l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How's this for a cutting diet? HELP!

Hey guys! I decided it's time to start cutting. I'm currently on a 300-400 calorie surplus (eating 7-8 times/day, consuming around 3400-3500 cals). I'm planning to be on around 500 cals/day deficit. My goal is to cut as much fat as possible while keeping muscle loss at minimum. I currently stand at 200 lbs (not sure about the bf%, should be around maybe 14-15% but doesn't really matter currently). My cutting diet's going to consist of 278g of protein, 176g carbs, 71g fats (25g saturated) aaand around 2500 cals a day. And here's my exact diet if you're going to bother reading thru it:

Breakfast:
    50g oats
    2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites

Snack:
    A can of tuna (what can I substitute this one with, since I can't eat tuna every day?)
    1 slice of whole wheat bread

Lunch:
    130g of Chicken Breast
    200g Spinach

Snack:
    100g Tofu (???)

PWO:
    1 litre of full fat milk - I know I'll get mixed reactions here, but I don't think milk is going to be an issue as long as it fits my caloric and macronutrient needs. What do you think???

Lunch:
    130g of Chicken Breast
    200g Spinach

Pre-bed:
    400 plain yoghurt mixed with 150-200g of nonfat cottage cheese.

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!!! I really really need advice since this is going to be the first time I really "cut". Last time it was mostly weight loss, i.e. I didn't try to preserve muscle (wasn't serious about working out before losing weight).

DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Meal timing does not matter. You can continue to eat 7-8 small meals a day or you can eat one big one. Timing is irrelevent. Look to eat 1g of protien for each pound of lean body mass and .5 grams of fats (preferably good polyunsaturated and monounsaturated) per pound of lean body mass. The rest of you daily calories can be filled with more protein, carbs and fats. If you do this, there wont be much, if any, muscle loss.

Stay in your calorie deficit. That is how you lose weight and cut.

What you eat isnt all that important either. I am cutting and it has been working fantastic with me having some fast food, ice cream, and other things most people would say not to eat. It matters more for health reasons. If you hit your macros you are fine. Dont deprive yourself of things you love because others may see it wrong to eat them. The chance of falling off the wagon during a cut increases dramatically, for me at least, when I try to cut out all of the yummy, familiar items I love out of my diet all together. Moderation is the key.

Hit your macros, work hard at the gym, stay in a deficit..........PROFIT!!!

Good luck bud.
    "I hate it when people say "Don't be so hard on yourself." Why not be hard on yourself? Be as hard on yourself as you can. Maybe just maybe it will get you up off your ass and help you accomplish a goal. If not, your weakness has won." ~ ME

"There are no easy fixes in life. No magic beans. No Genie of the Lamp to wish yourself skinny. It takes hard work and dedication. Why don't people understand that?" ~ ME

QUIT SPOUTING BRO SCIENCE BRAH!!!! UGGGGGGGGGG

Brutal skin thinning igglesphan's Avatar
    igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^Good post. I agree with everything BUT there's no reason to avoid saturated fats.

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It looks rather boring. No offense. Are you going to eat like that every single day of your cut?

I don't know why you would do this on a cut so I ask, why so much full fat milk a day? Not knocking you, just asking.

bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi guy,
    You don't need to have THAT high of protein.....You will lose weight just by burning more calories than what your taking in regardless of a high to low amount of protein intake.My only addition is that you could bring your protein down some.

l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) l0ngb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    While I was bulking I ate something "yummy" here and there (probably once a week), so I'm kind of used to it.

Also, I'm used to being on a "boring" diet, lol . I'm okay with it, and no, I don't think I'm going to eat like that every single day of my cut, I'll substitute some foods with other which are kind of equivalent.

As for the milk, I'm kind of on a budget and since milk is relatively cheap I decided to keep it in my diet (I drank a litre of full fat milk throughout my bulk).

P.S. I'm okay with you guys criticizing my diet, that's why I posted a thread in the first place! (referring to MrM27's "not knocking you, just asking" ) )

Hi guy,
    You don't need to have THAT high of protein.....You will lose weight just by burning more calories than what your taking in regardless of a high to low amount of protein intake.My only addition is that you could bring your protein down some.
    I'm really afraid of losing muscle mass, lol.

bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bmillah788 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yea man according to your avi you look good man I just wouldn't consume that much protein.

DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by igglesphan View Post
    ^^^Good post. I agree with everything BUT there's no reason to avoid saturated fats.
    I was thinking transfats. Missed the ball completely on that one. Thanks.

Reps
    "I hate it when people say "Don't be so hard on yourself." Why not be hard on yourself? Be as hard on yourself as you can. Maybe just maybe it will get you up off your ass and help you accomplish a goal. If not, your weakness has won." ~ ME

"There are no easy fixes in life. No magic beans. No Genie of the Lamp to wish yourself skinny. It takes hard work and dedication. Why don't people understand that?" ~ ME

QUIT SPOUTING BRO SCIENCE BRAH!!!! UGGGGGGGGGG