LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Survey for my home gym equipment project

Wassup guys, i am designing a project for college and i need some guys to fill in a short survey for me.

Basically my idea is to create a power rack, with saftey mechinisms that will catch any weight that has fallen, but still being able to use free weights. Basically using mechinisms like seatbelts which is attached to cables that will stop the bar as it is dropped, meaning you can prevent any injuries and then rerack the bar after. It is not 100% complete but that is the general idea.

This is just an idea so that you can workout at home, but still be able to lift heavy and still use unrestricted movements.

So if you got any free time and can quickly fill this out it would be apprciated.

Edit: Also as i did not really make it clear, the mechinism would be included with a power rack also, hence the highish price. Also just an idea for a project i have to do

https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=lvB0HPlsCXmwtfNmzQmn-g
    Last edited by LachlanF; 02-28-2013 at 05:56 AM.
    222lb-160lb

Lifts:

DL - 120kg
    Squat - 105kg
    Bench - 72.5kg
    OHP - 52.5kg

Location: Birmingham, Westmidlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000)
    theres the free spotter that does pretty much that
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #4 -!!!---!!!-

LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by owasM View Post
    theres the free spotter that does pretty much that
    I know, but this is aimed at people that do not have anyone to spot them, or can not get any one to spot them.

Some times spotters are still not that safe, there are many vidoes of people dropping weights on themselves because te spotters could not catch them.

Its just for a project
    222lb-160lb

Lifts:

DL - 120kg
    Squat - 105kg
    Bench - 72.5kg
    OHP - 52.5kg

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are no options on that poll for those of us who already workout at home.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    There are no options on that poll for those of us who already workout at home.
    Just changed it, cheers.
    222lb-160lb

Lifts:

DL - 120kg
    Squat - 105kg
    Bench - 72.5kg
    OHP - 52.5kg

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LachlanF View Post
    I know, but this is aimed at people that do not have anyone to spot them, or can not get any one to spot them.

Some times spotters are still not that safe, there are many vidoes of people dropping weights on themselves because te spotters could not catch them.

Its just for a project

He's not talking about a having a person (or people) spot you for free...he's talking about a product called the "Free Spotter"

I can't believe I'm posting a link to Sherm's site...

http://www.shermworks.com/
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

He's not talking about a having a person (or people) spot you for free...he's talking about a product called the "Free Spotter"

Oh right. Also this is just an idea i have to use as part of a course, just wanted some feedback on the idea for my project
    222lb-160lb

Lifts:

DL - 120kg
    Squat - 105kg
    Bench - 72.5kg
    OHP - 52.5kg

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL.........And like the puppetmaster he has you doing his work while he is away. Sherm is a genius.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In before Sherm claims patent infringement.

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I understand this is for a project but it has already been made. It's called the ProSpot. You can check it out at prospotfitness.com

Of course you can always go the cheaper route with sherms unit as well. Or just do what almost everyone here does and set your safeties properly for safe lifting.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brb logging into my Mod account to neg you
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What a brilliant original idea - cant wait for your next project...!
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000)
    what is up with all the responses, he is just doing a school project not going to market. OP filled out the form for you.

Originally Posted by trimble006 View Post
    brb logging into my Mod account to neg you

To quote BloodType3R:

Neg me, sucker.
    *flips middle fingers*

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I should neg you for posting this, but I'm on spread for giving you good reps, so you'll get away with it this time .
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Used in a power rack this mechanism would provide marginal safety benefits. Mostly it would save your bar from falling too fast on the spotters and getting bent.

The best application of this product would be on a heavy duty half rack or single beam soloflex style setup that significantly reduced space use. A half rack using this wouldn't need a long base behind the uprights, only in front, because you could do away with re-racking the bar on uprights.

When you have a power rack, you already sacrificed 4x4' of space. Products like sherm's free spotter or something with more polish like prospot fusion need a new style of frame to take full advantage of them.

I was thinking people get these massive power racks with plate storage that take 4x7' of space. With a single upright and a flat 30" base in front you could keep your plate storage on this upright, throw on some monolift style hooks to keep the bar steady when loading weight and a cantilever at the top would hold your freespotterprospot contraption. 4x3' rack equivalent with plate storage!
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First off I do appreciate the publicity for my products. Thank you all.
    Detrus, I can't tell if you approve of the Free-Spotter, would approve of it if it had more "polish", or think that the best solution is a hanging "freespotterprospot contraption".

Anyway, some different points of view might help: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=140835521

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To quote BloodType3R:

Neg me, sucker.
    *flips middle fingers*

To quote Stasher1:

I tried, but I'm on spread.
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sherman View Post
    First off I do appreciate the publicity for my products. Thank you all.
    Detrus, I can't tell if you approve of the Free-Spotter, would approve of it if it had more "polish", or think that the best solution is a hanging "freespotterprospot contraption".

Anyway, some different points of view might help: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=140835521
    sarcasm detector broken?

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ive seen some people use wrapped chain loops around the top of the power rack.

You could try to make the chain adjustable maybe. But you are already in a power rack anyways...
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Cheers for the responses guys, and for filling it out, there were some good ideas aswel which i could add in to my project.
    222lb-160lb

Lifts:

DL - 120kg
    Squat - 105kg
    Bench - 72.5kg
    OHP - 52.5kg