Iamasiann has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Iamasiann has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Any workout routine to improve in explosiveness, vertical and speed?

I want to increase my explosiveness, vertical and speed for my sport: Basketball. I can't stick to a workout routine because they are usually really bad. Are there any workout routines that are really good and that I can stick with? A workout routine with split days for upper and lower body?

Thank you

einstein197 will become famous soon enough. (+50) einstein197 will become famous soon enough. (+50) einstein197 will become famous soon enough. (+50) einstein197 will become famous soon enough. (+50) einstein197 will become famous soon enough. (+50) einstein197 will become famous soon enough. (+50) einstein197 will become famous soon enough. (+50) einstein197 will become famous soon enough. (+50) einstein197 will become famous soon enough. (+50) einstein197 will become famous soon enough. (+50) einstein197 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Iamasiann View Post
    I want to increase my explosiveness, vertical and speed for my sport: Basketball. I can't stick to a workout routine because they are usually really bad. Are there any workout routines that are really good and that I can stick with? A workout routine with split days for upper and lower body?

Thank you
    Get a weighted vest and do box jumps. also on squat take your typical 4x8 and do 8 sets of 4 with that weight. Focus on the negative then really explode out of the squat. My roommate does this, he is a D1 sprinter.

Cassum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cassum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cassum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cassum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cassum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cassum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cassum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cassum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cassum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cassum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cassum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    plyometric program

^ box jumps, two legged and one legged
    Jumping lunges and squats

Do sprints 10-15 meter sprints

Speed ladders also come handy improving your quick feet can get you into position faster to perform jumps etc
    How to become a sponsored athlete

http://stepstogetsponsored.blogspot.com.au

Running for my life. The Running Man's Avatar
    The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The best thing would probably be an abbreviated plyometrics program. You already (presumably) do basketball workouts, so you you want to be mindful about going full bore on a plyometrics program; your lower legs can only take so much pounding on hard surfaces. You could implement a minor speed component, but the amount of actual sprinting in basketball is very limited.

SportsTraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Box jump, DB jumps, split leg jumps, Sprinting hills, speed & agility training. It takes a lot of work, but you're right, you do need to stick with a program. Footwork is important in Basketball as well. Check out KingSportsTraining.com for some footwork drills, under 'Training Videos'

LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    WS4SB3 comes to mind. It's a 4day split, with plyos built in.

Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500)
    Just as others have said, lower body plyometrics.

Power cleans and hang cleans can also help out. They indirectly imitate a jumping motion, should help improve your explosiveness.