Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit creaser's BodySpace

Best sup to take...

My brother is doing a charity bike ride from Paris to Barcelona (over 1000km) later this year and is now into his serious training for it, he's asked for sup advice on what sups to take as he only really knows about protein helping muscle recovery and that's it. I dont do any long distance endurance training, so I dont know whats best for him (or how his body feels during the training, the morning after etc) so i'm not entirely sure what to recommend to him.

would protein be sufficient for him? not too sure on how much muscle breakdown occurs from endurance cycling

was thinking about glutamine as that helps recovery and can reduce muscle cramps.

i'll definitely be giving him some of my glucosamine because that much of the same leg action could give him discomfort, so it could help a bit.

Anything else to consider?
    pics are always required, spoon proof always preferred. spoon pics get reps

I rep if you make me laugh / help me / have some form of recognisable support for one of my teams

I have kicked a live fish in the sea
    I have punched a spider to death to prove I am the alpha male of my room
    I have used a hamster as a weapon
    I am not Dr Dolittle

Groce has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Groce has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Groce has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Groce has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Groce has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Groce has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Groce has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Groce has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Groce has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Groce has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Groce has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    jack3d

creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) creaser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ScaleAndSteel View Post
    You take supplements to make up for a lack in your diet. Is the diet lacking in protein? Take a protein powder. Do you get enough greens and fruits? If not take a multi. That is the point. People who get caught up in Supps are caught up in the marketing and the game of being in the small Supps addict crowd but really it is just a waste of money for the vast majority of it.

The basics are: protein powder, fish oil, multi vit and creatine. If your endurance training (long distance) you can nix creatine. If you get enough protein then you can nix the powder and if you eat fish 3 times a week then nix the fish oil. If you eat a serving of veg/fruits every day then nix the multi.
    This is the problem I've got. I dont know about his diet as i havent lived with him for about 4 years, but i dont imagine its that great or that he's started eating to suit his training (might be eating more pasta, but thats about it knowing him).

I'll probably get him protein and a cheap multi

I rep if you make me laugh / help me / have some form of recognisable support for one of my teams

I am not Dr Dolittle

Originally Posted by Groce View Post
    jack3d
    might empty a tub of craze into the protein before i give it to him for lols

I am not Dr Dolittle

Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    medsford is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsford is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsford is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsford is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsford is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsford is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsford is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsford is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsford is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsford is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsford is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit medsford's BodySpace
    Creatine

Stats: 5'9", 175 lbs
    BigNasty100 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigNasty100 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigNasty100 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigNasty100 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigNasty100 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigNasty100 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigNasty100 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigNasty100 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigNasty100 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigNasty100 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigNasty100 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit BigNasty100's BodySpace