AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Exercises for shoulders

Hello dudes,

Currently doing a push/pull routine (4 days a week).

For shoulders I do military presses on push days (3x8-12) and upright rows on pull days (3x8-12).

Do you think this is enough of a shoulder workout? (i assume the posterior delt gets hit enough with wide grip seated cable rows)

Cheers
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Gandhi

ISSA CFT

AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dat dere jump
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Gandhi

ISSA CFT

mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you happy with your shoulder development? If not, then try adding in exercises to better hit the various parts. Try side laterals, bent flyes, front raises, arnold presses, handstand push ups, etc... There are several things you could add to a shoulder workout.

Mine looks like:
    Standing military press superset with front raises
    Side lateral
    Arnold press superset with bent flyes

I do them on the same day as traps and do:
    Barbell shrugs
    DB shrugs

Originally Posted by mfpd00 View Post
    Are you happy with your shoulder development? If not, then try adding in exercises to better hit the various parts. Try side laterals, bent flyes, front raises, arnold presses, handstand push ups, etc... There are several things you could add to a shoulder workout.

Mine looks like:
    Standing military press superset with front raises
    Side lateral
    Arnold press superset with bent flyes

I do them on the same day as traps and do:
    Barbell shrugs
    DB shrugs
    Have just started my routine so i cant tell yet.

Please note that im doing a push/pull routine so theres not much space for isolation exercises. To give you a better idea my routine looks like this:

Push: all 3 x 8-12
    Squats
    Leg extensions
    Incline DB press
    Decline DB press
    Standing military press
    Decline DB tricep extensions
    Calf press

Pull: all 3 x 8-12
    SLDLs
    Leg curls
    Lat pulldowns
    Seated wide grip cable rows
    Upright rows
    DB bicep curls
    Ab twists/leg pullins

ISSA CFT

Jump squat

ISSA CFT

C'mon dudes!

ISSA CFT

mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AntonisD View Post
    Have just started my routine so i cant tell yet.

Please note that im doing a push/pull routine so theres not much space for isolation exercises. To give you a better idea my routine looks like this:

Push: all 3 x 8-12
    Squats
    Leg extensions
    Incline DB press
    Decline DB press-->BB flat bench press
    Standing military press
    Decline DB tricep extensions
    Calf press

Pull: all 3 x 8-12
    SLDLs
    Leg curls
    Lat pulldowns-->Pull-ups
    Seated wide grip cable rows-->Bent-over row
    Upright rows
    DB bicep curls
    Sit-ups/leg pullins
    You're getting plenty of work on delts with your pressing exercises. The upright row will take care of your side delts and the bent-over row you'll hit your rear delts fair. As you stated, you just started the routine, so, givie it some time to work. Shoulder development should be fine.

I would switch some of the exercises, though. Flat bench press is better than declines, these only limit your ROM anyway. Also, pull-ups are much better than the pulldowm machine alternative. If you can't do them by your own, then do them assisted and work your strengh up, they'll blast your lats. The bent-over row is also a better back builder than any rowing machine. Lastly, only "twist" your abs if you wanna increase waist (why would you want that anyway?), otherwise, no need for obliques, stick with weighted sit-ups.

Good overall push/pull btw.

Osgood54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello dudes,

For shoulders I do military presses on push days (3x8-12) and upright rows on pull days (3x8-12).

Do you think this is enough of a shoulder workout? (i assume the posterior delt gets hit enough with wide grip seated cable rows)

Cheers
    Hi you could try,
    Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press,Side Lateral Raises,Bent Over Rear Lateral Raises,
    If I had to choose one, I’d recommend going with standing cable side laterals. This is because cable side laterals keep the tension on the deltoid throughout the entire movement, whereas at the bottom of a dumbbell side lateral there is almost no tension on the shoulder at all.
    For the Bent Over Rear Lateral Raises the cables are probably a better choice as well
    Good luck, TRAIN WELL
    Check out my site : http://www.howmanycaloriesdoiburnrunning.com

Check out my site : http://www.howmanycaloriesdoiburnwalking.com

johndouglas78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mln86 View Post
    You're getting plenty of work on delts with your pressing exercises. The upright row will take care of your side delts and the bent-over row you'll hit your rear delts fair. As you stated, you just started the routine, so, givie it some time to work. Shoulder development should be fine.

I would switch some of the exercises, though. Flat bench press is better than declines, these only limit your ROM anyway. Also, pull-ups are much better than the pulldowm machine alternative. If you can't do them by your own, then do them assisted and work your strengh up, they'll blast your lats. The bent-over row is also a better back builder than any rowing machine. Lastly, only "twist" your abs if you wanna increase waist (why would you want that anyway?), otherwise, no need for obliques, stick with weighted sit-ups.

Yes, it's too much.

Osgood54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shoulder workout

Hello dudes,

Cheers
    Hi you could try,
    Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press,Side Lateral Raises,Bent Over Rear Lateral Raises,
    If I had to choose one, I’d recommend going with standing cable side laterals. This is because cable side laterals keep the tension on the deltoid throughout the entire movement, whereas at the bottom of a dumbbell side lateral there is almost no tension on the shoulder at all.
    For the Bent Over Rear Lateral Raises the cables are probably a better choice as well
    Good luck, TRAIN WELL
    Check out my site : http://www.howmanycaloriesdoiburnrunning.com

Check out my site : http://www.howmanycaloriesdoiburnwalking.com

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

This x 2! ^^

Thanks for the reply man, good advice!

ISSA CFT

TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100)
    My personal push/pull
    (push days)

Psh 1-
    TGU-1x3
    Hang clean-3x5
    Front squat-3x10
    1A DB bench-3x8
    Push press-3x5

Psh2-
    TGU-1x3
    Power clean-3x5
    Military press-3x10
    Incline bench-3x8
    Split squat or lunge-3x5

Just to show some reflection towards yours. I'd personally lose the upright rows and just add cleans.

Originally Posted by TakeEverything View Post
    My personal push/pull
    (push days)

Psh 1-
    TGU-1x3
    Hang clean-3x5
    Front squat-3x10
    1A DB bench-3x8
    Push press-3x5

Psh2-
    TGU-1x3
    Power clean-3x5
    Military press-3x10
    Incline bench-3x8
    Split squat or lunge-3x5

Just to show some reflection towards yours. I'd personally lose the upright rows and just add cleans.
    Not sure if srs...

ISSA CFT