Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100)

Decrease / Reduce Broad Shoulders

Hi Bodybuilders,

I may be the first person to ask this but I am starting to develop broad shoulders which I am not liking. I am actually a short person and thats the reason broad shoulders does not suit me.
    I was 200lbs and drop to 175 which gave me good broad shoulders and now I started to build muscle which is making it worse. I am avoiding any shoulder/back exercise, but its not helping at all.

Please advice.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you DONT want broad shoulder?
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by mehulrocks View Post
    Hi Bodybuilders,

I may be the first person to ask this but I am starting to develop broad shoulders which I am not liking. I am actually a short person and thats the reason broad shoulders does not suit me.
    I was 200lbs and drop to 175 which gave me good broad shoulders and now I started to build muscle which is making it worse. I am avoiding any shoulder/back exercise, but its not helping at all.

Please advice.
    There was a guy who posted a thread in here yesterday or the day before, complaining about how his legs were too big, and wanted to know how to make them smaller. Maybe you could find his thread, PM him, and see what he found out about about making his legs tiny. Surely what works to shrink legs would also work on shoulders.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

More like CaptainRehab CaptainProtein's Avatar
    CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in4pics? I'm just curious to see why someone wouldn't want broad shoulders

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CaptainProtein View Post
    this
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't understand how someone has a join date in 2009 and their first post is in 2013? Then to top it off its an uterly idiotic post to boot.

mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100) mehulrocks is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yes I do not want broad shoulders. The reason being I am short, I am 5'2" and the broad shoulders makes me looks ridiculous. And besides instead of gaining muscles I am gaining broadness.

Broad shoulders would be good if its in proportion with my body. Neways can someone just give me some ideas how not to increase shoulders and reduce the broadness please.

Originally Posted by CaptainProtein View Post

Training for an iron butt Icepray's Avatar
    Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Stop working out and become a marathon runner...

You're not broad if you can fit through a doorway, the day you gotta go sideways is too broad... f*ck that that even isn't broad enough
    Follow my vlog on my journey as an Amputee !
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/icepray
    Instagram: Icepray
    ********: www.********.com/ampuvation

Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you claim you are not gaining muscle but you are gaining "broadness." WTF do you think is making you broad? LOLOL

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My shoulders are too wide/big/broad.

Said no man, ever.
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Justamonsta View Post
    you claim you are not gaining muscle but you are gaining "broadness." WTF do you think is making you broad? LOLOL
    Maybe he's growing teets, or his nuts are ascending.
    Hookey Pookey crew

handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe you can talk to your doctor about estrogen supplements or possibly a testosterone inhibitor

so you are saying skinny people cant be broad??

Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm saying you can't increase your broadness without fat/muscle...assuming you've stopped growing.

He's claiming that you are a physical anomaly.
    Hookey Pookey crew

I'm saying you can't increase your broadness without fat/muscle...assuming you've stopped growing.
    If I was building muscle and getting broad shoulders from that, I would not have posted this question. May be now you can understand my problem.. I am getting broad without even gaining good muscle.. so basically it looks ridiculous

if i was building muscle and getting broad shoulders from that, i would not have posted this question. May be now you can understand my problem.. I am getting broad without even gaining good muscle.. So basically it looks ridiculous
    you can't get broader without gaining muscle you dolt!!!! Wow.....

Post some pics. I guarantee you aren't as broad as you think you are....

oh you knw everything ha fitness expert! ppffftttttttt

oh you knw everything ha fitness expert! ppffftttttttt
    well by all means mr. genius, why don't you explain to me and the others how you are getting broader? Are your bones expanding?

well by all means mr. genius, why don't you explain to me and the others how you are getting broader? Are your bones expanding?
    My bone is expanding.
    Hookey Pookey crew

wait are you saying that bones can't grow without muscle building? how bout you u learn a little about body first then open an account here!!

wait are you saying that bones can't grow without muscle building? how bout you u learn a little about body first then open an account here!!
    How old are you?
    Hookey Pookey crew

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you're gaining fat or you simply have no chest muscle which is making regular shoulders look overpowering b/c of lack of proportion.

you likely have bad body composition which needs to be fixed with proper lifting form, diet, and time.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

I already said "unless you are still growing." Look the bottom line is this: if you are still growing, and it is bone, then there is NOTHING you can do about it. If you aren't still growing, but you are getting broader, then it is muscle/fat. This isn't that f**king hard...

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Oh your bones are getting longer in your shoulders while everything else is staying the same and this was brought on by weight loss. Makes perfect sense now. The solution is to go see a doctor about having clavical reduction surgery. That should fix you right up. Very common these days since narrow shoulders have become all the rage in the BB community.

backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just do more kipping pullups that should narrow your shoulders

I already said "unless you are still growing." Look the bottom line is this: if you are still growing, and it is bone, then there is NOTHING you can do about it. If you aren't still growing, but you are getting broader, then it is muscle/fat. This isn't that f**king hard...
    do you do this pointless argument everyday or today is like a special day for you? is your age really 24? seriouslyyyy???

Originally Posted by backspace412 View Post
    just do more kipping pullups that should narrow your shoulders
    Thank you backspace412 and sharpieblet

Sharpieblet can you suggest any other exercise to get it back to its proportion? I am trying to be healthy and having enough supplementation on diet side.

mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Post a pic?