28josh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

help on what supplements to buy(confused)?

Hello there sorry if I have posted in the wrong section I know some of you don't like that but I am new to all this.i am looking to buy some supplements but there are some many different ones it confuses me, I am looking for a weight gaining and also a muscle recovery to help me work out.

I have been looking at a few but I am not to sure what they do,I am about 5 11 and weight 10 half stone.
    I have looking at critical mass nutrition,usn pure protein,usn 100% whey protein,usn muscle fuel sts,muscle fuel mass,muscle fuel anabolic,mutant mass I was wondering what they do and is there other help full tips you can help me out with.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You don't need to consume any of those processed fast foods that are marketed as supplements.

My suggestion: consume a rational diet that meets your energy and micro/macronutrient needs, preferably derived in the (vast) majority from whole and minimally processed foods.

If for some reason your diet is deficient and you can't fix said diet, consider specific supplements to cure such deficiencies.

DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 28josh View Post
    Hello there sorry if I have posted in the wrong section I know some of you don't like that but I am new to all this.i am looking to buy some supplements but there are some many different ones it confuses me, I am looking for a weight gaining and also a muscle recovery to help me work out.

I have been looking at a few but I am not to sure what they do,I am about 5 11 and weight 10 half stone.
    I have looking at critical mass nutrition,usn pure protein,usn 100% whey protein,usn muscle fuel sts,muscle fuel mass,muscle fuel anabolic,mutant mass I was wondering what they do and is there other help full tips you can help me out with.
    I would advise looking at the stickies first, to ensure your diet is in order before you go spending money on supplements.

If then you are struggling with your protein intake, I'd go for a whey protein. Apart from that you shouldn't need anything.

moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As mentioned. Read the Stickies.

Then build your nutrition around your goals (gain in your case so eat above your TDEE).

Supplements are more hype than anything.
    Follow me on an enchanting adventure (My Log):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153543271

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    critical mass nutrition,usn pure protein,usn 100% whey protein,usn muscle fuel sts,muscle fuel mass,muscle fuel anabolic,mutant mass I was wondering what they do ....
    What they "do" is drain your wallet. You don't need any of ^^^^this stuff.

What you need is plenty of this:

Read the stickies at the top of this forum.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ShaneWalshEire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaneWalshEire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaneWalshEire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaneWalshEire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaneWalshEire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaneWalshEire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaneWalshEire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaneWalshEire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaneWalshEire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaneWalshEire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaneWalshEire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recommend a good quality Whey Protein (ON 100% Gold Standard) the USN stuff is expensive but does work well. I bought the 5lb tub of ON 100% today for €50 which is good for Ireland.

Stay away from weight gainers unless you are a hard gainer and need the extra calories. I did try a mass gainer before and used the one from USN which was half price but only lasted for 1 week.

Try to plan a good diet consisting of good foods before you splash the cash on supplements. You can check out the stickies for more information.

Hope this helps.

ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're 19, bro. You're good lol
    With the T levels I had at 19, I was still able to get away with McDonalds 6 times a day and tear apart anything I walked into lol
    Enjoy while you can
    “I’m not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.” - Machiavelli

“If the mind is willing, the flesh could go on and on without many things" - Sun Tzu

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor

I'll kick your neck off martoch's Avatar
    martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ObiJuanK View Post
    ^ This...don't bother with any supplements, young padawan. Do what the other guys said and balance your diet and get your protein from killing wildebeests.

kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your 19. Eat and lift. The basics won't hurt ( multi, fish oil, whey ). They don't make " muscles in a bottle " that you can buy. Takes a lot of work and dedication. Take full advantage of being 19

Originally Posted by DanMee View Post
    I would advise looking at the stickies first, to ensure your diet is in order before you go spending money on supplements.

If then you are struggling with your protein intake, I'd go for a whey protein. Apart from that you shouldn't need anything.
    Thanks for the replys I Am going on a diet for bulking and also just lifting at home for the moment with a jog every day.but I was just wondering what any of them help is well or should I leave it until I get more into it.i would love to just put on weight quickly but I understand it don't all ways work like that,so I take it weight gainer,fuel mass,muscle fuel ect.. Is a waste of time then thanks josh

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    What they "do" is drain your wallet. You don't need any of ^^

Hello there mate I understand that a lot of meat,fish,carbs ect.. Will do it but is there any supplements that will be a good little extra to help speed things up thanks josh
    Last edited by 28josh; 03-06-2013 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Wrong spelling

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Hello there mate I understand that a lot of meat,fish,carbs ect.. Will do it but is there any supplements that will be a good little extra to help speed things up thanks josh
    No.

Nothing over and above eating to your daily requirement of calories and macros every day, and training like every workout is your last one on Earth will prod Mother Nature into stepping up the process of building muscle/strength.

It's all about the basics, and the shortest path to the goal is a straight line.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Raw Nats 2014 comeatmebro DDon1996's Avatar
    DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    What they "do" is drain your wallet. You don't need any of ^^^^this stuff.

What you need is plenty of this:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HOQE4.gif[/MG]

C'mon, THAT?

New Yorks... Not even once.

Originally Posted by ObiJuanK View Post
    With the T levels I had at 19, I was still able to get away with McDonalds 6 times a day and tear apart anything I walked into lol
    Enjoy while you can
    Your T levels are higher now at 25 than they were at 19.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159714881&p=1213186101

PowerliftingtoWIN.com

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

-- Paracelsus

jessyToo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessyToo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would personally invest first in a good book on the topic. You are far better off and will get far more results for your money.
    Moreover you'll then know what supplements are worth the money
    Certified Fitness Nutrition Coach
    Books for Bodybuilding: www.books-for-bodybuilding.info
    Free Bodybuilding Tool: www.bodymanagementprogram.com