soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50)

NSCA-CPT Study Suggestions?

I'm currently studying for the NSCA-CPT and was wondering if anyone could hook me up with some suggestions on exactly how to study for this test. . .

The book is SO dense with material and I'm not sure how in-depth I really need to know everything. For instance, there are a lot of formulas, most of which honestly don't seem very relevant when it comes to PRACTICAL knowledge of being a PT. And there's also a lot of other minutiae scattered about. For instance, for anyone who has the 2nd edition of the book, do I really need to know all the details of the charts from pages 233-245?

Basically I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with a lot of the details. If I need to know everything it will take my like a month just to get through one chapter!

Thoughts?
    "I must find the truth which is true for me; the truth for which I can live and die." -- Soren Kierkegaard

Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by soren_xavier View Post
    I'm currently studying for the NSCA-CPT and was wondering if anyone could hook me up with some suggestions on exactly how to study for this test. . .

The book is SO dense with material and I'm not sure how in-depth I really need to know everything. For instance, there are a lot of formulas, most of which honestly don't seem very relevant when it comes to PRACTICAL knowledge of being a PT. And there's also a lot of other minutiae scattered about. For instance, for anyone who has the 2nd edition of the book, do I really need to know all the details of the charts from pages 233-245?

Basically I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with a lot of the details. If I need to know everything it will take my like a month just to get through one chapter!

Thoughts?
    First of all, the 2nd edition? Holy crap that's OLD! Secondly, no, the formula's aren't really on the test, or at least NONE of them were when I took it.

soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kataz View Post
    First of all, the 2nd edition? Holy crap that's OLD!
    It's the one they're currently selling. . .

nsca.com/Store-Detail/?CID=1664

Originally Posted by Kataz View Post
    Secondly, no, the formula's aren't really on the test, or at least NONE of them were when I took it.
    Cool, thanks. I hope that's the case. I mean, if you literally had to know every little thing in the book, it would take you 2 years to finish studying!

How long ago did you take the test?
    "I must find the truth which is true for me; the truth for which I can live and die." -- Soren Kierkegaard

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I took the test - in the 90s - I used the book and the practice test. I think their practice tests are a good investment.
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com