mar710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

do squats make your hips bigger? please help

A trainer told me not to do squats because it will make your hips wider. I am not sure what to believe because i see all of these perfect looking women that have small hips and bodies doing squats.Can someone shine some light on this subject.

ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any trainer that tells you not to do the king of exercises is a poorly educated trainer. Squats will make you look better.

Just do squats. ALWAYS squat.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mar710 View Post
    A trainer told me not to do squats because it will make your hips wider. I am not sure what to believe because i see all of these perfect looking women that have small hips and bodies doing squats.Can someone shine some light on this subject.
    The squat will make everything bigger - thighs, waist, hips (proportionately). You won't turn into a freak if you start squatting regularly, if that was your concern. Arnold used to squat heavy and hard, but he never had a 'wide waist'.

LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That trainer is an idiot.
    College Football Training Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152135513

Maxs:
    Barbell Bench Press - 295 lbs
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Squats will give your butt and legs a better shape and proportion to each other. It is a key exercise for anyone. You can bet that a woman with a gross flat butt probably doesn't do squats.
    Experience, not just theory

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I suggest you change your trainer, or train by yourself. We are more than happy to help you. But seriously drop this idiot lol.
    Squats will make your butt and legs look Better.

darfnate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darfnate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darfnate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darfnate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darfnate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darfnate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darfnate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darfnate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darfnate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darfnate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea this trainer is a jackass. Squats definitely don't make you thicker in the hips other than a nice butt and legs.

thanks everyone i will start doing squats asap! trainer fired!

naturaldry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it makes everything bigger in a better way as stronger.
    NaturalDry Carpet Cleaning Las Vegas
    http://www.naturaldry.com

KingSerok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're aiming to have the typical Hollywood look, then there are trainers specifically for that purpose and they emphasis not to Squat and Dead-lift... If that is YOUR goal too, then your trainer is right.

However, if your aim is to look great as well as increase strength, then Squat is the winner.

It all depends on your goal. I'd never exclude Squat personally.
    Last edited by KingSerok; 03-04-2013 at 08:27 PM.

TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What has this world come to when a trainer tells someone not to do squats?
    Feb 1, 2013 (started getting serious)/Current maxes at bw of 156-162lbs

Bench 205x3 (went back up about two inches before touching chest)/300
    Squat 230x5 (half squat)/350 (below parallel)
    Deadlift 185x5/475

Cutting [ ]
    Bulking [ X ]
    Workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159776261&p=1197756951#post1197756951

i still have weight to lose but i did squats for the first time tonight and i am sooooo weak in that area my overall goal is to keep losing weight and gain muscle to be lean and stronger. i will never be hollywood i just want to look good in a bikini if i want to wear one. I really appriciate all the advise thank you

brookewest45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    squats is really effective but when you doing squats wear booty wow which help to make butt bigger fast.