benty989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please help me create a nutrition plan

Hey there everyone, I really need some help on this one.

My goal is to lose fat while gaining muscle. I couldn't care less what that scale says, I just want to cut inches in the waist.

I have a workout plan set up which I'm starting this Friday, March 1st.

The plan is kinda simple.

Day 1: Cardio cross training (swimming, running, chopping wood, whatever I feel like doing)
    Day 2: 5 am TapoutXT workout, 5 pm upper body strength
    Day 3: 5 am TXT, 5 pm lower body strength
    Day 4: 5 am TXT, 5 pm upper body
    Day 5: 5 am TXT, 5 pm yoga (we'll see how I do haha)
    Day 6: Rest
    Day 7: Starts day 1 again, I don't want to constantly have Saturdays off etc.

I may switch some days around every two weeks. I know this sounds like an intense schedule for my size, but I've been lifting/some form of cardio twice a day 3-4 days a week with no trouble. Don't mind it at all but I know it's time to up the heart rate.

Me:

Age 18 male
    348lbs
    6'5"

So here's the dilemma. I know generally what I should and should not be eating. I DON'T know how to figure out portions and needs based on this workout. I've always eaten way less than I should and I know that won't help me here.

If you guys could explain how to figure it out, and also suggest foods I could eat that will help me burn fat and provide energy it would be a huge help. I prefer foods that would be somewhat time efficient for while I'm at work or school.

The only supplementation I'm using is whey protein for post-workout and BSN Hyper FX+Glycerol for pre-workout. Would you guys suggest any of the weight loss stacks on here?

Any clue when I should see results? I plan to do this until the end of May.

Thanks!

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Stickies. read all of them then come back here for questions.
    Start with this one: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

benty989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    Stickies. read all of them then come back here for questions.
    Start with this one:
    I've gone over most of them, but I feel like to fully understand them takes more than a few days. I'm just looking for the basics of what I need since I've never actually planned out my nutritional needs in the past.

bodymovesyou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bodymovesyou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bodymovesyou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bodymovesyou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bodymovesyou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bodymovesyou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bodymovesyou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bodymovesyou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bodymovesyou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bodymovesyou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bodymovesyou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by benty989 View Post
    I've gone over most of them, but I feel like to fully understand them takes more than a few days. I'm just looking for the basics of what I need since I've never actually planned out my nutritional needs in the past.
    Buy a food scale, sign up on my fitness pal and keep track of your macros.

I recommend starting on a 50% carb, 35% Protein, 15% Fat split and cut 500 cals below maintenance and adjust daily based off of physical activities.

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by benty989 View Post
    Exactly. That's why I suggested you start with the link I posted.