Has Muscle Dysmorphia!!!! jonnyb's Avatar
    jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is there too much fat in the yogurt I'm eating?

I bought the non-fat type of yogurt by mistake. It has

164 calories
    6.4 grams of protein
    4 grams of fat
    36grams of carbs

I eat about 4 of them per day.

Also, what's the daily fat intake formula? age times fat times weight..... i have no clue

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool Re: Is there too much fat in the yogurt I'm eating?

Originally posted by jonnyb
    I bought the non-fat type of yogurt by mistake. It has

164 calories
    6.4 grams of protein
    4 grams of fat
    36grams of carbs

I eat about 4 of them per day.

Also, what's the daily fat intake formula? age times fat times weight..... i have no clue
    Try and cut that serving of yogurt to 1 a day max. And of course, see if you can get the reduced fat version next time

Fat intake is usually based on weight and goals. Some people use a percentage as a guideline, say no more than 20% of total daily intake.

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's not that there is too much fat. 6.4 grams of protein is VERY little protein per serving, and it is almost not worth eating for that reason alone. And with 36g carbs per serving I'm sure it is loaded with sugar to sweeten it, and these sugars are just as bad or even worse than fat. The nutritional ratios of that yogurt is bad overall, especially with all the sugars it has. That yogurt definitely isn't bodybuilding food. If you must eat yogurt get the sugar free kind, but it still won't be giving you good protein.

Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000)
    I consider yogurt a carb. There are way more carbs in it than anything else. If you are trying to get dairy protein, try lowfat cottage cheese instead.

PS: I agree that only 20% of your calories should come from fat.
    Always learning.

SigEp2001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I ususally eat half 2/3 a cup of non fat low sugar plain yanilla yogurt. It comes out to 280 calories and 10g of protein. I eat this with 4 or 5 egg whites and 1 yolk. The meal comes out to around 300 calories with 30 grams of protein. I buy it in a big tub that way I can just measure out the 2/3 a cup.

BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Tim
    It's not that there is too much fat. 6.4 grams of protein is VERY little protein per serving, and it is almost not worth eating for that reason alone. And with 36g carbs per serving I'm sure it is loaded with sugar to sweeten it, and these sugars are just as bad or even worse than fat. The nutritional ratios of that yogurt is bad overall, especially with all the sugars it has. That yogurt definitely isn't bodybuilding food. If you must eat yogurt get the sugar free kind, but it still won't be giving you good protein.
    Especially bad when you combine the two (fats and sugars).
    I'm back. For good.

papayamon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heh. i'd say scarf them down and buy the fat free, no added sugar version next time. i love yogurt and i eat it a lot. it's good for you in a lot of ways.