s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Did dropsets but did not feel one bit sore...

Im trying to get of a plateau and trying to get my body a pump and get sore again.

I tryed dropsets for chest and triceps, and also for back and biceps, but did not feel any kind of soreness afterwards.

Wtf is gonna make my body sore again? Or at least of of this plateau... (Diets fine)

s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone else expericence this??

TeeDwyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TeeDwyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by s58 View Post
    Anyone else expericence this??
    do you mix up your workouts? the rep rang and sets? swapping exercises can help. or it could be as simple as you might have to train a little more intense
    how long have you been training for?

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Soreness is not a good indicator at all that your workout will be beneficial.

And i'm not sure why you think that drop sets would be a good idea to get out of a plateau.

If your diet is in check (good chance you are wrong), and you are genuinely in an extended plateu, then there are a lot of things you can change, eg:
    - Split
    - Volume
    - Intensity
    - Exercise selection
    - Rep range
    etc etc

RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eat more maybe, unless you are 100% certain it's not your diet. Otherwise just what TheJediBrah says ^^

Silently ... But surely . Gilgamesh13's Avatar
    Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Added 40 lbs to my deadlift in 4 weeks ... my traps and upper back imploded ... but I never felt soreness, so must not be true muscle mass :/
    "By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward." Mikhail Bakunin ~

The king of the jungle is the lion not the elephant, the king of the seas is the shark not the whale... You may want to be the biggest, but my goal is to be king.

No action --> decay.

Don't let your ego write checks that your body can't cash.

Lapis Philosophorum.

Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Soreness is not a good indicator at all that your workout will be beneficial.

And i'm not sure why you think that drop sets would be a good idea to get out of a plateau.

If your diet is in check (good chance you are wrong), and you are genuinely in an extended plateu, then there are a lot of things you can change, eg:
    - Split
    - Volume
    - Intensity
    - Exercise selection
    - Rep range
    etc etc
    Diets fine. Im gaining 1-2 pounds per week. Def not my diet.

And dropsets are pretty much like changing the rep range. So why wouldnt they work?

And what do u mean by split volume and intensity?

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

And dropsets are pretty much like changing the rep range. So why wouldnt they work?

you could change your split, you could increase volume (more exercises), you could increase intensity (less sets, more to failure, adding drop sets could be a part of this, but by themselves i wouldn't expect much benefit)

another thing you could do is a deload, either take a week or 2 off, or deload the weights for a week or 2

Jokuer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jokuer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think soreness is a sign of being stuck. I always thought it was your body adapting to heavy training.
    But on another note, just change your workout around. Try doing high rep low weight or switching from Dumbs to Bars. Add some more sets, eat more, and weight. Maybe even change how you train throughout the week. Instead of having a Back/Bi day have a few full body days. There is a lot you can do to break the plateau.

Mt. St. Aesthetics Power2Pump4Life's Avatar
    Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Power2Pump4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gilgamesh13 View Post
    ... my traps and upper back imploded ...
    So they caved in like one would expect matter to do when on the fringe of a singularity?

Implode = collapse in on itself brah.

@ OP

If you are on a plateau, do 5-6 sets of 3-6 reps to build strength, using 85-90% of your 1 RM. You can't expect to pick up heavier weights if you always train in the 8-12 rep range. You should cycle.

1-3 months of a 5x5 or similar program, followed 1-3 months of hypertrophy training i.e. 3-4 sets of 6-15 (depending on individual). Arnold could deadlift 700 lbs at one point. He didn't get there by doing 3 sets of 10 every time he hit the deadlift...

This is, of course, my personal opinion, based on limited knowledge, and grounded in limited experience.....
    Last edited by Power2Pump4Life; 03-12-2013 at 02:23 PM.

you could change your split, you could increase volume (more exercises), you could increase intensity (less sets, more to failure, adding drop sets could be a part of this, but by themselves i wouldn't expect much benefit)

another thing you could do is a deload, either take a week or 2 off, or deload the weights for a week or 2
    What I did to try and help me break through this plateau was increase sets, eat more, switch to dumbells, and not go to failure every set like I used idk my body just doesnt wanna ****ing change

What I did to try and help me break through this plateau was increase sets, eat more, switch to dumbells, and not go to failure every set like I used idk my body just doesnt wanna ****ing change
    if that's what you were doing then you've probably messed up a bit

My advice would be to "start over".
    Start a new routine, stick to it, progressively overload appropriately, and save going to failure for rare occasions.

You don't have to go to failure to get bigger, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

If you are going to failure every set, you better not be more than 6 or so sets a workout

Kevin1195 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevin1195 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevin1195 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevin1195 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevin1195 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevin1195 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevin1195 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevin1195 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevin1195 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevin1195 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevin1195 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Say hello to obesity for me.

if that's what you were doing then you've probably messed up a bit

My advice would be to "start over".
    Start a new routine, stick to it, progressively overload appropriately, and save going to failure for rare occasions.

You don't have to go to failure to get bigger, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

If you are going to failure every set, you better not be more than 6 or so sets a workout
    Im saying I did restart. I used to go to failure on every set months ago....

Now Ive restarted and made some more gains but reached a plateau.

Originally Posted by Kevin1195 View Post
    Say hello to obesity for me.
    It's called "Bulking"

Look it up on google