OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Routine Headache! Please Help

I'm driving myself crazy tryna find a way to reduce my routine from 5 days a week to 3 days or maybe 4 but ideally 3.

The reason for this is to prevent over-training which is an issue for me and the stumbling block as to why my gains have stopped.

My routine:
    Mon-Shoulders
    Tue-Back
    Wed-Triceps
    Thur-Biceps
    Fri-Chest

They say 3 days a week is all thats necessary to build serious mass with a maximum of 40 minute sessions.

But how on earth can I effectively hit all 5 of those muscle groups to serious satisfaction in 3-4 days and only 40 mins a workout? without hitting chest/tris a day or 2 after eachother back/bis a day or 2 after eachother which I hear are supposed to be kept at least 3 days apart coz tris are used in chest exercises and bis are used in back excercises.

Please help make a routine that actually makes sense coz 3 days/5 body parts and only 40 mins a day how can I possibly target everything in a week?

Natural0nly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Natural0nly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Natural0nly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    One does not simply skip the leg day

Natural0nly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Natural0nly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Natural0nly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Day 1: legs
    Day 2:chest/back
    Day 4: bicep/tricep
    Day 6: shoulders/abs/calves

OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsLoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Natural0nly View Post
    One does not simply skip the leg day
    I have legs that can't b trained because of a bad accident I had a few years ago. And even if I could train legs how could that b squeezes into this already jam packed routine that needs reducing, I'm over training theres no way I can make it 6 body parts a week especially since I will only have 3 or 4 workout days a week consisting of 40 mins a day?

How does everyone else fit everything in to such a small workout schedule? Over training has just turned my world inside out, upside down, the wrong way round. Now nothing in the world of bodybuilding makes any sense!

Day 1: legs
    Day 2:chest/back
    Day 4: bicep/tricep
    Day 6: shoulders/abs/calves
    Chest can't be done the day before tricep and back can't be done the day before bicep. The arms would become severly overtrained and will get injured or even worse they will shrink rather than grow! This is whats been happening to me lately.

Also 40 mins for chest and back? It takes me about 45-50 mins just to train one of them to satisfaction

Damn.. but should/abs bicep/tricep chest/back or bicep/back should/abs chest/tricep is fine i guess, 2 main muscles per day and total 3 days ur workout dosent have to take long to get results. Even the shorter is better

You should try DTP by kris gethin. But that were just my opinion

Damn.. but should/abs bicep/tricep chest/back or bicep/back should/abs chest/tricep is fine i guess, 2 main muscles per day and total 3 days ur workout dosent have to take long to get results. Even the shorter is better
    How long are your workouts?

For chest I do 4 sets of bench press, 4 sets of dumbell press, 4 sets of incline dumbell press, 4 sets of dumbell flys, 4 sets of cable cross overs. What should be removed?

For shoulders I do 4 sets of side lateral raises, 4 sets of dumbell militry press, 4 sets of arnold press, 4 sets of rear delt raises, 4 sets of shoulder machine, 4 sets of, upright rows, 4 sets of shrugs (traps) What should be removed,

For back I do 4 sets of wide grip pull ups, 4 sets of close grip pull ups, 4 sets of wide grip lat pull downs, 4 sets of close grip lat pull downs, 4 sets on a back machine, 4 sets of dumbell rows What should be removed?

For biceps I do 4 sets of barbell curls, 4 sets of close grip barbell curls, 4 sets of seated dumbell curls, 4 sets preacher curls, 4 sets of hammer curls, 4 sets of cable curls What should be removed?

For triceps I don't know the names of the workouts but I do about 6 excercises

petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    op is a troll

Originally Posted by OsLoc View Post
    How long are your workouts?

For chest I do 4 sets of bench press, 4 sets of dumbell press, 4 sets of incline dumbell press, 4 sets of dumbell flys, 4 sets of cable cross overs. What should be removed?

For shoulders I do 4 sets of side lateral raises, 4 sets of dumbell militry press, 4 sets of arnold press, 4 sets of rear delt raises, 4 sets of shoulder machine, 4 sets of, upright rows, 4 sets of shrugs (traps) What should be removed,

For back I do 4 sets of wide grip pull ups, 4 sets of close grip pull ups, 4 sets of wide grip lat pull downs, 4 sets of close grip lat pull downs, 4 sets on a back machine, 4 sets of dumbell rows What should be removed?

For biceps I do 4 sets of barbell curls, 4 sets of close grip barbell curls, 4 sets of seated dumbell curls, 4 sets preacher curls, 4 sets of hammer curls, 4 sets of cable curls What should be removed?

For triceps I don't know the names of the workouts but I do about 6 excercises
    Wow thats alot of workouts. You should do diffrent exersices every week and diffrent sets also, drop sets and supersets e.g just do how you feel or google if ur not sure. I do 2-3 sets per muscle and it takes only 35-60min depends how tired am i. I got some problems with my heart that because i cant make it too fast some days. But srsly the dtp pyramid set is desyroying my muscles every single time x) I do heavy sets,drop sets and dtp depending how i feel like. I have gained more than before just cause i dont have exact routine. Sorry for my english, i may do sone mistakes its not my first language

Originally Posted by petertuck View Post
    op is a troll
    Why?

If your just gonna say silly things and not help me don't post in this thread at all

petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I have legs that can't b trained because of a bad accident I had a few years ago. And even if I could train legs how could that b squeezes into this already jam packed routine that needs reducing, I'm over training theres no way I can make it 6 body parts a week especially since I will only have 3 or 4 workout days a week consisting of 40 mins a day?

How does everyone else fit everything in to such a small workout schedule? Over training has just turned my world inside out, upside down, the wrong way round. Now nothing in the world of bodybuilding makes any sense!
    Chest can't be done the day before tricep and back can't be done the day before bicep. The arms would become severly overtrained and will get injured or even worse they will shrink rather than grow! This is whats been happening to me lately.

Also 40 mins for chest and back? It takes me about 45-50 mins just to train one of them to satisfaction
    Why?

If your just gonna say silly things and not help me don't post in this thread at all
    look above, you are definitely a troll

respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    YOU WILL NOT OVER TRAIN, YOU SIMPLY UNDER EAT!

you can train longer than 40 mins per session, i don't know who you have been listening to but they are wrong

longest name on teh misc SammmyChannnnnn's Avatar
    SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000)
    I may just be trying to help a troll, but oh well.

OP, read this.

1. It is almost impossible for beginners to overtrain. You aren't overtraining, you're just under-eating.

2. Why hit each bodypart once a week? If you want a 3 days a week routine, do fullbody 3x a week with a day rest in between.

3. 40 minutes isn't the max for working out. Take however long you need, but obviously not too long, just around 1 hour or so. Don't stop your workouts when you have to. Stop when you're done.

4. Your arms won't be overly trained and it can't shrink. OP stop worrying about all the minor things. Just get in the ****ing gym and lift some ****ing weights.

PeregrinTook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeregrinTook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeregrinTook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeregrinTook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeregrinTook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeregrinTook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeregrinTook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeregrinTook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeregrinTook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeregrinTook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeregrinTook has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sooo we're still doing brosplits nowadays?

anonymous
    Well if you cant do legs then i'd say
    day 1: chest and tris
    day 2: bis and back
    day 3 off
    day 4: tris and shoulders
    day 5: bis and forearms and abs Sorry that's 4 days but you cant really get it down to 3 days and get any good progress.

SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why is everyone recommending different variations of BRO-SPLITS to OP?

OP in case you didn't notice my post above above above, do a fullbody routine 3x a week with a rest day in between each day.

respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PeregrinTook View Post
    sooo we're still doing brosplits nowadays?
    there is nothing wrong with bro splits, people are to caught up in trying to make everything optimal. if you enjoy training like a bro do a bro split, if you enjoy full body training do a full body training, same for PPL same for upper/lower

Originally Posted by SammmyChannnnnn View Post
    I may just be trying to help a troll, but oh well.

OP, read this.

1. It is almost impossible for beginners to overtrain. You aren't overtraining, you're just under-eating.

2. Why hit each bodypart once a week? If you want a 3 days a week routine, do fullbody 3x a week with a day rest in between.

3. 40 minutes isn't the max for working out. Take however long you need, but obviously not too long, just around 1 hour or so. Don't stop your workouts when you have to. Stop when you're done.

4. Your arms won't be overly trained and it can't shrink. OP stop worrying about all the minor things. Just get in the ****ing gym and lift some ****ing weights.
    I garuntee I'm not a troll. I dont even know what a troll is, I'm just an average guy asking for advice in a forum. Also I'm not a beginner so over-training is a possibilty

Can I ask what your personal routine is and how many days a week you train?

So is it not true that anything over 4 excercises per body part is unnecasarry and over training?

Full body workouts 3 days a week is a horrible idea and nothing I would ever do. All the biggest bodybuilders I've researched isolate each body part once a week but may I ask you how they do this without over training when 4 days a week should b your maximum anything else isn't giving your muscles chance to recover and recuperate

Also how can you tell the difference from someone who is over training and someone who is under eating? All my symptoms say over training not under eating because I eat loadssss!

I garuntee I'm not a troll. I dont even know what a troll is, I'm just an average guy asking for advice in a forum. Also I'm not a beginner so over-training is a possibilty

So is it not true that anything over 4 excercises per body part is unnecasarry and over training?

Full body workouts 3 days a week is a horrible idea and nothing I would ever do. All the biggest bodybuilders I've researched isolate each body part once a week but may I ask you how they do this without over training when 4 days a week should b your maximum anything else isn't giving your muscles chance to recover and recuperate

Also how can you tell the difference from someone who is over training and someone who is under eating? All my symptoms say over training not under eating because I eat loadssss!
    dude your 6'2 and only 172lbs, you are still a beginner. overtraining is very hard to come to anyway

Omfg.

Ok. Listen.

1. You CAN'T overtrain. GET THIS "OVERTRAINING" THING OUT OF YOUR HEAD. You overtrain only when your CNS and your body can't recover in time for your next workout. If you rest sufficiently (8-10 hours), and eat enough to facilitate recovery, you won't overtrain.

2. Beginners (like you) have the ability to adapt to any routine and recover quickly. So no, you're a beginner, so you definitely WON'T overtrain.

3. All the biggest guys do one body part a day because THEY CAN. They've reached a stage whereby their muscles can handle bigger workloads, many exercises to hit every "part" of a muscle, etc. Which is better for them because they have the MASS to handle bigger volumes. YOU don't have enough mass to even consider having a day to chest whereby you do countless presses and flyes from different angles.

4. Many of the "big" people you see are on steroids. Which means they can literally grow much faster than the average trainee even from a 1x frequency.

5. 3x a week frequency gives each of your bodyparts 3 times a week to progress and grow, compared to 1x a week.

6. Your arms are shrinking because you aren't eating enough and your mind is playing tricks on you.

7. I train 3-4 days a week. If 3 days I do a fullbody routine 3 times a week. If 4 days I'll do an upper/lower split like "Lyle McDonald's bulking routine.

8. You can ****ING TRAIN ALL YOUR BODYPARTS IN A DAY. It is not overtraining (unless you're doing 928733773 sets for your chest before hitting your other parts).

9. FULL BODY ISN'T A HORRIBLE IDEA. Most beginners get their best gains from full body 3x a week. It's nothing you'll ever do? You'll regret.

10. Who said 4 days is maximum? Many people also train 5-6 days here, and they have absolutely NO PROBLEM recovering. Why? Because they aren't afraid to overtrain. Why? Because they eat enough and rest enough.

11. You eat loads? Tell me more. How much calories are you eating a day? I know many people who say "I eat a lot" and I can eat more than they eat in the entire day, in a single meal.

If you still persist on your worries about "overtraining" (which almost won't happen unless you're under-resting and undereating) then you are a confirm troll and I won't help you anymore. I'm kind enough to give you an essay to help but if you still want to do it your way, go ahead.

P.S. btw stop researching about all these big guys. Research on how beginners should train.