wilday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body-Solid - Functional Training Centre (GDCC200)

Hi Guys,

I've come to this forum to ask some advise from you guys across the pond as you seem to always get it right

I'm not a hardware bodybuilder but have trained for about 10 years off and on. For the past 6 months i've been using the powertec leverage system at home and have enjoyed it but just got a bit bored.

I'm looking to sell it and get a functional trainer (above in the title).

I want to stay lean and defined and was wondering what you guys thought of these devices. will i be able to maintain and increase my lean mass with one of these only as my sole home gym option?

I like cable cross over movements much more for my chest.

Whats your guys views?

RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wilday View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've come to this forum to ask some advise from you guys across the pond as you seem to always get it right

I'm not a hardware bodybuilder but have trained for about 10 years off and on. For the past 6 months i've been using the powertec leverage system at home and have enjoyed it but just got a bit bored.

I'm looking to sell it and get a functional trainer (above in the title).

I want to stay lean and defined and was wondering what you guys thought of these devices. will i be able to maintain and increase my lean mass with one of these only as my sole home gym option?

I like cable cross over movements much more for my chest.

Whats your guys views?
    I'm curious what the price for GDCC200 would be in the UK?

Originally Posted by RandyMcdonald View Post
    I'm curious what the price for GDCC200 would be in the UK?
    Hi Mate,

About $2000 bucks. £1300 pounds

RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cable crossover movement will not add lean mass its more a definition shaping exercise .As far as the multi functional trainer i would go for a good selectorized lat pulldown low row machine .Reason u can do as much on them as u can with a functional trainer and without that anoying 2.1 ratio and that unatural sag with to many pulleys .Ive owned this machine good for adjusting a pulley up and down positions on the upright but much preffer the lat pulldown and a pair of dumbbells for db bench flys to hit the chest .

Wink

Originally Posted by RussAnderson View Post
    Cable crossover movement will not add lean mass its more a definition shaping exercise .As far as the multi functional trainer i would go for a good selectorized lat pulldown low row machine .Reason u can do as much on them as u can with a functional trainer and without that anoying 2.1 ratio and that unatural sag with to many pulleys .Ive owned this machine good for adjusting a pulley up and down positions on the upright but much preffer the lat pulldown and a pair of dumbbells for db bench flys to hit the chest .
    Thanks buddy, power racks the way to go then. Just never enjoyed the changing of plates and the space they take up

Cheers
    GW

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks buddy, power racks the way to go then. Just never enjoyed the changing of plates and the space they take up

Cheers
    GW
    a space saving way to go that will easily accomplish what you want.....adjustable dumbbells, quality bench, and a way to do pullups/dips. the variations are many. far more versatile than the powertec leverage you had or any pulley set up.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cheers
    GW
    As russ said, get a rack, olympic weight set and FID bench. If you have any left over get a lat pull down machine with low row.

You can do 95% of exercises with the above mentioned kit, with possibly buying a set of adjustable dumbells in the future (if you feel the need) when budget allows.

I really wouldn't waste your money of a cable machine for your primary piece of weight lifting equipment, it's more of a luxury to be honest.

Talking

Really appreciate guys.

I already have the adjustable dumbbells and have decided to go with the below rack with Lat low and high pulley (Olympic weight lat attachments rather than a stack).

bodymax-cf475-heavy-power-rack-with-latlow-pulley

As always top advise

Thanks
    GW