kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50)

New to flexible dieting.. HELP!!

Hi guys,

I don't post on here often or much at all. After working with a local guru coach for my first men's physique show, I was eating you know the 6x meals a day.. chicken, fish, brocoli, egg whites, 2 hours of cardio, 4 sets of everything on weights, etc. The funny thing is I am a big fan of Layne Norton and I was aware of flexible dieting and that everything I was doing was b/s. I continued to do it regardless because I was getting the most leanest I have ever been. I look back now and realize how big of a TOOL I was being, to my friends, family, girlfriend. I had to eat my meals on time, train on time, wake up and do fasted cardio on time, go to bed on time.. etc etc etc.

I recently dropped my coach and have been doing a lot of research on flexible dieting and IIFYM, as well as different approaches to training.. PHAT, upper/lower, push/pull/legs, etc. I am NATURAL and plan on staying NATURAL for the rest of my life so I want to follow the most optimal training and nutrition principles out there for an individual like myself.

So as far as training goes, I think I'm going to begin training with the PHAT style of training. The thing I am having trouble with is nutrition. I have worked out my caloric intake as well as macros for gaining and they look something like this.

My Stats:
    177lbs (12-15% bodyfat)
    173cms (just under 5'8)

Calculated Caloric Intake:
    3650kcal

P:194g
    C:444g
    F:121g
    (Would like to know your thoughts on this as well, I will be training 5x a week with the two power days and 3 hypertrophy days, no cardio except 60-90 minutes of volleyball on mondays)

So as far as nutrition goes, I'm so lost on what to EAT. The one good thing about working on a cookie cutter diet is knowing what meals to eat, on a daily basis. This makes grocery shopping very easy, especially for budgeting. I would love to hear some tips from you guys on what to purchase for my protein, fats, and carbs. Currently my sources are eggs, egg whites ( getting kind of expensive so I would like to avoid these), chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, steak, etc. Carbs are mainly white pasta ( should I be getting whole wheat?) brown rice (prefer over white personally), and whole wheat bread/bagels, and POPTARTS when I have them. Fats are mainly the eggs and olive oil, and animal fats from meat.

Am I on the right track? Would love your guys input on how you determine what you are going to eat on a daily basis or if you just eat whatever, whenever. I'm use to prepping the same meals over and over, etc. Which I don't mind, but I definitely would love more variety.

Thank you!!
    PSN - kempbrah

Skinny natty men's physique competitor with no legs checking in.

I rep back.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by kidkemp View Post
    So as far as nutrition goes, I'm so lost on what to EAT. The one good thing about working on a cookie cutter diet is knowing what meals to eat, on a daily basis. This makes grocery shopping very easy, especially for budgeting. I would love to hear some tips from you guys on what to purchase for my protein, fats, and carbs. Currently my sources are eggs, egg whites ( getting kind of expensive so I would like to avoid these), chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, steak, etc. Carbs are mainly white pasta ( should I be getting whole wheat?) brown rice (prefer over white personally), and whole wheat bread/bagels, and POPTARTS when I have them. Fats are mainly the eggs and olive oil, and animal fats from meat.

Am I on the right track? Would love your guys input on how you determine what you are going to eat on a daily basis or if you just eat whatever, whenever. I'm use to prepping the same meals over and over, etc. Which I don't mind, but I definitely would love more variety.
    What do you like to eat? Compose your meals from what you enjoy; what matters most is simply reaching your macro totals each day, and having a slant towards also getting adequate micros. Past that, there's not much else to tell you. It's just not any more complicated than that.

I followed the bro nutrition plan for 15 years. Like you, I made good progress doing so, but can recall countless times I denied myself involvement in social situations where my 'schedule' and my 'special' foods would be disrupted. Also like you, I eventually came to realize that none of it was necessary.

We learn by experience.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you bro, I guess it will just take some time to figure out what I actually enjoy eatting again lol.. ugh I feel kinda pathetic! Thanks again.
    PSN - kempbrah

Skinny natty men's physique competitor with no legs checking in.

I rep back.

TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Iifym

Hey man,

I feel you ... nutrition was always tougher for me to manage than my training. Sounds like you have more research to do, and you might not get a complete answer to all of your questions from everyone on here, but here is some info I collected on IIFYM that you might find helpful (I posted a quick video I made on the topic there too):

http://top-form-fitness.com/fitness-...-clean-eating/

And here is how I look at planning my macros and calories... for what it's worth; just take what makes sense to you and keep learning:

Good luck!
    SDPharmaceuticals.com Sponsored Athlete & Representative

PharmaFreak.com Athlete & Ambassador

www.Top-Form-Fitness.com/Fitness-Blog

Follow me on ********.com & Instagram.com & YouTube.com /TopFormFitness