Cain1010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cain1010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Calorie/body fat advice

Hi guys

Stats:

6" 1
    165 pounds

I am having some problems/confusion with getting together my plan for fat loss, which is my main concern at the moment due to feeling very out of shape.

I am of a skinny build however a large build up of fat on chest/belly area. I guess you could describe me as the typical 'skinny/fat'.

Measurement at my naval is 36" however wrists are just 6.5" around and biceps whilst relaxed are just 12.5" around (just to give you an idea of build).

My body fat on calculators seems to be around 25-27% but not sure if totally accurate given my build?

I have gotten a gym membership and plan to go 5 times a week training a body area per day (I have done research and used to lift a couple of years ago). I am very dedicated to do this (no fad) as I feel so crap about my body I feel I have to change it!

If I maintain roughly 1300 calories a day am I going to lose a substantial amount of fat whilst putting on some muscle?

If you need more information in order to respond just let me know ( minus bank account details )

Thanks in advance.

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Cain1010 View Post
    My body fat on calculators seems to be around 25-27% but not sure if totally accurate given my build?
    You are correct; these are mostly false estimates based on qualitative numbers (disregard the results they give you).

If I maintain roughly 1300 calories a day am I going to lose a substantial amount of fat whilst putting on some muscle?
    No. Do not do this. 1300 is a cut for a girl who's 4'11" not a man who's 6'1". Calculate how many cals (and macros) you'll need by visiting this thread.

If you need more information in order to respond just let me know ( minus bank account details )
    OK please tell me about your job and can I have your bosses name and number?
    The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi guy,
    Google a calorie counter and put in your measurements and that will tell you how much calories you need DAILY to lose weight week to week.Account for everything you eat that has calories and water intake to keep you on track.
    “Well done is better than well said.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Instagram www.instagram.com/bmillahgram

Music--www.soundclick.com/bmillahmusic
    www.reverbnation.com/bmillahmusic
    www.soundcloud.com/bmillahmusic
    www.twitter.com/bmillahmusic
    www.********.com/bmillah

Cain1010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cain1010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BeingPaid View Post
    You are correct; these are mostly false estimates based on qualitative numbers (disregard the results they give you).
    Thought as much, similar to BMI being off.

Originally Posted by BeingPaid View Post
    No. Do not do this. 1300 is a cut for a girl who's 4'11" not a man who's 6'1". Calculate how many cals (and macros) you'll need by visiting this thread.
    Thanks.

Originally Posted by bmillah788 View Post
    Hi guy,
    Google a calorie counter and put in your measurements and that will tell you how much calories you need DAILY to lose weight week to week.Account for everything you eat that has calories and water intake to keep you on track.
    Thanks, had a look and went on a calorie calc by 'freedieting.com' and calories needed for extreme fat loss was about 1600 calories. Is this a good number to go for? I don't feel as if I need to consume much more than that so far.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stats:

6" 1
    165 pounds

I am having some problems/confusion with getting together my plan for fat loss, which is my main concern at the moment due to feeling very out of shape..
    Bulk!

Please bulk, you have nothing to cut to.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    Bulk!

I do see your point however I can't even fit in my suit jacket right now ffs. I do not enjoy my small manboobs poking out of a t-shirt or my belly rolling over when I'm sitting down at work. Nomsayin'

So my plan is to lose a few pounds, get in respectable shape and then build muscle from then on. Is that an incorrect way of doing it?

bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks, had a look and went on a calorie calc by 'freedieting.com' and calories needed for extreme fat loss was about 1600 calories. Is this a good number to go for? I don't feel as if I need to consume much more than that so far.
    Yes that's a great number go for it.Just track every calorie you consume and you will see results in no time. You can do it.
    “Well done is better than well said.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Instagram www.instagram.com/bmillahgram

Music--www.soundclick.com/bmillahmusic
    www.reverbnation.com/bmillahmusic
    www.soundcloud.com/bmillahmusic
    www.twitter.com/bmillahmusic
    www.********.com/bmillah

Yes that's a great number go for it.Just track every calorie you consume and you will see results in no time. You can do it.
    Okay great!

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    And watch your muscle melt away, along with that fat. Geez, do it right man. Google and search this site for TDEE info, or go directly here to find your TDEE, and get an accurate profile of what you should take in, so that you retain as much muscle as possible, and lose body fat the correct way.

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

thisguyfromsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisguyfromsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisguyfromsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisguyfromsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisguyfromsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisguyfromsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisguyfromsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisguyfromsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisguyfromsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisguyfromsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisguyfromsp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bulk!

First thing that came to my mind when I saw those stats!

Agreed, you need to bulk rather than lose fat according to those stats. But obviously a pic would help better assess.

Originally Posted by thisguyfromsp View Post
    First thing that came to my mind when I saw those stats!

Agreed, you need to bulk rather than lose fat according to those stats. But obviously a pic would help better assess.
    Will post after I finish up work. I do want to end up bigger but I'm wanting to get into shape before getting doing so and therefore be comfortable with my body as day to day image is an important thing for for (I am a salesman).

Just to clarify I am writing this with intent of acheiving an athletic style body rather than the bodybuilder frame. (No hate on aspiring bodybuilders) but it is just not my goal.

jessyToo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessyToo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Evenghough I agree on the fact that 165 and 6,1 is not too much, it all depends on your body composition. You could be skinny fat and the most important part is that you feel comfortable else it won't work. So it looks to me that you might be better off losing some %BF while trying to maintain the weight/gain some muscle before you go on a bulk.
    See attached your kcal needs in order to do so. 1300 is far below your needs. A cut at 2300 should be the lowest you should go (except you do less than 3-5 times a week sports).
    Attached Images
    Certified Fitness Nutrition Coach
    Books for Bodybuilding: www.books-for-bodybuilding.info
    Free Bodybuilding Tool: www.bodymanagementprogram.com

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jessyToo View Post
    Evenghough I agree on the fact that 165 and 6,1 is not too much, it all depends on your body composition. You could be skinny fat and the most important part is that you feel comfortable else it won't work. So it looks to me that you might be better off losing some %BF while trying to maintain the weight/gain some muscle before you go on a bulk.
    See attached your kcal needs in order to do so. 1300 is far below your needs. A cut at 2300 should be the lowest you should go (except you do less than 3-5 times a week sports).
    What software/website are you using to calculate his TDEE?

Ok here comes the pics.

Phucken makes me sick srs. Hopefully gives you more understanding as to where I am coming from.

I used to be skinny as fk and lifted a couple of years ago, made some good gains and unfortunately gave it up. As you can see, I have since let myself go and eaten junk and not taken care of my body!

If someone could embed for me please, if not just remove the space in http to view

h ttp://i.imgur.com/hod0YJXl.jpg

h ttp://i.imgur.com/JQpg7Yml.jpg

h ttp://i.imgur.com/rGEA8kwl.jpg

h ttp://i.imgur.com/6SXWyPjl.jpg

UKBawz is on a distinguished road. (+10) UKBawz is on a distinguished road. (+10) UKBawz is on a distinguished road. (+10) UKBawz is on a distinguished road. (+10) UKBawz is on a distinguished road. (+10) UKBawz is on a distinguished road. (+10) UKBawz is on a distinguished road. (+10) UKBawz is on a distinguished road. (+10) UKBawz is on a distinguished road. (+10) UKBawz is on a distinguished road. (+10) UKBawz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here you go OP.

Good luck with your goals.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You wouldn't look half as bad if you had good posture. I can see where you are coming from in wanting to cut, but you have no muscle mass. If you do cut, I would only go 10lbs at the very most. You really need to bulk.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

You wouldn't look half as bad if you had good posture. I can see where you are coming from in wanting to cut, but you have no muscle mass. If you do cut, I would only go 10lbs at the very most. You really need to bulk.
    Yeah probably 10lbs is the maximum I was looking at (probably should have stated that, my bad).

I think if I cut around 10lbs then I will have confidence again then bulk up.

Sorry for the posture, was trying to relax I guess and not suck anything in, if I walk around I will tend to hold myself higher to disguise it a bit ha.

jessyToo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessyToo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Paulie_G View Post
    What software/website are you using to calculate his TDEE?
    The one in which is in my signature (www.caloriemealplanner.com).
    Certified Fitness Nutrition Coach
    Books for Bodybuilding: www.books-for-bodybuilding.info
    Free Bodybuilding Tool: www.bodymanagementprogram.com

Originally Posted by jessyToo View Post
    Thanks for this.

I made up the following also as a standard ish diet to follow:

Breakfast - 100gram oats and a 30g protein scoop mixed in.

Mid-morning - banana

Lunch - Turkey breast 100g with 3x hard boiled eggs

Mid-afternoon - banana

Dinner - 1 chicken breast with portion of brown pasta

After work-out - 1 protein scoop (shake)

The above comes in at somewhere around 1500 calories, am I best to do the above but increase portion size a little with reference to the chicken, oats, turkey breast?

Considering the above I couldn't imagine eating more than 2000 calories, I could have the above and not be hungry all day tbf.

...and Carlysdaddy camdensdaddy's Avatar
    camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I made up the following also as a standard ish diet to follow:

Breakfast - 100gram oats and a 30g protein scoop mixed in.

Mid-morning - banana

Lunch - Turkey breast 100g with 3x hard boiled eggs

Mid-afternoon - banana

Dinner - 1 chicken breast with portion of brown pasta

After work-out - 1 protein scoop (shake)

The above comes in at somewhere around 1500 calories, am I best to do the above but increase portion size a little with reference to the chicken, oats, turkey breast?

Considering the above I couldn't imagine eating more than 2000 calories, I could have the above and not be hungry all day tbf.
    Where's the fat?

Originally Posted by camdensdaddy View Post
    Where's the fat?
    Probably need to put some fish in there don't I.

that is about 25grams fat p/d

...and Carlysdaddy camdensdaddy's Avatar
    camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Probably need to put some fish in there don't I.

that is about 25grams fat p/d
    Fish is good. You don't have to eat boring all the time though dude.

Aim for 1g of protein per pound of bw
    Aim for .4-.45g of fat per pound of bw
    fill the rest in with carbs or whatever will keep you full and/or sane but under your caloric limit.

That said, PB goes good with oatmeal and chocolate protein powder and will up your fats. You might want to replace the shakes with some real food, but if hunger isn't an issue...adding some PB and skim milk with chocolate protein powder and banana is pretty tasty.

iamarcin is on a distinguished road. (+10) iamarcin is on a distinguished road. (+10) iamarcin is on a distinguished road. (+10) iamarcin is on a distinguished road. (+10) iamarcin is on a distinguished road. (+10) iamarcin is on a distinguished road. (+10) iamarcin is on a distinguished road. (+10) iamarcin is on a distinguished road. (+10) iamarcin is on a distinguished road. (+10) iamarcin is on a distinguished road. (+10) iamarcin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't even fit in my suit jacket right now ffs.
    If that is even a hold-up then get a bigger suit jacket. Was that from when you were 15? 1st communion?
    Later you will fit that bigger suit jacket with muscle not fat. It wont be your last if you are serious about fitness...

BULK...
    by the time you learn how to exercise properly you should be able to loose a few pounds of fat.