bjjgal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bjjgal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bjjgal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bjjgal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bjjgal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bjjgal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bjjgal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bjjgal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bjjgal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bjjgal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bjjgal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Am I doing it right? (Calculating Calorie Needs)

I'm trying to figure out for the first time how many calories I should be taking in daily instead of just guesstimating, but I'm rather confused... me being a female and all and about 4 inches shorter than my brother, supposedly I should be taking in only 500 calories less than him (based on the calculation below)...

Am I calculating everything correctly?

Katch-McArdle: BMR = 370 + (21.6 x LBM)Where LBM = [total weight (kg) x (100 - bodyfat %)]/100
    using my data, I get this:
    = 370 + (21.6 x LBM) where LBM = [63 kg x (100 - 18)]/100
    = 1485.856

so based on that I'm guessing I'm "moderately" active, so I multiply by 1.5 and get:

So, once again... being female and 4 inches shorter than my brother (whose maintenance calories should be around 2700), does 2200 calories daily sound about right for maintenance? I'm currently taking in ~1200 and I believe I've hit my fatloss plateau...

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by bjjgal; 03-01-2013 at 08:25 PM.

MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Female and height have nothing to do with it. Are you calculating your body fat percentage correctly?

And you have hit a plateau because you are not eating enough.
    ♫♪♫♪ Down and out with my dumb friends, ready to misbehave ♫♪♫♪
    Forget about Monday to Friday, 'cause I've been working like a slave
    Creepin' towards the weekend, ready and able to shine
    Bringing me down to the deep end, back off, back off!
    ♫♪♫♪And let me lose my mind! ♫♪♫♪

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    2200 - 2300 sounds about right. You need to get there and stay there for a while.

You do realize that starving your body is not healthy right? I hope you do realize that and that people here are not going to help you become "super stick thin" because its not healthy.

Whatever is driving you to do this to your body should be dealt with by professionals. I hope you are able to up the calories and be at peace with your body.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    2200 - 2300 sounds about right. You need to get there and stay there for a while.

You do realize that starving your body is not healthy right? I hope you do realize that and that people here are not going to help you become "super stick thin" because its not healthy.

Whatever is driving you to do this to your body should be dealt with by professionals. I hope you are able to up the calories and be at peace with your body.

Couldn't have said that any better. When people on here want to achieve 'fat loss' it's usually to reduce the body fat gained following a bulk in order to see the muscle definition they have bulked and trained so hard for NOT to be super thin. This really worries me that your being so aggressive with your body. Faddy diets that celebs go on to 'be super skinny' really annoy me- these 500-1200 cal ranges they go on is so dangerous for the body and yeah maybe you'll lose loads of weight quickly but you can't maintain it especially in a healthy way and 90% of people that do these ridiculous diets put their weight back on. If your aiming to be super skinny and that's it. your on the wrong websire. Nobody here will advise you to be unhealthy or eat a tiny amount to lose weight. It doesn't work like that. Please change your way of thinking and gain knowledge about why cals are so important and why our bodies need a balanced nutritional diet.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh by the way, really not meant to.