ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hands hurting when lifting

I am new to this whole site and this is my first post. I'm just using it to keep myself motivated to lose weight, not body build.

In the last week, when I have been lifting weights the palms of my hands have been hurting. I have gotten calluses in the past and am starting to again, but its more in the muscles. And usually only on my left hand. I'm not lifting too much weight.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I thought about getting gloves but I'm pretty sure I'd be the only girl at the gym using them :/ Any other ideas of how to stop the pain?

Thanks

Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds like it's just light bruising as opposed to tendinitis.

Your hands will grow accustomed to the pressure, but you may want to adjust your grip. What type of lifts did you do, or which ones aggravate it the most?

As far as gloves go... who cares what other people think? If it improves your workout, then do it. Fat gripz might help too, and they would also strengthen your forearm.

cgoudy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cgoudy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cgoudy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cgoudy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cgoudy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cgoudy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cgoudy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cgoudy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cgoudy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cgoudy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cgoudy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Concat View Post
    Sounds like it's just light bruising as opposed to tendinitis.

Your hands will grow accustomed to the pressure, but you may want to adjust your grip. What type of lifts did you do, or which ones aggravate it the most?

As far as gloves go... who cares what other people think? If it improves your workout, then do it. Fat gripz might help too, and they would also strengthen your forearm.
    I'd agree with Concat that it's just light bruising. When you grip weights, make sure you're not pinching the pads of your palm between the weight and your fingers. Try to put the weight in the crease between your fingers and palm.

hardgains is not very well liked. (-100) hardgains is not very well liked. (-100) hardgains is not very well liked. (-100) hardgains is not very well liked. (-100) hardgains is not very well liked. (-100) hardgains is not very well liked. (-100) hardgains is not very well liked. (-100) hardgains is not very well liked. (-100) hardgains is not very well liked. (-100) hardgains is not very well liked. (-100) hardgains is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by cgoudy View Post
    I'd agree with Concat that it's just light bruising. When you grip weights, make sure you're not pinching the pads of your palm between the weight and your fingers. Try to put the weight in the crease between your fingers and palm.
    Dont grip the weight too hard.. focus on the target muscle

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Check your grip. But, plenty of women at my gym wear gloves. You do what's good for you.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChelseaJo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone! It mostly hurts when using the lat pulldown. I may be gripping too hard. And I'm sure having the hands of a 12 year old doesn't help!

athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ChelseaJo7 View Post
    Thanks everyone! It mostly hurts when using the lat pulldown. I may be gripping too hard. And I'm sure having the hands of a 12 year old doesn't help!
    you'll be fine. my hands still get sore from time to time. your body isnt used to the weight/force involved.

GL on your goal.
    -Speed Kills, Strength Punishes-

Go hard for those that can go no more.- G Diesel

The future will soon be a thing of the past- George Carlin

I'm not into working out. My philosophy is no pain, no pain.- George Carlin

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.- Arnold

Working to weigh under 200 lbs.

DavidEdwardes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidEdwardes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidEdwardes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidEdwardes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidEdwardes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidEdwardes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidEdwardes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidEdwardes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidEdwardes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This also happens to me. Though I just keep working out despite getting calluses on my hands everyday. There are quite a few reasons why you should just keep working out without the gloves. I never use gloves because not only would they mess up my workouts but they would also kill my grip strength, which means it can only be disadvantageous when I really need my grip strength without the gloves in real life. Furthermore, you would have a difficult time trying to get used to do the same workouts you did with the gloves on when you do them without the gloves on.
    Originally Posted by ChelseaJo7 View Post
    I am new to this whole site and this is my first post. I'm just using it to keep myself motivated to lose weight, not body build.

In the last week, when I have been lifting weights the palms of my hands have been hurting. I have gotten calluses in the past and am starting to again, but its more in the muscles. And usually only on my left hand. I'm not lifting too much weight.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I thought about getting gloves but I'm pretty sure I'd be the only girl at the gym using them :/ Any other ideas of how to stop the pain?

Thanks
    Bench Press 505 Ib
    Squat 855 Ib
    Deadlift 855 Ib

2215 Ib Total

Six Secrets to Success
    1. Trust yourself
    2. Break the rules
    3. Don't be afraid to fail
    4. Ignore those who doubt you
    5. Work your ass off
    6. Give something back

Patsy2800 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe get some cheapie gloves and see if it fixes the problem.....
    I don't buy into the "gloves weaken your grip" idea. I have an old injured finger/hand and without gloves, I've got nothing but pain - with, I'm increasing weight lifted regularly...
    I tried grip exercises, but they just make me want to cry because of the finger pain...
    In the case of being the only girl wearing them - who cares!!! Do what you need to do to achieve what you want...

jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Like others said, sounds like your hands just aren't used to it yet. Give it a few more sessions.

Gloves could be a short term option, but when I used them, I found it severely impacted my grip. I know some people look down on them but whatever works for you.