nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting to take Beta-Alanine / recommendations ?

Hey guys,

I just bought a tub of pure Beta-Ala to take it PreWorkout as this comes cheaper to me

What would be your recommendations on the dosis etc?

On the tube it says 5 grams per day in two doses of 2,5 in the morning and before workout
    other sources differ from maximum 3 gr Pre to several mini-dosis around 0.8 gr over the day in order to avoid tingles
    bottomline: I am confused :P so I wondered whether you are able to help me out?

Thanks
    Please get friends with me on BodySpace / Follow my transformation

I wanna share as much knowledge / motivation / encouragement as possible
    Thank you for being there!

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Splitting up the doses will help reduce the feelings of of paraesthesia (tingling), so if you want to take 5 grams per day in two 2.5 gram doses, that would be just fine.

As for specifically timing the this supplement, recently a study was published that explored the effect of timing the ingestion of supplemental beta-alanine (BA) on muscle carnosine - basically taking BA either with meals or between meals. The study found that, similar to ehnacing creatine uptake during loading, when one supplements with BA, they can mazimize muscle carnosine levels (during the initial “loading” phase). This means that carbohydrate-and protein-induced insulin action can maximize muscle carnosine levels when supplementing with BA. See, Meal and Beta-Alanine Coingestion Enhances Muscle Carnosine Loading. Stegen S., et.al, Shock. 2013 Feb 22 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23439427

Of course, like with creatine, this makes zero difference to those who are in the maintenance phase, rather the initial period of supplementing.

Cliffs: don't worry about timing BA, but you can break the dose up to reduce tingles.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Splitting up the doses will help reduce the feelings of of paraesthesia (tingling), so if you want to take 5 grams per day in two 2.5 gram doses, that would be just fine.

As for specifically timing the this supplement, recently a study was published that explored the effect of timing the ingestion of supplemental beta-alanine (BA) on muscle carnosine - basically taking BA either with meals or between meals. The study found that, similar to ehnacing creatine uptake during loading, when one supplements with BA, they can mazimize muscle carnosine levels (during the initial “loading” phase). This means that carbohydrate-and protein-induced insulin action can maximize muscle carnosine levels when supplementing with BA. See, Meal and Beta-Alanine Coingestion Enhances Muscle Carnosine Loading. Stegen S., et.al, Shock. 2013 Feb 22 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23439427

Of course, like with creatine, this makes zero difference to those who are in the maintenance phase, rather the initial period of supplementing.

Cliffs: don't worry about timing BA, but you can break the dose up to reduce tingles.
    Listen to this guy for he'll lead you in the right direction
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes I heard about the tingle problem as well and that is why I am asking

I wont take the full dosis in the beginning because of that
    so you think that 2.5 gr wont produce too much tingles? Maybe I just will try this out

Has anybody heard something of this microdosing, like 5 times 1 gr over the day?
    Please get friends with me on BodySpace / Follow my transformation

I wanna share as much knowledge / motivation / encouragement as possible
    Thank you for being there!

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nickwannabe View Post
    Yes I heard about the tingle problem as well and that is why I am asking

I wont take the full dosis in the beginning because of that
    so you think that 2.5 gr wont produce too much tingles? Maybe I just will try this out

Has anybody heard something of this microdosing, like 5 times 1 gr over the day?
    Stop over complicating things man. Just take 1.5g 2x a day and be done with it. The dosing for BA is between 3-6g. If you have scooper that states each scoop is 2.5g take that 2x a day. BA tingles vary from person to person. Some get the tingles some don't.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441