Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User mandy2929's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Age: 30
    Stats: 153 lbs
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    mandy2929 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit mandy2929's BodySpace
    mandy2929 is offline

    Fat loss & Protein powder

    Hi All,
    I was 160 lbs when I started hitting the gym before a month.M<y present weight is 150 lbs.

    I am hitting gym mainly to reduce my belly fat.My body is not lean, not muscular.I just have medium body with small fat deposits overall the body and lot of belly fat.

    My primary goal is to burn the belly fat and then add some muscle to my body.

    I have been working out regularly from 1 month following some workout plan and I lost about 10 lbs but I can see very less change in my belly size.I am being on diet too and I don't take any kind of supplements. All the proteins and nutrition that I get are from whole food.

    I know that belly fat is the one which goes last from the body and I am ok to continue working out.

    As I mentioned, I also want to add very little muscle through out the body and I thought I should have whey protein powder after the work out so that I will gain some muscle mass.

    Presently,I drink lot of water immediately after workout and then have my food in 40 to 50 min.

    My query is that,Do I have to concentrate on loosing the belly fat completely and then try for gaining little body mass by consuming protein powder or Should I Start having the protein powder from now?

    I don't bother even if I don't gain muscle mass but my main aim is to reduce the belly fat.


    Please suggest.Thanks in advance.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    STFU and train Jasonk282's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Wiley Ford, West Virginia, United States
    Stats: 5'9", 173 lbs
    Posts: 20,689
    Rep Power: 15176
    Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Jasonk282's BodySpace
    Jasonk282 is offline
    your problem is you have no muscle mass to begin with, you you'll always think you're fat.
    With this shield or on it.

    USMC 99-06, 11-
    1st RECON Bn 99-02
    3/1 03-06
    4th LAR 11-
    OIF 03,04,05,06

    8x8 log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146846153
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User mandy2929's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Age: 30
    Stats: 153 lbs
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    mandy2929 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit mandy2929's BodySpace
    mandy2929 is offline
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    your problem is you have no muscle mass to begin with, you you'll always think you're fat.
    I have considerable amount of belly fat which bulges out and gives a weird look.Can you please let me know what you suggest me to do?
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Banned SkydogGinsberg's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Stats: 5'9", 174 lbs
    Posts: 3,355
    Rep Power: 0
    SkydogGinsberg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SkydogGinsberg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SkydogGinsberg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SkydogGinsberg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SkydogGinsberg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SkydogGinsberg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SkydogGinsberg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SkydogGinsberg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SkydogGinsberg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SkydogGinsberg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SkydogGinsberg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SkydogGinsberg's BodySpace
    SkydogGinsberg is offline
    Originally Posted by mandy2929 View Post
    As I mentioned, I also want to add very little muscle through out the body and I thought I should have whey protein powder after the work out so that I will gain some muscle mass.

    My query is that,Do I have to concentrate on loosing the belly fat completely and then try for gaining little body mass by consuming protein powder or Should I Start having the protein powder from now?
    Whey itself, isn't going to affect your composition -- it's not a "miracle grow" powder that creates muscle mass. To manage your body fat, go to the Nutrition forum, sort out your calorie requirements per the macro calculation sticky, and eat at a slight deficit. Continue weight training.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Md, Misc, Old-Brah SillieBazzillie's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: Maryland, United States
    Stats: 6'1", 210 lbs
    Posts: 1,095
    Rep Power: 2243
    SillieBazzillie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SillieBazzillie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SillieBazzillie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SillieBazzillie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SillieBazzillie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SillieBazzillie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SillieBazzillie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SillieBazzillie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SillieBazzillie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SillieBazzillie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SillieBazzillie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SillieBazzillie's BodySpace
    SillieBazzillie is offline
    Originally Posted by mandy2929 View Post
    Hi All,
    I was 160 lbs when I started hitting the gym before a month.M<y present weight is 150 lbs.

    I am hitting gym mainly to reduce my belly fat.My body is not lean, not muscular.I just have medium body with small fat deposits overall the body and lot of belly fat.

    My primary goal is to burn the belly fat and then add some muscle to my body.

    I have been working out regularly from 1 month following some workout plan and I lost about 10 lbs but I can see very less change in my belly size.I am being on diet too and I don't take any kind of supplements. All the proteins and nutrition that I get are from whole food.

    I know that belly fat is the one which goes last from the body and I am ok to continue working out.

    As I mentioned, I also want to add very little muscle through out the body and I thought I should have whey protein powder after the work out so that I will gain some muscle mass.

    Presently,I drink lot of water immediately after workout and then have my food in 40 to 50 min.

    My query is that,Do I have to concentrate on loosing the belly fat completely and then try for gaining little body mass by consuming protein powder or Should I Start having the protein powder from now?

    I don't bother even if I don't gain muscle mass but my main aim is to reduce the belly fat.


    Please suggest.Thanks in advance.
    In my opinion, as a beginner you should take things a step at a time. First thing is to get your diet straight. You should feel comfortable that you have a reasonable calorie deficit (in order to lose weight) with sufficient nutrition (if you're eating "clean" this should already be the case). Your workout should tie into this equation and should be a combo of cardio and weight training. Both burn calories and provide multiple other benefits. Plus the variety in your workouts will help you maintain interest. Once you've lost as much fat (and muscle you'll lose that too but if you lift heavy you can minimize this somewhat), then you can start adding back calories and worrying more about protein and supplements and the like in order to maximize muscle gain (if that's what you want). It takes time to lose weight so be patient. You'll also find that most people lose weight at different degrees in different parts of their bodies. You may have to get pretty lose to lose your belly, but if you keep up a consistent, reasonable, calorie deficit you'll get there. Good Luck!
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    STFU and train Jasonk282's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Wiley Ford, West Virginia, United States
    Stats: 5'9", 173 lbs
    Posts: 20,689
    Rep Power: 15176
    Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jasonk282 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Jasonk282's BodySpace
    Jasonk282 is offline
    Originally Posted by mandy2929 View Post
    I have considerable amount of belly fat which bulges out and gives a weird look.Can you please let me know what you suggest me to do?
    suck it it...
    With this shield or on it.

    USMC 99-06, 11-
    1st RECON Bn 99-02
    3/1 03-06
    4th LAR 11-
    OIF 03,04,05,06

    8x8 log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146846153
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User LozFed's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Stats: 6'2", 176 lbs
    Posts: 85
    Rep Power: 0
    LozFed is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LozFed is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LozFed is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LozFed is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LozFed is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LozFed is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LozFed is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LozFed is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LozFed is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LozFed is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LozFed is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit LozFed's BodySpace
    LozFed is offline
    Have you ever stopped having chicken or eggs while losing fat? Protein is just protein, as long as you don't overdo your macros you're fine it doesn't make a difference.
    Train insane or remain the same
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Pyro's Christmas weight loss
    By Pyrodog783 in forum Losing Fat Logs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 11:37 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 12:35 PM
  3. Brian's Fat-Loss Journal
    By BJW in forum Losing Fat
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 05:05 PM
  4. Melting Point / Stimulant X / AMP Log by DawnMarie
    By DawnMarie in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 373
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 09:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout