03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Coconut-Almond Macaroons

I got this recipe from a user on here who posted it in a thread a long time ago. I can't remember his username or the thread it was in, but I think he said he had always made these for his epileptic sister. They are fantastic, and really easy to make.

I wouldn't suggest using Xylitol for this recipe. Unfortunately it does not mix with the egg whites the way it needs to in order to get an airy whipped texture. I find Splenda works the best, but I haven't tried Stevia yet.

Coconut-Almond Macaroons

• 4 egg whites
    • 1/8 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
    • 1/2 cup sweetener substitute
    • 1/2 cup ground almonds
    • 2 cups shredded coconut (unsweetened)

Preparation:

Whip egg whites, salt and extracts until frothy. Slowly pour in the Sweetener and whip until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to over whip until dry.

Gently, with a rubber spatula, fold in the almonds and coconut.

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and drop rounded tablespoons of batter 1 inch apart onto cookie sheet.

Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn off the oven, open door slightly, and let macaroons sit in the oven until cool to allow the macaroon to dry (very important, don’t skip).

Store in an airtight container. Makes 18-24 Servings

Macros per serving (20 servings):

Calories: 76
    Fat: 6.5g
    Protein: 2.0g
    Carbs: 2.8g (1.5g Net carbs)