JimmyWalt1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Trying hard to lose weight! My day to day routine..

So im new here, thought id start by writing a post and getting some feedback from some more experienced members. My aim is to lose weight, and get ripped (thats probably a cliche saying on this website). So im 5 foot 11 inches, 20 years old and 85kg.

My diet is pretty much the same on a daily basis, and this is it:
    Breakfast - 4 egg whites
    Meal 1 - 1 chicken breast, cup of brocolli and 1/3 cup of brown rice
    Meal 2 - 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of brocolli and a slice of wholemeal bread
    Meal 3 - 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of mixed vegetables and 1/2 a cup of brown rice.

Thats generally what it is, obviously I vary from chicken (because everyone knows how boring it gets when its all you're eating) to salmon, tuna and turkey.

I work out 5 times a week, weight lifting a specific area followed by 30 minutes running. Then potentially on one or two of the days I do more cardio, spending 30 minutes on a treadmill, 30 minutes on a bike and then 10-15 minutes on a cross-trainer.

Supplement wise, I take one tablet of Rocket Fuel when I wake up, followed by my pre-workout of 2 scoops of craze, and a post-workout of one scoop whey protein. I also take one serving of Animal PAK multivitamin daily (except the huuuuge tablets, anyone whos taken this before will realise how big they are)

I dont know my body fat % at present, but at a guess I'd estimate 20%. As previously mentioned, photos will follow.

Ive been on this training regime for 9 days now, and have completely given up smoking since day 1 of the gym too. Any comments, feedback, or constructive criticism is greatly appreciated, thanks.

armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Need some fat in there, I don't see any of it, and it is essential. Everything else looks pretty good, assuming you are staying in a caloric deficit.

Also....that seems like a lot of training. More isn't always better, and I imagine your motivation levels cratering eventually.

JimmyWalt1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by armyguy29 View Post
    Need some fat in there, I don't see any of it, and it is essential. Everything else looks pretty good, assuming you are staying in a caloric deficit.

Also....that seems like a lot of training. More isn't always better, and I imagine your motivation levels cratering eventually.
    What would you say is a good fat to add, and how much? My motivation levels genuinely dont decrease, I just spent 8 months hitting the gym everyday in Australia, minus the good eating, and could see great results. The only down side was going to travel Thailand after where its 50pence for a main course meal. When all you do is drink and eat, you put it straight back on!

armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armyguy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    everybodys motivation levels will decrease. It's not something that only happens to weak people. If it works for you, then obviously keep doing it. But if you're lifting heavy (and I mean, real lifting) and then doing a 30 minute run 5 times a week, and you're motivation levels are strong every day, then you're probably not lifting intensely enough. I'd cut the running down (or out). What's going to matter is your diet, nt your cardio.

You need to figure out you're macros. For someone your size you're going to want to take in about 80 grams of fats per day. Doesn't really matter where you get them, except obviously polyunsaturate and monounsaturated (the good fats) are better then saturated. Definitely get a fish oil supplement. Flaxseed oil is also a good source of good fats. Leave the yolks in your eggs too.That'll account for 20 grams of fat right there.

Registered Offender gabrielsyler's Avatar
    gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Spend a few hours using the search function and reading the nutrition sections. U will learn loads

John_Mora has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First, you need essential fat to lose fat. Second, try to eat more than 3 meal/day, 4 - 5 should be better, youll keep your metabolism in the same lever eating more small meal than 3 normal meal. What is your maintenance calories / day?
    #CrossFit Athlete
    #Nutritionist Certified
    #Elite Fitness

smul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by John_Mora View Post
    First, you need essential fat to lose fat. Second, try to eat more than 3 meal/day, 4 - 5 should be better, youll keep your metabolism in the same lever eating more small meal than 3 normal meal. What is your maintenance calories / day?
    Wrong. Meal frequency is irrelevant. What matters most is you reach your target macros for the day. Doesn't matter if you get them in one meal or 18 as long as you get them. Divide it up by satiety tailored to YOUR preference meaning if you prefer 2 meals a day then do that.