Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

curling question.

i can only curl 30 lbs dumbells on each arm. but i go all the way down. not to mention i keep my elbows tucked in.
    is this more efficient? sometimes some of these big guys use like 60 lbs weights but it looks like they are doing it with a bad form. then is them doing it wrong?? or am i doing my job?

i can do like 40 with a bad form when everyone else does there but i dont wanna be less efficient

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    You should always start strict, but if the only way you can start lifting a new weight is to cheat a little, you do it, and become strict as you are capable. Cheating is also done as you fatigue, so that you can keep working the muscle even though it isn't capable of it. A better way to do that is dropsets. Cheating can let you get it to the top to do eccentrics too, which is valuble and drop sets don't cover it.

Ftballguy82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ftballguy82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ftballguy82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ftballguy82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ftballguy82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ftballguy82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ftballguy82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ftballguy82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ftballguy82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ftballguy82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ftballguy82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd say to do both.. alternate between using strict form and "cheat curls" when you don't exactly have the best form. Generally the only way to increase weight is to life heavier weight, and like it was said it's okay to cheat a little to get up the heavier weight.
    A work in progress...

http://www.exerciseinfoworld.com

neilsabo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neilsabo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neilsabo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neilsabo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neilsabo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neilsabo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neilsabo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neilsabo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neilsabo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neilsabo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neilsabo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    imo if you've hit a plateu doing db curls, rather than doing 'cheat' curls, try changing up the exercise...different number of reps, different exercises, things like 21-rep salutes, etc...

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ftballguy82 View Post
    I'd say to do both.. alternate between using strict form and "cheat curls" when you don't exactly have the best form. Generally the only way to increase weight is to life heavier weight, and like it was said it's okay to cheat a little to get up the heavier weight.
    The key is to cheat a little, as Ftball said. Don't bend yourself in random ways to get the weight up. That means it too heavy.

However, it's alright to sacrifice a little form to go up in weight.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I personally wouldn't go up in weight before my form was perfect. If the weights jump too high, increase the amount of reps per set until you can perform your current number of reps on the higher weight with correct form.

Cheating may produce results, but I'd rather reduce the risk of injury for the sake of my ego.

Good luck!

HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by neilsabo View Post
    imo if you've hit a plateu doing db curls, rather than doing 'cheat' curls, try changing up the exercise...different number of reps, different exercises, things like 21-rep salutes, etc...
    Good point.

Also who said you need to do curls to develop your biceps hah! Get some bb bent over rows and pronated grip chins in your routine :P

FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Even within the context of what most people consider "good form" and "cheat curls" there exists good and bad form. In other words, someone who appears to be using good form might not be and vice-versa. The key to the curl is making the biceps do as much of the work as possible. One good way to overload the biceps is to "cheat" using a little push or swing to get the weight moving, but you still have to keep the stress on the biceps. It's possible to do a cheat curl without really using your biceps at all. It's also possible to use so-called "strict form" and use mostly forearms and shoulders to move the weight. Here are some basic form rules:

1. Keep your elbows back but not too far back (bringing them forward, unless you're super-strict in doing so, brings the front delts into play; bringing them too far back shortens the range of motion too much). You don't have to keep your elbows jammed into your sides either.

2. Keep your palms down. In other words, don't do anything resembling a wrist curl at the start of the movement. This takes stress off the biceps and puts it on the wrists and forearms.

3. If you're using db's, lower them the same way your raised them - this keeps the stress on the muscles. If you lower them as in a hammer curl you'll put the stress onto the forearms.

That's it. I got this from Bob Cicherillo on the bb.com DVD series, tried it and it has worked sensationally for me. Two more things he says: 1. you don't have to be robot, and 2. you can deload the weight after each rep.

I used to do curls much differently and I used to struggle to really hit my biceps. Using these techniques and doing the same routine I've been sore in my bi's three straight weeks.

porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would say don't worry about it. Work as hard as you can with the 30's. Be consistent and do other exercises. Change the reps.
    Make sure you are hitting the biceps and getting a good solid contraction. Over time, you will get stronger.
    That's what I did. I did 30's for a long time until I could get a lot of reps, then I moved up.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yea. i usually do a set of 12. i need to lose weight and build up my endurance. I am not really worried about the amount of weight I am lifting more on what I am doing to lift that weight. After my set i usually get a 30 lb barbell an curl it ovedhand. my trainer taught me that. it tires me out really fast but i feel the burn.

But i appreciate all of yall's information. i guess i will do perfect form then Cheat curls when i can. but Perfect Form beats the hell out of me =) so i guess ill have to switch it off to 25 until i cant do anymore.

Thanks
    -Chris

Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    i can only curl 30 lbs dumbells on each arm. but i go all the way down. not to mention i keep my elbows tucked in.
    is this more efficient? sometimes some of these big guys use like 60 lbs weights but it looks like they are doing it with a bad form. then is them doing it wrong?? or am i doing my job?

i can do like 40 with a bad form when everyone else does there but i dont wanna be less efficient
    You are doing it right. These guys are most usually using a weight that is far to heavy for them to use proper form during a lift so they cheat a lot. Its ok to cheat a little for instance to have a slight movement at the low back and knees to keep the movement smooth and injury free.