Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how to overpower blockers

i know the general concept is to get low but when i get blocked i feel like i just get pushed back rather than overpowering them. part of it is weight/strength but im fairly strong for my division (we're jv) but I think at almost 180 pounds it shouldn't be a factor.

i want to know how to go head up with an olineman, drive him back 5 yards and shed the block.

thanks.

also are there any guys out there with speed tips
    Last edited by Skarlo; 03-07-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Alek23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alek23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alek23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alek23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alek23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alek23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alek23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alek23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alek23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alek23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alek23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oline is slow just give them a head fake it will work a couple times so throw that in there. You never want to just try to drive them back, hit him square in the chest and stand him up then make your move from there.

OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm guessing you are an interior lineman? I can give tips for edge rushing but I'm not the best a DL tactics. Youtube Warren Sapp and start taking notes. Swim move is now your best friend for the next month.
    People say all of this crap about genetics this, genetics that. I will never let genetics tell me what I can and cannot do..

30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get low and extend your hands. If he gets into your chest first it will always be a stalemate
    www.TrainWithSykes.com

Check out my Youtube Channel: TrainWithSykes

Please like the ******** Page: www.********.com/ITrainWithSykes

If your not getting better your getting worse. There is no in-between.

KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Its all about leverage, if you are under his pads with bent knees and a flat back you will win. You MUST have a violent hand strike in his chest, inside hands will fix a LOT of problems. If you youtube board drills you will find proper ways to move people. Being big and strong definitely helps but if you have great technique you can beat bigger stronger guys!

RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    when you're driving in, make good, hard contact with the blocker. use your body to shield to ball, and if he overdoes it, it'll be a foul on him. Just 3 key things : drive hard, finish strong, protect ball.

gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hand violence is key. when a online man gets his hands on you and you let him a good olineman should destroy you. Also develop some good moves inside rip, a speed rush, spin along with this and consistent lifting you'll be a beast in no time

Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gmanschmidt View Post
    Hand violence is key. when a online man gets his hands on you and you let him a good olineman should destroy you. Also develop some good moves inside rip, a speed rush, spin along with this and consistent lifting you'll be a beast in no time

Exactly to play any defensive postion you have to be violent!
    Playing on the edge you have little more variety of tricks to use but 2 things you cant miss is keeping separation and dropping the bad level! football especially defense is all about good angles and good leverage!

DurtyBulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chances are if they are worth the space they take up on the field, you probably won't easliy overpower an o-lineman. What makes the difference between a regular player and a standout player is your motor. Great defenders go 100 miles an hr whistle to whistle. Your gonna get blocked, your gonna trip, your gonna get hung up on guys. You have to drive on and out work everyone else. Pursue and finish. If you go your hardest and keep that peddle to the floor you will end up in some incredibly advantageous positions on the field. Flying around all game and being a junk yard dog is gonna wear that big strong o lineman down, then over power him....or crack his gigantic ass and let him know you bite a little bit. He'll stay home next play.