat: Coresel
    Instagram: Coresel

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Coresel View Post

Re-feeds replenish your glycogen stores which is nice if your workouts have any kind of real intensity to them. Personally I feel run down if I go too long without carbs and my power / explosiveness goes into the gutter. How often you re-feed if at all depends on how you feel. Also some keto diets like Carb Nite call for weekly refeeds to boost hormones you get from consuming a bunch of carbs to help keep the fat burning process going. This worked for me for a while but the diet wasn't really geared for performance so I had to stop doing it.

10 lbs in the first week isn't too uncommon but just be aware it's going to be all water weight.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

Registered User donut2dumbbells's Avatar
    donut2dumbbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As well as replenishing glycogen stores, refeeds raise leptin levels and "resets" your metabolism. After too long a dieting, your metabolism slows and leptin levels lower. Refeeds act as a way to trick your body into thinking it's not starving. You eat at or above maintenance, focus on carbs, moderate protein, and as little fat as possible. Don't use refeeds as an excuse to eat whatever you want- they're structured. "Cheat meals" on the other hand, are pretty much a free-for-all but can often lead to fat gain while refeeds still focus on whole foods, just more of them. Like j1akey said, how often you refeed depends on how you feel...but the lower your body fat %, the more often you'll need to refeed. BF in the teens may need to refeed only once every two weeks, ~10% once a week, and lower may need more often.

LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah carb refeeds are good, but note that a refeed doesn't mean a binge-eating day with a blank check to eat thousands and thousands of extra calories. In a refeed you still have to eat low calorie. For instance if your regular low calorie keto diet is composed of 2000 calories, just do a little basic math work and lower the amount of fat and protein calories and replace them with clean carb calories like calories coming from oatmeal, potato or rice, while still eating 2000 calories. I think you are allowed to go over a little bit over your 2000 calorie intake, up to 2300 somethin like that. But remember try not to go crazy and eat 6000 calories on that day. You still have to think about your weight loss and control yourself on a refeed day. So don't go over 2300 or 2500 calories on the refeed days

Originally Posted by Coresel View Post

Recommended books to increase the emotional, spiritual, psychologic feelings of power, the will to power: The Republic by Plato, The Will to Power by Nietzsche, Hegemony or Survival by Noam Chomsky, Faust by Goethe, Spectre of Marx by Jacques Derrida, Red and Black by Stendhal, The Wisdom of Life by Arthur Schopenhauer, Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche, Power by Michael Foucault, Beyond Good and Evil by Fredrich Nietzsche, The Search after Truth by Malebranche