RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up Back Revolution inversion machine review

I already preferred the back revolution to my previous inversion tables. It is nice not to hang by your ankles and its less stress on the knees (really none on the back revolution). It also takes up alot less space than even a folding inversion table when they are open, about the same when closed, 7 sq ft (since the folding tables have to be angled on a wall when folded or its unbalanced and will fall foward).

Since you are hanging from your thighs/legs instead of ankles its a much more comfortable affair. The maker of the back revolution I spoke to on the phone and he stated inversion tables are actually bad for your back but I never had any discomfort but some that tried mine did. Don't know what to make of his claim, but there it is.

Things I didn't like about their original version: (I did like the handle covers)

Not height adjustable (just a max setting). This made it a little unbalanced since I'm only 5'8''.
    Can't use the newer plastic foot plate on the older version. Won't fit. I verifed this.
    Rubber feet kept coming off since it was just rubber that was sticky on one side.

Things that were upgraded on the newer revision I like: (I don't like the handle covers)

Height adjustable pad with pop pin. At the highest setting its even higher than the max setting on the older version.
    The plastic foot plate. Makes it easier to get on and off the machine.
    Rubber feet actually screwed into the base, can't come off.

They basically upgraded what was wrong with the original version to make the machine just about perfect. Since I can adjust the newer one lower to my height, there is less room for side situps but I can just adjust it higher, which the foot plate will still make it easier to get into position and off the machine.

I really enjoy using it before I workout and when I am done to stretch and decompress. Not worth $460 new but if you can find it used (Bought the newer version for $150) its definitely worth it!

New upgraded version

Older original version

Video review of both:

Touched on this in the video, but didn't show it. Little touches like this show a company that revised their product to make it better. Alot better to have the rubber plates screwed in instead of sticky rubber on the older version, they often came off sliding it across the carpet (it would be in the way of a closet door unless I slid it into position when used)
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've wanted one of these since reading about it in Beyond Brawn. They spring up on ebay every so often for pennies as most people have never heard of them but I've never had one come up locally.

Its alway good to see companies improving thier products, nice review, I'll catch you when I'm off spread.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah I think it was a worthwhile upgrade. The older version has the screw holes for the lower handles, and they would be $50 to purchase, so it was really only $20 more to upgrade to the newer version and it had a foot plate. A no brainer for me really. I believe the older version had a foot plate but since the bases are slightly different thats why the newer one will not fit, and they don't sell the older version foot plate anymore. I'm sure something with wood can be made to work the same and I was going to do that, but this was just easier. The older version does have grip tape on the base for the feet, but the newer one does not, so it was probably intended to only be used with the foot plate. I find its better with the foot plate so that was a good choice on the makers of the back revolution.

Just hope the old one sells soon .

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post

Just hope the old one sells soon .
    Rename it the 'AB Revolution' and some muppet will snap it up for twice what you paid.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Rename it the 'AB Revolution' and some muppet will snap it up for twice what you paid.
    lol maybe i should. i have it listed at 20 more than i paid for it. 100. hmm .

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just so happens I scored one of these older models for free from a buddy who I helped move and set up another piece of gear. The Back Revolution came as part of the deal, and my buddy didn't want it. It sat, unused, in his garage for a year until he asked me to pick it up next time I went to the dump. He'd offered it to me right when we originally brought it to his home, but I didn't really believe he was serious about me taking it then.

I picked it up, but I installed it in my basement gym. I couldn't be happier with it -- except that I need to make a wooden platform for it to get out of it easily by myself. Mine's in great shape, and it's kept my back nice and loose ever since I began using it. Ordinarily, I'll use it on days I squat or deadlift; but I'll also use it after a session of shoveling snow. The Back Revolution makes it easy for my wife to manipulate my back. It's really been a lifesaver. It's become an integral part of my gym that I won't do without.

I got so excited about the machine that I forgot: Nice review. My measly reps are coming your way -- after I spread some reps around.
    Last edited by KeithTheSnake; 03-07-2013 at 04:17 PM.

any photos of yours keith with the stand?

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    any photos of yours keith with the stand?
    Haven't gotten around to building the stand yet. I'll build it with nominal 3/4" decking across a frame made of 2x6 to follow the rough dimensions of the stand that comes with the newer version. Will be glad to post up some pics when done.