Bronc212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bronc212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bronc212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bronc212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bronc212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bronc212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weighted Vests; Do's/Don'ts and things found effective

I am about to purchase a weighted vest and start trainning for Walk-on tryouts in the fall. If you have any advice on workouts that work great, dont work, things to look out for, or even places to get a cheap vest it will be very appreciated

KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm from another country than you so I don't really know where you could one but I'll gladly share my experiences.

IMO vests are great for bringing resistance to calisthenics like pushups, pullups, pistols etc. I on the other hand don't like to run with it since it bounces up and down and that being said I didn't really like to use it on rope jumping either.
    Pokemon X and Y crew FC: 5215-0470-3034 (X)

Bronc212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bronc212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bronc212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bronc212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bronc212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bronc212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How much are they off the internet? And I was planning on doing running/agility with the one I got. Are they all going to bounce or is it just that brand?
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    "Belief triggers the power to do" -David Schwartz
    "Tough times go away, tough people do not." - Walter Payton
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath...THEN you will be successful"

212% always
    Romans 8:28
    God first

JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been using a weighted vest for a while, I think it's good for box jumps, calisthenics and linear plyometrics (just going forwards), but I wouldnt suggest them for change of direction drills, if they swing around on your body as you go to turn, it can hurt your knees. You can still do agility ladders with them, just not stuff like the L-cone drills and pro agility.

What brands are better (more durable, ease of use, etc) and what would be a good replacement to add resistance for a change of direction drill?
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath...THEN you will be successful"

212% always
    God first

KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bronc212 View Post
    How much are they off the internet? And I was planning on doing running/agility with the one I got. Are they all going to bounce or is it just that brand?
    Don't know if they all bounce. Mine has just a single strap going across the belly so that might be it.
    Pokemon X and Y crew FC: 5215-0470-3034 (X)

JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000)
    What brands are better (more durable, ease of use, etc) and what would be a good replacement to add resistance for a change of direction drill?
    Not sure on the brands. For change in direction stuff I'd be focusing more on unilateral weight movements than wearing a vest and doing them. Pistol squats, cossack squats and bulgarian split squats.

Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I bought this one
    http://www.amazon.com/ZFOsports%C2%A...words=zfosport

cheaper than most, its really well built. Haven't used it yet, i just got it Monday.
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

MirrorEye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't use weighted vests, but a buddy of mine has two. His old one only had one strap around the stomach, and that caused it to bounce around a lot. He got a new one though that has 4 straps, coming from the back to the front, it's real good from what he says. I'll try to get a brand for you.

Originally Posted by MirrorEye View Post
    I don't use weighted vests, but a buddy of mine has two. His old one only had one strap around the stomach, and that caused it to bounce around a lot. He got a new one though that has 4 straps, coming from the back to the front, it's real good from what he says. I'll try to get a brand for you.
    Alright I appreciate it, Ive found that V-Force vests are supposedly better quality but the price is a real turn off. But I like the reviews and price of the one in Joe513's hyperlink. I just never heard of that brand.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

212% always
    God first

Originally Posted by Joe513 View Post
    I bought this one
    ***(hyperlink)***

cheaper than most, its really well built. Haven't used it yet, i just got it Monday.
    Once you get to use it and have developed an opinion about it let me know the pros and cons you noticed.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

212% always
    God first

I bought this one
    ***(hyperlink)***

Also I watched a review over one, and it seemed the weights are bags of sand. Is that how yours is, or are they metal/rock etc?
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

212% always
    God first

tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i heard the ones by mir are good
    www.youtube.com/calesthenTKS check out my vids

Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also I watched a review over one, and it seemed the weights are bags of sand. Is that how yours is, or are they metal/rock etc?
    It's sand.
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

Registered User adrianbarrios14's Avatar
    adrianbarrios14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recently bought one and all I ever use it for is pushups, I want to buy a pullup bar to do pullups with iut but dont have the money yet,
    anyway, I wouldnt recomend running with it because it shakes up and down and it really gets annoying when i ran with it i would have to hold it down.
    I cant remember what brand it is and its prety late in california so i dont wanna get up and check lol

Just an update, its really good. I didn't move around on me like some people said. I'm by no means a big guy either, 5ft10 and 167lbs. I'd buy the vest i bought again.
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

Just an update, its really good. I didn't move around on me like some people said. I'm by no means a big guy either, 5ft10 and 167lbs. I'd buy the vest i bought again.
    Thanks for the update. What kind of exercises have you did in the vest?
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

212% always
    God first

Thanks for the update. What kind of exercises have you did in the vest?
    Push ups, pull ups, incline pushups and body weight rows.
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***