simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Nutrition Certification?

I have been debating on whether or not to get certified in nutrition, as I know I have a lot to learn on the subject. I am signing up to get my PT cert through ACE, though my focus is really on gaining knowledge. I plan to use it more for writing fitness articles, and possibly coaching down the line.

I've been looking at Precision Nutrition and the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Anyone have any experience with either of these?

Precision Nutrition has open enrollment NOW. If I don't sign up now, I would have to wait until September to sign up again...but I'm not sure if it would be too much on top of studying for ACE. I'm also not sure if it's the right option over IIN....

Any input would be great! Thank you!

OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I hear great things about PN. You're prob the best at knowing if you cant handle both loads of material. Some things I would consider: How far out is your ACE exam scheduled? Do you have room/time to cross study?

I was gonna register for PN but with work, night classes, and trying to pick up a second job I knew it wouldn't work for me right now. I did how ever go thru the free 5 day info vids and packets so Ill live off that for now. goodluck!
    Health, Wealth, and Knowledge Itself.

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #3 -!!!---!!!-

simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplyfitmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OhSoFocus View Post
    I hear great things about PN. You're prob the best at knowing if you cant handle both loads of material. Some things I would consider: How far out is your ACE exam scheduled? Do you have room/time to cross study?

I was gonna register for PN but with work, night classes, and trying to pick up a second job I knew it wouldn't work for me right now. I did how ever go thru the free 5 day info vids and packets so Ill live off that for now. goodluck!
    Thanks!

DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hope you don't mind simplyfitmom, but I'm Bumping this, because I'm also looking to get the precision nutrition cert.

Would be interested on people's thoughts on whether its worth it? Will it allow me to legally write meal plans for clients if I'm based in NZ? And are there any better certs out there?

Thanks.
    Imperare sibi maximum imperium est.

*WetBreasts is gonna make it crew*

Reps on sight:

RetroTiger
    KyleAaron

Originally Posted by DamNative View Post
    Hope you don't mind simplyfitmom, but I'm Bumping this, because I'm also looking to get the precision nutrition cert.

Would be interested on people's thoughts on whether its worth it? Will it allow me to legally write meal plans for clients if I'm based in NZ? And are there any better certs out there?

Thanks.
    No problem! Hopefully we'll get some answers!!!

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The more nutrition courses you can take the better. A cert in nutrition is good to have.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.