Sixpackton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just starting workout help

Hi guys,

I'm just a guy who just start working out.
    The problem is my arm have no enough strength. How can I picking up dumbell when I have no strength?

I planned to do 10 reps but I fail, I just manage to do 4 reps. No matter I work on chest, arm, shoulder is all the same.

Any suggestion for me for this kind of situation ?
    I'm struggling.

Thank you

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Sixpackton View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm just a guy who just start working out.
    The problem is my arm have no enough strength. How can I picking up dumbell when I have no strength?

I planned to do 10 reps but I fail, I just manage to do 4 reps. No matter I work on chest, arm, shoulder is all the same.

Any suggestion for me for this kind of situation ?
    I'm struggling.

Thank you
    Use a weight you can lift.

What program are you using?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cool Engrish Bro.

Just kidding.

You need to drop the weight: if you cant only do 4 reps then lower the amount of weight until you can do 10. When you get stronger increase the weight gradually.

Dont forget to work your legs and back, they are your biggest muscle groups and you will just look weird if you only work your chest, arms, and shoulders.

Originally Posted by markdoddridge View Post
    Cool Engrish Bro.

Just kidding.

You need to drop the weight: if you cant only do 4 reps then lower the amount of weight until you can do 10. When you get stronger increase the weight gradually.

Dont forget to work your legs and back, they are your biggest muscle groups and you will just look weird if you only work your chest, arms, and shoulders.

Sorry about my English. Just feel like giving up when I can't perform the reps I planned.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Use a weight you can lift.

What program are you using?
    Hi

Thanks for reply.
    I don't really follow any program. I did watch Steve cook 12 weeks workout program but it seem hard to me. As I said my arm have no strength to pick up those weight. Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Don't think you have to pile all the weight on the dumbbells, Just use what you can lift get to your required amount of reps with good form and about one rep short of failure.

5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Is the program for beginners?

Originally Posted by 5TR0NGMAN View Post
    Don't think you have to pile all the weight on the dumbbells, Just use what you can lift get to your required amount of reps with good form and about one rep short of failure.
    Ok. Btw, what you meant by one rep of failure. Is that with no reps count and just work until you can't lift anymore?

Haha, seriously I'm not sure is that for beginner or not.

Ok. Btw, what you meant by one rep of failure. Is that with no reps count and just work until you can't lift anymore?

Haha, seriously I'm not sure is that for beginner or not.
    Say you want to do ten reps use just enough weight so that you can do those ten reps and maybe only one or two more.

On your last set you can go to failure, like this

set 1
    3x10

set 2
    3x10

set3
    3x10-failure

If you are using a gym, don't worry about piling on loads of weight so you don't look silly, go at your own pace and stay safe.

When you can do those ten reps with ease add a little bit of weight

Keep posting on here with any questions you have, the people on here are really helpful

Stay out of misc, it's very strange.

Say you want to do ten reps use just enough weight so that you can do those ten reps and maybe only one or two more.

On your last set you can go to failure, like this

set 1
    3x10

set 2
    3x10

set3
    3x10-failure

If you are using a gym, don't worry about piling on loads of weight so you don't look silly, go at your own pace and stay safe.

When you can do those ten reps with ease add a little bit of weight

Keep posting on here with any questions you have, the people on here are really helpful

Stay out of misc, it's very strange.
    Ya really helpful, thanks. What you write here

Set 1
    3x10

What is that represent 3?

How's your workout btw?

beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    youre not alone, dont worry about what other people think. even if you need to curl with 10s, just do it.
    whats this talk about giving up? everybody has to start somewhere!

find a proper plan (what im doing right now is Kris Gethin's daily trainer, but im doing the first weeks workout for my first month that i started working out) and you will see results within a few weeks to a month. you will see that now you can do 10-12 reps instead of just 4.
    im just starting out too, i know exactly how you feel

Ya really helpful, thanks. What you write here

Set 1
    3x10

What is that represent 3?

How's your workout btw?
    Sorry I wrote that out wrong, it should be like this

Say for example

Biceps
    Barbell curls
    3x10 = three sets=three sets of 10 (lift the weight 10 times then rest)

For strength rest for 3mins then start the next set or for muscle growth rest for 60-90 seconds rest

next set lift 10 times

rest

lift 10 times

next exercise

3x10 DB hammer curls
    3x10 Concentration curls

One thing with body building is there is so much info right and wrong, i'm no expert, just read everything you can on all the body parts you want to train.

Read

google exercises for good form

Read

One thing with body building is there is so much info right and wrong, i'm no expert, just read everything you can on all the body parts you want to train.

Read

google exercises for good form

Read

Thank you so much for answering all the silly question I have. Which workout program you follow or working on now? Anything to share if you have.

I really appreciate this. Thanks.

Thank you so much for answering all the silly question I have. Which workout program you follow or working on now? Anything to share if you have.

I really appreciate this. Thanks.
    Im just doing a standard once a week for all body parts except for arms which I do twice a week.

Im not really sure what kind of program you should use as you are a beginner but ill put a few basics up then yo can read some articles and google them to find out the form and what to use etc

Ill give you a light workout
    Arms

Biceps

barbell curls 2x8
    Hammer curls 2x8
    Preacher curls or concentration curls 2x10

Triceps

Overhead skull crushers 2x8-10
    Rope pullldowns 2x8-10
    Tricep kickbacks 2x10

Back

Deadlift 5x5
    Bentover barbell rows 3x8
    Lat pulldown 3x8
    Dumbell row 3x8

Chest

Bench press start off using 5x5 this will help you get stronger
    chest flyes 2x10

Legs

Dumbbell squats 5x5
    Leg curls 3x12
    Leg extensions 3x12
    Stiffed leg deadlift 1x8

Look around for calves/forearms/abs exercises, right now just do basics for a few weeks.

Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im just doing a standard once a week for all body parts except for arms which I do twice a week.

Im not really sure what kind of program you should use as you are a beginner but ill put a few basics up then yo can read some articles and google them to find out the form and what to use etc

Arms

Biceps

barbell curls 2x8
    Hammer curls 2x8

Triceps

Rope pullldowns 2x8-10
    Tricep kickbacks 2x10

Back

Deadlift 5x5
    Lat pulldown 3x8
    Dumbell row 3x8

Chest

chest flyes 2x10

Legs

Dumbbell squats 5x5
    Leg curls 3x12
    Leg extensions 3x12
    Stiffed leg deadlift 1x8

Look around for calves/forearms/abs exercises, right now just do basics for a few weeks.
    That seems like way too much volume and isolation for a beginner.
    If you want him to do basics, then you should refer him to a beginner program. (I would but I can't post links)

OP, go to the Workout Programs sub-forum and take a look at the AllPro program.

Arms

Biceps

barbell curls 2x8
    Hammer curls 2x8

Triceps

Rope pullldowns 2x8-10
    Tricep kickbacks 2x10

Back

Deadlift 5x5
    Lat pulldown 3x8
    Dumbell row 3x8

Chest

chest flyes 2x10

Legs

Dumbbell squats 5x5
    Leg curls 3x12
    Leg extensions 3x12
    Stiffed leg deadlift 1x8

Hey thanks for those sample of workout. I will try it out.
    Let's say i doing barbell curls 3x10.
    First set i hit 10
    second set i hit 6

should i lower the weight by this time?

First set i hit 10
    second set i hit 6

Only ever drop the weight if you are struggling to meet the required reps.

Dont drop to 6 reps, stay at 10

so

10 barbell curls

rest for 90 seconds

10 barbell curls

rest for 90 seconds

10 barbell curls

rest for 90 then move on to the next exercise,

that is a 3x10 set of barbell curls

Only ever drop the weight if you are struggling to meet the required reps.

Dont drop to 6 reps, stay at 10

so

10 barbell curls

rest for 90 seconds

10 barbell curls

rest for 90 seconds

10 barbell curls

rest for 90 then move on to the next exercise,

that is a 3x10 set of barbell curls

Hi thanks for reply.
    I meant if I was going to do 3 set of 10 barbell curls for first set I hit 10 but the second set I only can hit till 6 so should I lower the weight to complete it to 10 or you suggest others?

Thank you

Originally Posted by beiko View Post
    youre not alone, dont worry about what other people think. even if you need to curl with 10s, just do it.
    whats this talk about giving up? everybody has to start somewhere!

find a proper plan (what im doing right now is Kris Gethin's daily trainer, but im doing the first weeks workout for my first month that i started working out) and you will see results within a few weeks to a month. you will see that now you can do 10-12 reps instead of just 4.
    im just starting out too, i know exactly how you feel
    Hey

Thanks for those encouragement. I hope so. Hope to get the body shape I want. Your profile picture look good can see those shape of muscle.

ksoNNN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksoNNN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksoNNN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksoNNN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksoNNN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksoNNN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksoNNN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksoNNN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksoNNN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksoNNN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksoNNN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First set i hit 10
    second set i hit 6

If you can only get 6 on the second set, start with a lighter weight to begin with. Focus on getting the reps in at this point in time.

Originally Posted by ksoNNN View Post
    If you can only get 6 on the second set, start with a lighter weight to begin with. Focus on getting the reps in at this point in time.
    Oh clear now, thanks a lot man.
    How's your workout btw?