WildLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beans v. Oatmeal in the morning, increasing calories

I usually wake up feeling famished and woozy and, for all practical purposes, retarded, too. Consequently I need simple food that's easy to prepare. I used to make oatmeal, but it takes too long to rehydrate. Lately I've been making beans, usually rinsed and steamed because I don't care for the goo. Anyway, I rarely see beans in the example diets here on BB dot com. Anything, for lack of a better word, wrong with beans, especially in the morning?

CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000)
    Beans are a great source of carbohydrates. They compare favorably to oats "fiber-wise", so go ahead and eat them.
    ...Not with uncertainty. Thus I Fight:not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into Subjection...
    1 Corinthians 9:26-27

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own. You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    which are the good beans to eat?
    Working on a better me.

CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000)
    I usually eat black, kidney,and pinto, but all beans are great. Lentils also rock.
    ...Not with uncertainty. Thus I Fight:not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into Subjection...
    1 Corinthians 9:26-27

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own. You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks!
    Working on a better me.

GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bush's Beans

Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm guessing baked beans are a no-no? They really don't seem too bad though, and real tasty.

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile Another thing about beans . . .

Put some rice, couscous, pasta, etc. w/ ur beans & u get a complete protein.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Beans are bigtime overrated. As was mentioned, beans + grains makes a complete protein. If however your eating eggs or a protein shake or something with breakfast then you dont need to worry. A complete protein + an incomplete is a complete obviously.

Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Woody72 View Post
    I'm guessing baked beans are a no-no? They really don't seem too bad though, and real tasty.
    a lot of baked beans have sugar and bacon and stuff in them so that would be up to you if u wanna eat that stuff
    My Journal :)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1410281

boyscouT for MOD in '07 baby!!!!

WildLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are the usual kidney, black and pinto beans to choose from at any supermarket, of course, but Whole Foods sells some less familiar varieties: aduki, white kidney, roman, soy and, if you're into them [I'm not], garbanzo. They also sell giant beans in the deli, though not dried or canned. This probably all sounds dreadfully boring, but when you're trying to stay on a diet, it helps to "change it up."
    I don't like eating canned food, but I think canned beans are better than dried. The dry beans are very inexpensive but they take a long, long time to cook -- you probably spend more on fuel than you save on product.

saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    iv recently goten into eating beans as well. I usualy mix black beans in with brown rice. im still looking for a good sauce to put on top. right now I don't put anything on it... its kinda plain

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    try garbonzo beans

TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by eLJaKo View Post
    Beans are bigtime overrated. As was mentioned, beans + grains makes a complete protein. If however your eating eggs or a protein shake or something with breakfast then you dont need to worry. A complete protein + an incomplete is a complete obviously.
    I don't understand...how are they overrated? If aything they are underrated

colubrid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colubrid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In general the darker the better. Some beans are packed with anthocyanins, The flavoniod antioxidant most prevalent in blueberries. Small red kidney beans rank first in antioxidants just ahead of bluberries. Of course they are packed with fiber and good for blood sugar control.
    Last edited by colubrid; 02-19-2007 at 03:32 AM.
    6'2"
    07/23/05 305LBS UK% BF (Quit drinking, started eating healthy and exercising)
    03/23/06 221LBS 27% BF
    06/14/06 205LBS 24% BF
    07/06/06 200LBS 23% BF
    08/06/06 200LBS 24% BF
    08/18/06 196LBS 21% BF

SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by saku View Post
    iv recently goten into eating beans as well. I usualy mix black beans in with brown rice. im still looking for a good sauce to put on top. right now I don't put anything on it... its kinda plain
    I do the exact same thing, except I add a chicken breast on top, along with some Frank's hot sauce and a couple of Jalepeno's too. Really tasty.