Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100)

Protein/supplements affecting liver?

Hey all, while taking some routine blood work for sport my past 2 tests have indicated that my liver blood chem. levels are a bit outta wack - mainly AST and ALT (45 and 30 U/L respectively) where the max is (35 and 30). Also my 'Urea' levels where 8.6 (max is 7mmol/l) but i have no idea what this is. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions or something?

I'd have 1 protein shake ~ 30g every second day. Recently been taking 20g casein each night. I'm 17, eat mostly natural and healthy foods, don't drink excessively or regularly. I do have a high intake of caffeine if that might be a factor, many days it'd be 200-400mg over the course of the day.. not everyday?
    Supplements i have taken before during blood tests:
    - Fish oil 2.5g (EPA + DHA) daily
    - Green Tea extract 2g/day (500mg pill 45% Egcg)
    - Bcaas
    - Creatine
    - Beta alanine
    - Occasional pre when really needed

Blood work:

JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    That don't seem like a lot to me, other ppl take like 2-4 scoops a day. Do u drink enough water. If u bodybuild, or any other sport, u get dehydrated, and need to drink lots of water even on days u don't workout. I drink a gallon errday. Try gettin in half a Gallon a day and slowly work ur way to a gallon, if u don't already drink any of those amounts

JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JoshuaB93 View Post
    That don't seem like a lot to me, other ppl take like 2-4 scoops a day. Do u drink enough water. If u bodybuild, or any other sport, u get dehydrated, and need to drink lots of water even on days u don't workout. I drink a gallon errday. Try gettin in half a Gallon a day and slowly work ur way to a gallon, if u don't already drink any of those amounts

How much creatine do u take a day?

henrywilkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henrywilkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henrywilkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henrywilkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henrywilkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I completely agree with JoshuaB93!! If you drink plenty of water and just take two scoops per day its more than enough to meet your daily requirements. (Protein content varies from supplement to supplement)

I'm 100% sure that you wont suffer with the issue stated above.
    Whether you think you can or Whether you think you can't..

You 're Right!!

Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100) Djjordie is not very well liked. (-100)
    i'd say around 2-4L (.5-1 gallon) per day at the moment. Just fill a bottle up and refill few times during school, drink with every meal out of habit.

How much creatine do u take a day?
    5-10g half of the time i'd take 5g pre and 5g post.

Originally Posted by henrywilkins View Post
    I completely agree with JoshuaB93!! If you drink plenty of water and just take two scoops per day its more than enough to meet your daily requirements. (Protein content varies from supplement to supplement)

I'm 100% sure that you wont suffer with the issue stated above.
    Okay, would you have any ideas on the elevated AST or ALT levels?

Maybe i could try cycling supps out for 2 months and get another blood test to determine if it is the issue.. What supps would you suggest cycling out that may be causing liver toxicity?

monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    why on earth would you take 10 grams of creatine.... you never ever ever need more than 5 grams and therefore should not take more than 5 grams
    Strive for progress, not perfection.

Current log-
    Ansi Nutrition Xtreme Shock Sponsored Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155621053&p=1105840553#post1105840553

ErgoGenix Sponsored ErgoStack Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152260913

MuscleTech Sponsored Review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152495813&p=1038742873#post1038742873

Originally Posted by monkeybutter View Post
    why on earth would you take 10 grams of creatine.... you never ever ever need more than 5 grams and therefore should not take more than 5 grams
    Fair enuf but i dont think it correlates to the toxic levels in my liver :S

longest name on teh misc SammmyChannnnnn's Avatar
    SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000)
    - 1 gallon of water a day isn't enough. Drink at least 1.5 gallons.

- Take only 5g of creatine a day. That's all you need.

No supplements destroy your body.
    (Unless of course you overdose on supps like creatine)

Only bad diets do.

Originally Posted by monkeybutter View Post
    Try gradually increasing ur water to a gallon ESPECIALLY since u take so much creatine. An cut back in creatine, to like 5g. 10g is pushing it...ur young u dint need to be using too many supps. I just try eating a lot, some whey, fish oil and a multi. Sure it takes longer but its worth it.