Closed Thread
    hansomreiste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Recovery Training? (Especially About Soccer)

Hi all,

I am working as a "betting analyst" for a newspaper, which means I spend most of my time surfing on the internet looking for injury news of the teams I am writing about.

And, one thing I am amazed with is, the "recovery training" they do just 1 or 2 days after the game. What is this and how is this done? This recovery training is carried on by the players who were on the pitch, while the others train for something else.

What the hell can you do after a long 90 mins of work to "recover" yourself?

What is this "recovery training" carried on by "active" players?

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    instead of asking strangers on thr internet, why dont you actually make contact with these soccer players and ask them? lmao!

DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Still a little confused about what you are saying, but maybe I can help a little bit.

I played college soccer and just finished my last year. After we played a game, the next day we would start off with film. Then we hit the pitch and the players that played a majority of the game, say 60+ minutes, had a recovery day. They start out with the team warmup with everyone, then we would get our brazilian balls (smaller sized balls about size 1) and our practice balls and just pass and juggle. We did a lot of easy and low intensity passing and juggling stuff. This is to keep up loose, help get rid of some of the lactic acid in our legs, and a chance to focus on getting more comfortable with the ball and work on some technical stuff.

On the other hand, the rest of the team went for a half field game. Usually would play 45 min or 60 min. Sometimes losers would have some extra fitness at the end. Nothing too hard, but helps them get some extra fitness, and lets our coach look at some players in positions and can help some of the guys get some playing time if they play well enough.

So does this kind of answer your question? Like I said, i wasn't 100% sure what you were asking. And obviously, this is different from school to school, and different from professionals. We usually played fridays and sundays, so we only had 1 day inbetween a majority of the time. So this is just one outlook.

let me know if you have any other questions. I kind of answered from a college soccer stand point, rather than a more general standpoint.

Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500) Canadienbakon is not very helpful. (-500)
    Just as DeadlyStriker said.

I am a college soccer player.. On my team, the training session the day after a game is always a "recovery" session for the players who played 90 minutes, and a hard session for the players who did not play.

Recovery session, just as DeadlyStriker said, typically consists of a long, light warm-up followed by a long stretching session. The remainder of the session will be strictly low intensity drills or games (juggling, 5v2 possession, soccer tennis). The goal of these drills is to get the blood flowing in the legs again, aiding in removing lactic acid and circulating blood through the muscles. There is NOTHING strenuous in the session.

Our team also will do low level activities and stretching in the pool on recovery days.

It is amazing how much better the muscles recover following a recovery session compared to if the day was taken off.

hansomreiste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    instead of asking strangers on thr internet, why dont you actually make contact with these soccer players and ask them? lmao!
    LOL, I guess you know nothing about betting analysis or journalism. There are 30 countries to write about and they will send me to a country and 20 cities every 3 days, only to ask players if they are injured or not? This is a "bodybuilding" forum and I ask for help of other people as I should do. That's not "asking strangers on the web".

DeadlyStriker & Canadienbakon, that was the answer I was looking for, exactly. Thanks a lot.