Caro1826 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny fat girl, need some help!

Alright, so I've diagnosed myself skinny fat. I used to be super thin when I was younger, almost too thin. I took advantage of my fast metabolism and pretty much ate whatever I wanted eventually leading to my 'skinny-fatness' (since I've drastically changed my eating habits for the better). Right now I'm 5"9 and 118lbs, I have a small frame so I look very thin in clothes. However, I'm able to grab fat off my love handles, arms and thighs.. what perplexes me is that although I have visible fat you can see my hip bones, ribs, spine, I have knobby knees... from what I understand the best approach is to lift and lift heavy but all the gyms in my area don't let anyone under 16 in and I'm a year too young to be let it. I've thought about taking up p90x or something similar, would this help or would I be wasting my time? Any better suggestions or tips?
    Thanks!

TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think you are exagerating about your fat. I think you are very skinny at that height and weight. You can do p90x but if you are exagerating about your fat it wont help you much as it is mainly a fat loss thing.

You need to do weight training to replace the fat with muscle. If you are a girl you would probably want to do squats, deadlifts, hamstring curls, and abs in that order every other day, and eat at 250 calories over your maitenance calories, build up some muscle mass for a few months, then cut down to a lower body fat. That is the ideal skinny fat strategy

dplikesturtles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dplikesturtles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dplikesturtles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dplikesturtles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dplikesturtles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dplikesturtles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dplikesturtles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dplikesturtles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dplikesturtles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dplikesturtles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dplikesturtles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5'9", 118 lbs

don't change pls
    even crips and bloods mix better than reflex deluxe whey

slash8915 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My girlfriend is 5'9" 140, and she looks fine. Granted, she's 22, but still... There's NO WAY you're "Skinny fat".

RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    People are 'skinny fat' because they have very little muscle and just ordinary levels of body fat. You will need to eat in a caloric surplus and do heavy weight training to build up muscle, then cut down while lifting to lose body fat.

dacotahd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dacotahd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dacotahd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dacotahd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dacotahd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dacotahd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dacotahd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dacotahd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dacotahd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dacotahd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dacotahd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    the thread title is a contradiction, like starburst...
    P.S. all girls think they are fat and when you ask them what they eat they say
    "well I had a cupcake for breakfast.........and then i didn't eat lunch.....or dinner.....but I had 3 granola bars and a chocolate bar for dessert"

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    5'9 118lb girl being skinny fat?
    you sure you didn't write your weight incorrectly?

Anyways, with those stats you'd be more on the skinny side than anything.
    Can't you lift at school?

l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Spoon pics
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

**Forever Legend**

Competitions
    ( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º) ( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)

TMisc Bulking competition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152133453

( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º) ( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Thanks for the replies.

To answer some people, no I didn't write my weight wrong, I'm 118 and 5"9. I know I'm on the skinny end of things but sadly I'm on the skinny end of 'skinny-fat'. Just to give you all an idea I have a 23 inch waist (no complaints there) but right below I have 33inch love handles (they don't flop over my jeans or anything but in a bikini they're not the cutest). Also, no, I can't lift at school. They just have a normal gym, no weights or equipment

iMake is on a distinguished road. (+10) iMake is on a distinguished road. (+10) iMake is on a distinguished road. (+10) iMake is on a distinguished road. (+10) iMake is on a distinguished road. (+10) iMake is on a distinguished road. (+10) iMake is on a distinguished road. (+10) iMake is on a distinguished road. (+10) iMake is on a distinguished road. (+10) iMake is on a distinguished road. (+10) iMake is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by l2evolution View Post
    Spoon pics
    this

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Caro1826 View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

To answer some people, no I didn't write my weight wrong, I'm 118 and 5"9. I know I'm on the skinny end of things but sadly I'm on the skinny end of 'skinny-fat'. Just to give you all an idea I have a 23 inch waist (no complaints there) but right below I have 33inch love handles (they don't flop over my jeans or anything but in a bikini they're not the cutest). Also, no, I can't lift at school. They just have a normal gym, no weights or equipment
    I was just basing it on personal experience.
    Best friend is 5'6 107lbs which in terms of weight:height proportionality, your physique should be similar to hers.

How long until you turn 16?

SHaFeDuDe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SHaFeDuDe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SHaFeDuDe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SHaFeDuDe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SHaFeDuDe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SHaFeDuDe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SHaFeDuDe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SHaFeDuDe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SHaFeDuDe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SHaFeDuDe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SHaFeDuDe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    how about this, eat like hulk and get big. Once you get big lose weight. By big I mean muscular not huge lol srs.

zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey it just seems like your over analyzing your body in a not so healthy way. Are you eating healthy meals throughout the day? Or are you skipping meals then having junk food and justify it being ok. When you start skipping meals it actually does the opposite to your body-you store fat. It's a hard habit to brake but aim for adding in a healthy meal, ask your parents if they can get you whey protein this makes for amazing milkshake tasting drink that has no sugar and keeps you satisfied until you eat a meal. Ex.breakfast, shake, lunch, shake, dinner, shake. It's an easy way to get a meal in and eventually starts up your metabolism. You'll know when you wake up in the morning boney and hungry for breakfast! Yes P90x is a great program to do at home, I love TRX bands its an at home workout too workouts are challenging. Hope it helps, try to stay busy with school, and reading books, activities, sports, but stop obsessing over yourself it's destructive. May sound harsh but
    It's the only body you have so treat it right or you'll regret it later down the road, you won't be able to go back and redo what you did.
    ***You can do it! Don't give up and keep Pushing through***

Originally Posted by comps View Post
    I was just basing it on personal experience.
    Best friend is 5'6 107lbs which in terms of weight:height proportionality, your physique should be similar to hers.

How long until you turn 16?

A little under a year, I've been trying to do bodyweight stuff in the meantime but I'm such a little weakling it's horrible haha

Originally Posted by zarah View Post
    Hey it just seems like your over analyzing your body in a not so healthy way. Are you eating healthy meals throughout the day? Or are you skipping meals then having junk food and justify it being ok. When you start skipping meals it actually does the opposite to your body-you store fat. It's a hard habit to brake but aim for adding in a healthy meal, ask your parents if they can get you whey protein this makes for amazing milkshake tasting drink that has no sugar and keeps you satisfied until you eat a meal. Ex.breakfast, shake, lunch, shake, dinner, shake. It's an easy way to get a meal in and eventually starts up your metabolism. You'll know when you wake up in the morning boney and hungry for breakfast! Yes P90x is a great program to do at home, I love TRX bands its an at home workout too workouts are challenging. Hope it helps, try to stay busy with school, and reading books, activities, sports, but stop obsessing over yourself it's destructive. May sound harsh but
    It's the only body you have so treat it right or you'll regret it later down the road, you won't be able to go back and redo what you did.
    Definitely know I'm over analyzing a BIT (I'm a girl, it's only normal, right?) but I do still have a considerable amount of fat for my height and weight. I don't eat poorly anymore. I eat (what I would consider to be) very well. I rarely miss a meal and I also use whey protein and do have a TRX, I only bought it a month or so ago so I'm a total noob at it but I'm trying !

muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not even 16 and your taller than me least I weight more lolz (hardly )