ptmlewis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Weekend Binge Help

Hi I need some help with my diet and sticking with it. I'm currently doing Intermittent Fasting. Eating 2800 calories and loosing weight. I eat very well hit my macros and calories monday through to friday. Start getting hungry more towards friday and when saturday hits I can't control myself and I always end up eating bad for the weekend. I've tried going to the gym on saturdays to get my mind of but I keep thinking about junk food. I track my weight through out the week and loose 3-4kg but I think it's just water weight so I don't no wether I should eat more to cure my late week bingeing or what.
    So I'm just asking if anyone can help me cure this problem. I've been doing this for like 2 months now. Still the same weight since then and its depressing cause I put in so much effort but my body/cravings always get the best of me.
    Thank you for taking your time to read this

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not too familiar with IF, but maybe you should let yourself have one cheat meal over the weekend. (cheat meal not day)
    I just prepare the same food and routine for the weekend as any normal day, maybe having an extra coffee if I go out with friends etc.

1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    First, define junk food. If it fits your macros it is fine so as long as you consume adequate micronutrients.

Second, it's all about will power. Nobody can stand behind you and smack those foods out of your hands. Either fit them in your macros in amounts that are sustainable or find a way to kick them out of your mind.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

B.S. Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Pittsburgh '16

*Disclaimer: All recommendations are not intended to treat or cure any serious medical conditions.

Originally Posted by tara19 View Post
    I'm not too familiar with IF, but maybe you should let yourself have one cheat meal over the weekend. (cheat meal not day)
    I just prepare the same food and routine for the weekend as any normal day, maybe having an extra coffee if I go out with friends etc.
    Yea I do try having just a cheat meal but it gets out of hand and end up making excuses to allow myself to cheat all day. I think It's just I've got this thing in my mind that treats weekends different to weekdays. but thanks

Originally Posted by 1JFS3 View Post
    First, define junk food. If it fits your macros it is fine so as long as you consume adequate micronutrients.

Second, it's all about will power. Nobody can stand behind you and smack those foods out of your hands. Either fit them in your macros in amounts that are sustainable or find a way to kick them out of your mind.
    Thank's for your reply. I think I may have found the problem. During weekdays i'm at school so I don't think about food much. But on weekends I get up early and restrict myself from eating till 12pm because of the 16 hour fast. I might try not doing intermittent fasting on weekends and see how that goes. thanks a lot for positing

DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Could it be that your calorie deficit during the week is too big ? So on the week-end you're starving ? You could try to eat 100-150 cals more each and see what happen.

I don't know, just an advice

1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ptmlewis View Post
    Thank's for your reply. I think I may have found the problem. During weekdays i'm at school so I don't think about food much. But on weekends I get up early and restrict myself from eating till 12pm because of the 16 hour fast. I might try not doing intermittent fasting on weekends and see how that goes. thanks a lot for positing
    Use to be the same way for me..if I went too long without eating and then had food put in front of me, all hell broke loose. It's all about self control. While eating, remind yourself what it feels like afterwards to over eat. You'll stop doing it--trust me.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

B.S. Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Pittsburgh '16

*Disclaimer: All recommendations are not intended to treat or cure any serious medical conditions.

Originally Posted by 1JFS3 View Post
    Use to be the same way for me..if I went too long without eating and then had food put in front of me, all hell broke loose. It's all about self control. While eating, remind yourself what it feels like afterwards to over eat. You'll stop doing it--trust me.
    Ok thanks a lot for you time I think I just need to man up and build some will power. I really want a good body and i'll keep reminding myself

Originally Posted by DjOnEChuck View Post
    Could it be that your calorie deficit during the week is too big ? So on the week-end you're starving ? You could try to eat 100-150 cals more each and see what happen.

I don't know, just an advice
    Yea I'll give that a go thanks a lot

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Try incorporating more foods you enjoy throughout the week. You are probably eliminating certain foods because you think they are "bad" foods. But the truth is, it's all about moderation. Once you can wrap your mind around moderation, your urges to binge will usually subside.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you deprive yourself all week then binge once you get the taste on the weekend...

sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Get out of your habit now before you reach a point where the cheats are destroying your goals.