Tigrita13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

on the verge of quitting...

Hey there!
    So, I need your support guys. Ive joined the local gym a month ago and go regularly to do my workout since. Cardio and circuit training both. Ive done some research, purchased supplements online, signed up for bodybuilding.com and changed my diet. Turns out I've only lost like 2-3kgs, im constantly tired and my motivation is on holidays on bora-bora without me.. the other day I wanted to give more on the elliptical than usual and I almost fainted..
    How can I change this in order to have more energy and fun working out and make the results more visible or am I just kinda overreacting?! It doesn't matter how much I sleep or how many coffees I have during the day or if I eat salat or junk food or whatever it's not changing anything.. I'm getting really frustrated especially because my boyfriend who wants to gain weight is already bigger and for him all works out fine.. I'm really on the verge of giving up so if any of you can gimme some good piece of advice or any other secrets to share then please go ahead. I'd really appreciate your support! Thanks! Xoxo

dusman is just really nice. (+1000) dusman is just really nice. (+1000) dusman is just really nice. (+1000) dusman is just really nice. (+1000) dusman is just really nice. (+1000) dusman is just really nice. (+1000) dusman is just really nice. (+1000) dusman is just really nice. (+1000) dusman is just really nice. (+1000) dusman is just really nice. (+1000) dusman is just really nice. (+1000)
    How about getting your blood work checked out? If you're constantly tired it could have smth. to do with an iron deficiency? At least this was the case for me - i also felt tired no matter how much i've slept, what i've eaten etc... My doc checked my blood work and i had a really bad iron deficiency so im currently taking iron pills to get that deficiency sorted out.

jvfranklin will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvfranklin will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvfranklin will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvfranklin will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvfranklin will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvfranklin will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvfranklin will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvfranklin will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvfranklin will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvfranklin will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvfranklin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you know what your maintenance level is for your calorie intake? If so, do you know how much of a deficit you're in?

I'm just guessing here, but another possible reason might be because you're hitting it too hard too soon. Gradually build up the intensity, so you're not killing yourself right off the bat. You're in this for the long term, right? Does it matter if it takes you 2 months to build up the intensity if you're going to be working out and staying in shape for the next 20-30 (or more) years? You're still a young whippersnapper so you've got plenty of miles on the odometer. Take it slow and steady so it becomes something you look forward to, instead of dreading. I guarantee you the payoff will be MUCH greater long-term, than trying to get-fit-quick.
    I squat in the curl rack

NLWMA2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NLWMA2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NLWMA2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NLWMA2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NLWMA2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NLWMA2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NLWMA2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NLWMA2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NLWMA2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NLWMA2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NLWMA2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all, don't compare yourself to your boyfriend or anyone else!
    You need to figure out your BMR. That's the amount of calories your body uses at rest, just to function. Then, you need to have an
    idea of your activity level (sedentary, moderate, intense, etc). When you calculate these, you can see how many calories you will need to
    have to fuel your workouts. Carbs are energy! You will never lose weight without proper nurtition, it just won't happen.
    For me, my BMR is around 1460 and I have a moderate activity level. So for me to lose weight and also fuel my workouts, I'm eating between 1400-1600 daily. (Actually, right now I'm on a short, 3-week cutting diet that has me closer to 1200-1400).
    Your diet should be high protein, good amount of fiber and a TON of water. It's extremely important to eliminate as much sugar as possible, and that includes all forms like table sugar, cake, sweetened cereals, etc. Keep it low fat, but get a healthy amount of the good fats.
    If you are lifting weights, you should try to get .7g of protein for every pound you weigh.
    I can tell you this, if you are not eating enough, you will not lose. It puts your body into shock, and in defense, your body will hold onto everything it can to survive. Also, not eating enough will deplete your energy, which makes it impossible to get a good workout in.

Only use the supplements necessary. Some of the pre-workouts can be really bad for you, it depends on your body. Everyone reacts to herbals in different ways. I'm using MusclePharm's Shred Matrix right now, but I can only handle 1/3 of the recommended dose. It's temporary, when the bottle is empty I'm done with that phase of cutting. I do use whey protein and also casein.

I hope this helps. Weight is lost by diet more than exercise. Create healthy habits that will last forever.

Nancy

syphinhex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tigrita13 View Post
    Hey there!
    So, I need your support guys. Ive joined the local gym a month ago and go regularly to do my workout since. Cardio and circuit training both. Ive done some research, purchased supplements online, signed up for bodybuilding.com and changed my diet. Turns out I've only lost like 2-3kgs, im constantly tired and my motivation is on holidays on bora-bora without me.. the other day I wanted to give more on the elliptical than usual and I almost fainted..
    How can I change this in order to have more energy and fun working out and make the results more visible or am I just kinda overreacting?! It doesn't matter how much I sleep or how many coffees I have during the day or if I eat salat or junk food or whatever it's not changing anything.. I'm getting really frustrated especially because my boyfriend who wants to gain weight is already bigger and for him all works out fine.. I'm really on the verge of giving up so if any of you can gimme some good piece of advice or any other secrets to share then please go ahead. I'd really appreciate your support! Thanks! Xoxo
    Well first off, you can't eat like a bird and work out like a bull. Food is energy and you require certain types of food to fuel your muscles, body, etc. Also I would just stay away from caffiene completley--artificial stimulants just teach you a dependancy on substances. Outside of that comparing yourself to someone else is demoralizing almost all of the time considering you're two different people, I have friends who can workout for a couple months and get cut again and I personally bulk up but can't get my arms to show much definition. You'll eventually get to where you need to be, don't worry--just keep in mind if you quit nothing will happen at all.

fitdragon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best advice I ever got was to track everything from nutrition to workouts. If something doesn't work than you can go back and see what needs to change instead of giving up in frustration.

Keep pushing through....you'll be fine.
    Hassan
    http://bellyfatdemolition.com/

steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Quit... temporarily. What I mean by this is if you are very, very tired, take 3 day break from the gym. This isn't an excuse to stay up late, and not get enough sleep, nor does it mean you can eat crap. Just kick the gym to the side for a few days and then get back to it. Another option, stop doing cardio for a week, and just do 30mins circuit training or however long you normally do it for. What is your exact schedule, though?

I ask because if you went from sedentary to a strenuous exercise regime it could deplete your energy stores, and your body cannot heal with how much much you are working it. Similarly, if you are doing 1 hr cardio and 30min of circuit training, you are doing way to much. If you are doing circuit training right, it's essentially cardio, so if I were you I would make my cuts to the cardio-only portion of your workout routine. You can gain muscle and at least boost your metabolism with your greater lean mass. However, cardio's effects are more in the moment and don't carry as readily to the rest of the week.

How much are you sleeping per night, if you are stubborn and do not want to adjust how much you are working out, I suggest getting an extra hour of sleep per night, in addition, you should be sleeping a minimum of 8 hrs, so get 9hrs of sleep for a few nights so your body can respond to the training stimulus and GROW.

It probably goes without saying, but make sure your diet is in check before wasting money on supps. I'd say protein and a multivitamin is very helpful regardless, but if you are getting into other supps like pre/post workout stuff and you don't have a relatively decent diet you are just wasting money.

Keep at it, and your muscle mass will increase, increasing your resting metabolism and will get your weight down. Focus on body composition, not body weight. Take progress pictures that are for your eyes only, take them monthly or bi-monthly to really gauge your results. The pictures will speak volumes more than the scale will. Your hard work will pay off, don't give up altogether and keep your head high!!!
    Follow me on Instagram: Steveo763

steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP must have quit. Figured the 1 post count was a little fishy anyhow.
    Follow me on Instagram: Steveo763

ridethektrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridethektrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridethektrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridethektrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridethektrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridethektrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridethektrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridethektrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridethektrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridethektrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridethektrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep on pushing op!

Registered User JohnDoughTrolly's Avatar
    JohnDoughTrolly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnDoughTrolly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnDoughTrolly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnDoughTrolly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnDoughTrolly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnDoughTrolly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    3 kilos in a month is like 2 pounds a week thats a pretty good rate for weight loss..

sistatek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sistatek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sistatek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sistatek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sistatek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sistatek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sistatek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sistatek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sistatek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sistatek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sistatek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Don't quit

Our biggest break downs come just before a Breakthrough. I agree with the other post about getting blood work. Low energy could be any thing from food allergies, mono to hepC or B. Keep it up. U will be talking about this day and how u broke through on someone else's post like I am now. Mine, by the way, was gluten intorance from going ham on whole grains. Good luck!
    Eat - Pray - Lift....Lady Z!

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sistatek View Post
    Our biggest break downs come just before a Breakthrough. I agree with the other post about getting blood work. Low energy could be any thing from food allergies, mono to hepC or B. Keep it up. U will be talking about this day and how u broke through on someone else's post like I am now. Mine, by the way, was gluten intorance from going ham on whole grains. Good luck!
    Good post. I'd add that low vitamin D could be a cause of it too. I know two people that had that problem and one of the symptoms is low energy and no desire to do anything.

Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Quitting a month in? That's good progress for a month.

If you're tired all the time take some astaxanthin...used to be tired all the time too.