Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iitwiistedz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need advice on to bulk or cut (pics)

Hello i need advice on to bulk or cut as i can see im quite skinny all over apart from the lower back lower stomach and arse area i have tried bulking for one month but i have seem some alright muscle gain but i have gained more fat in these areas should i just cut for 6 weeks try lose 6 pounds of fat then bulk ? any guess on body fat percentage aswell ?

Height 5 ft 11
    Weight 11 stone 6 pounds - 160 poundsside.jpgback.jpgfront.jpgside.jpgback.jpgfront.jpg

Dingblok is just really nice. (+1000) Dingblok is just really nice. (+1000) Dingblok is just really nice. (+1000) Dingblok is just really nice. (+1000) Dingblok is just really nice. (+1000) Dingblok is just really nice. (+1000) Dingblok is just really nice. (+1000) Dingblok is just really nice. (+1000) Dingblok is just really nice. (+1000) Dingblok is just really nice. (+1000) Dingblok is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have you been lifting? As in following a program?Play any sports? What's your level of activity?

Bulk, you need to count calories too. If you are putting on too much weight and fat then you are eating too much and/or not right. Must eat high protein, the other macros are up for debate. Try 40/40/20.
    6' 165
    6:40 2k
    I'm not big and Idgaf. I barely lift. I'm also not sure why I'm on this site.

Originally Posted by Dingblok View Post
    Have you been lifting? As in following a program?Play any sports? What's your level of activity?

Bulk, you need to count calories too. If you are putting on too much weight and fat then you are eating too much and/or not right. Must eat high protein, the other macros are up for debate. Try 40/40/20.
    yer i have been lifting for 3 months but only had diet sorted for 1 month and thats were i started to see some muscle put on.. i lift abou 4-5 times a week and i also play soccor/football 3 times a week.... I dont mind the fat gain but i just look like a fat arse in clothes more looking to just even out my posture and try getter bigger shoulders... if i was to eat high protien lift heavy and do some cardio will it all start to fall into place ?

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bulkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Originally Posted by comps View Post
    bulkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    How long for? would you say thats a good platform to start a bulk on aswell because wont to try keep fat gains low as possible.what would you say my body fat was aswell?

eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

If you are skinny and want to bulk, few things should be kept in mind:

- Eat a LOT: do the maths and check the calories you need to eat for a caloric surplus (300-500 calories above your maintenance level is ideal)
    - You need carbs, proteins and some fat. A 40/40/20 diet is "standard", not bad.
    - Eat the right food if you are doing lean gains ("clean bulk"), not too much fat, complex carbs and lots of protein are essential.
    - No carbs at night, you don't want it to turn into fat.
    - Cardio is good for general health, but not too much for now.
    - Supplementation is great for you, specially if you're an ecto; pretrain ones help you a lot during the lifting and for mass gain, whey protein is a must after working out.

Those hints are the basics, I advise you to do some more research about your diet, supplementation and your workout program.
    Also, don't expect results in 1 or 2 months - just train as hard as you can with proper diet and supplementation - you'll see great progress after 6 months, just don't give up.

GL.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by iitwiistedz View Post
    How long for? would you say thats a good platform to start a bulk on aswell because wont to try keep fat gains low as possible.what would you say my body fat was aswell?
    I started at 5'11 154lbs and bulked to 192-194lbs.
    took me about 13 months (A few months of recomping)

bulk @ .5lbs/week if you're worry about fat gains.
    your bf% is probably around 13-14%.

Originally Posted by eckerTT View Post

- Eat a LOT: do the maths and check the calories you need to eat for a caloric surplus (300-500 calories above your maintenance level is ideal)
    - You need carbs, proteins and some fat. A 40/40/20 diet is "standard", not bad.
    - Eat the right food if you are doing lean gains ("clean bulk"), not too much fat, complex carbs and lots of protein are essential.
    - Supplementation is great for you, specially if you're an ecto; pretrain ones help you a lot during the lifting and for mass gain, whey protein is a must after working out.

Those hints are the basics, I advise you to do some more research about your diet, supplementation and your workout program.
    Also, don't expect results in 1 or 2 months - just train as hard as you can with proper diet and supplementation - you'll see great progress after 6 months, just don't give up.

GL.
    Thanks for the advice. what would you say about my bodyfat perctanage what does it look like in my pics ? personally i think im 15-16

cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

GL.
    gtfo of bb.com
    My Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168625533

Bench: 225x5 (tng) | 250x1 (paused)
    Squat: 275x10 | 335x1
    Deadlift: 315x8 | 365x5 | 455x1 (all deadstop)

Originally Posted by comps View Post
    I started at 5'11 154lbs and bulked to 192-194lbs.
    took me about 13 months (A few months of recomping)

bulk @ .5lbs/week if you're worry about fat gains.
    your bf% is probably around 13-14%.
    Thanks for the advice brahhh

Pounendis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

GL.
    Strong broscience.

For leangains eat a little above maintenance, aiming for probably 1-2lb or weight gain a month.

Eat at least around 0.7 * body weight worth of protein. If you weight 150lbs try to get in at least 120gm of protein, if not aim even higher.

Eating carbs before bed does not make you fat. Notsureifsrs. However, if you have alot of high GI carbs, you might suppress the GH spike while you sleep due to the insulin spike, but it probably wouldn't have a large effect.

Cardio is good to do when bulking. It gives you the endurance and cardiovascular capacity to go 100% in your lifts, which many people may lack. All you need to do is insure that you eat more food to take into account the calories you burnt off during cardio.

Supplements are defiantly not necessary, but can help if you are finding it hard to get the amount of protein/calories you require to bulk. If you find you can bulk easy, a supplement is probably not needed if you can easily get enough protein and calories in your diet. If you are worried that you "need" the dat protein in your body straight after your workout, eat a preworkout meal 2-3 hours before your workout constituting some meat (chicken, beef et) or eggs. By the time you finish working out all the protein will be flowing through blood.

I'd also strongly advise getting a good grip on compound exercises. Deadlifts, squats and bench press are amazing for both strength and mass gain. Nothing should replace these and they should be the basis of your workouts.

Do some research man, you'll be all good. Good luck.

SebastianSD is not very well liked. (-100) SebastianSD is not very well liked. (-100) SebastianSD is not very well liked. (-100) SebastianSD is not very well liked. (-100) SebastianSD is not very well liked. (-100) SebastianSD is not very well liked. (-100) SebastianSD is not very well liked. (-100) SebastianSD is not very well liked. (-100) SebastianSD is not very well liked. (-100) SebastianSD is not very well liked. (-100) SebastianSD is not very well liked. (-100)
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllkkkkkk

Originally Posted by SebastianSD View Post
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllkkkkkk
    Thanks for the advice what would you say my body fat pertenage is ?

Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you cut, I'd love to see the after pics lol, there would be nothing left. Definitely bulk my friend
    See what I take for energy during workouts and who sponsors the physique freak!
    My sponsor http://www.trychampionenergy.com/#!nicholas-dirasian/cxl0
    Free motivation and advice! Instagram - nick_dirasian

Originally Posted by Michigan722 View Post
    If you cut, I'd love to see the after pics lol, there would be nothing left. Definitely bulk my friend
    Thanks for the advice man should i not worry about the fat areas left on me ? and what would you say my body fat is about ?

Gaate is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gaate is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gaate is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gaate is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gaate is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gaate is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gaate is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gaate is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gaate is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gaate is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gaate is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you haven't been lifting, NO MATTER WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE, your first move is to bulk, always. You need a base of strength to start with, it will make cutting much easier.

Also, what I always tell people beginning, don't worry about bf% or counting calories/supps. for the time being. IMHO these are the things you should shoot for in the order they will be most helpfull.

1) GET IN THE GYM. As much as you can, should aim for 6 days a week if on a 3 day split (which is what I have found works for me.)

2) Get the form right. Don't worry about the weight for a while. If your form is bad the weight doesn't even matter.

3) Eat when your not full, and eat good food.
    Max Lifts
    Squat: 365
    Bench: 295
    Power Clean: 225

Mile Time: 5:15
    5k Time: 18:52

Originally Posted by Gaate View Post
    If you haven't been lifting, NO MATTER WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE, your first move is to bulk, always. You need a base of strength to start with, it will make cutting much easier.
    Thanks for advice dude going to start my bulk today for 3 months see how it goes

MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100)
    Don't always look at bulking as building size and fat, why not try the approach of getting lean gains? Instead of putting on fat and having to work to get it off wouldn't it seem best to just put on quality size? At least for me this is what I choose to do. No matter what up your caloric intake and listen to your body. If you dont recover as quickly as u use to your body needs more protein, if you find you are lazy you need some rice as well protein source. I believe someone mentioned 40:40:20 that is a good place to start but make sure it is quality food you are putting in. You will notice body builders besides getting protein they are looking to get a lot of veggies in their body. Bulk for howeverlong it takes you to reach your goal, then just maintain Hope this can help.

Originally Posted by MikeBergin View Post
    Don't always look at bulking as building size and fat, why not try the approach of getting lean gains? Instead of putting on fat and having to work to get it off wouldn't it seem best to just put on quality size? At least for me this is what I choose to do. No matter what up your caloric intake and listen to your body. If you dont recover as quickly as u use to your body needs more protein, if you find you are lazy you need some rice as well protein source. I believe someone mentioned 40:40:20 that is a good place to start but make sure it is quality food you are putting in. You will notice body builders besides getting protein they are looking to get a lot of veggies in their body. Bulk for howeverlong it takes you to reach your goal, then just maintain Hope this can help.
    That was my plan to try put lean gains on with trying to reduce fats gains. Thanks for the advice man. I use to be over weight 190 pounds 25+ body fat its just the last bits of fat which i hate like lower back and glute area but im going to bulk anyway and try get a bigger upper body to balance it out

What would use say my body fat% would be round about guys?

Registered User christianecoach's Avatar
    christianecoach is not very well liked. (-100) christianecoach is not very well liked. (-100) christianecoach is not very well liked. (-100) christianecoach is not very well liked. (-100) christianecoach is not very well liked. (-100) christianecoach is not very well liked. (-100) christianecoach is not very well liked. (-100) christianecoach is not very well liked. (-100) christianecoach is not very well liked. (-100) christianecoach is not very well liked. (-100) christianecoach is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hi,

The following 3 skinny guy tips will show you how to bulk up fast.

Reduce The Amount Of Isolation Exercises You Do

As I always recommend to skinny guys who are looking at how to bulk up fast, compound exercises are much better than isolation exercises for gaining mass and building muscle quickly.

Now, don't get me wrong...isolation exercises do have their place, but they are simply an inefficient way to build multiple muscle groups at the same time, since they focus or "isolate" certain muscles. This is why you'll often hear guys say "Monday is Chest Day, Tuesday is Legs Day, Wednesday is Arms Day, etc..."

Skinny guys who try to use isolation exercises to bulk up fast, end up making these common mistakes:

- They train each muscle group only once or twice per week

- They spend too much time in the gym

- They end up working out every day and overtraining, thus reducing their body's recovery ability.

If you want to know how to bulk up fast, stick to compound exercises like Squats, Chest Press, Barbell Curls, Dips, Bent Over Rows and the like, and incorporate them into 3 full-body workouts per week, lasting between 45 minutes to an hour.

Give 110% in your workouts and you won't be able to manage more than that.

Increase Calorie Consumption MASSIVELY

Insufficient calorie intake is one of the biggest reasons skinny guys fail in their attempts to bulk up fast.

According to nutritionists, an average male should consume around 2,500 calories per day. However, if you're looking at how to bulk up fast and build muscle mass, then you should be consuming at least another 1,000 on top of this.

These calories should be quality calories from sources like lean meats, eggs, beans, pulses, oatmeal, and plenty of vegetables. Split them between 5-6 meals per day and reduce your saturated and processed fats in order to bulk up fast.

Harness Your Natural Growth Hormones

Growth hormones have become synonymous with pill-popping, needle-using extreme bodybuilders, and have a bad reputation.

While this kind of behaviour is rightly condemned, there is a way that skinny guys can harness their own natural growth hormone without resorting to dodgy pills and potions.

Our own bodies supply us with a natural growth hormone which is anabolic in nature and helps us to build muscle and bulk up. This growth hormone is secreted particularly when we are asleep, especially when we reach deep sleep, and provides us with the ability to repair and strengthen our muscles.

For this reason, plenty of good quality sleep is essential for the skinny guy who is looking at how to bulk up fast.

In the same way, avoiding stress and lack of sleep is important, since this makes the body produces Cortisol which is a catabolic hormone, and takes essential nutrients away from the muscles causing them to lose mass or hamper their growth.

Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    slowly gain lean mass

Originally Posted by Billbasch View Post
    slowly gain lean mass
    Thanks for the advice man on average how much weight should i gain each month ? and what would you say my body fat% is about?

eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eckerTT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by iitwiistedz View Post
    Thanks for the advice. what would you say about my bodyfat perctanage what does it look like in my pics ? personally i think im 15-16
    Hard to say, those pictures aren't in a good size to tell, but I'd guess 12% or 14% max.

Originally Posted by cjl14 View Post
    gtfo of bb.com
    I'm an endomorph and what made me above weight was the carbs, since I ate it a LOT, specially at night.
    Imagine a LOT of rice and beans at lunch, and a LOT of rice and beans at night, of course I ate some chicken meat or ham, too. Every ****ing day.
    No rice and beans? Then I just ate LOTS of potatoes. And the other stupid full-of-carbs **** like white bread and some chocolate/candy I used to eat.
    That's why I hate carbs at night. I know he won't get fat just because of carbs at night, but shall not overdo it, like I did.

BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you feel you are skinny, then bulk! =]

fkyeahlucas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly putting on fat should be the last thing on your mind, just worry about bulking up. There is 0 reason for you to cut my friend.

Bulk like there is no tomorrow, and when tomorrow comes just repeat first step
    Good luck!

afranc03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If youre in it for the long run, BULK the f*** up
    It will be worth it brotha. If you are worried about the bf percentage, then bulk clean at .5 pound gain per week. Naturally as your lean mass rises, the BF will lower somewhat. After a year or so you should cut. Bulk clean, train hard man!

Thanks for all the advice guys i started my bulk yesterday and im keeping it up for 3 months to see how it goes.

Any Rough Guesses On My Body Fat % ?

Mouley is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mouley is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mouley is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mouley is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mouley is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mouley is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mouley is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mouley is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mouley is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mouley is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mouley is on a distinguished road. (+10)

GL.
    Why are you telling him not to eat carbs at night? He needs as much food as I possible. Carbs will not turn to fat at night!!
    Also clean bulking is not eating the right foods, it is just a phrase used for eating 500cals above maintenance or below.
    So stop giving out ridiculous advice and OP just eat at a calorie surplus and try to progressively overload every week.