BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What to do if you have peaked too early for a PL/strongman comp

Ok so iv got 26 days until a strongman comp, Iv been making some great progress recently but I feel as though I might have hit my peak this week, what would you advise doing so that I can come in at my best on the day of the comp?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

RS6759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RS6759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RS6759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RS6759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RS6759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RS6759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RS6759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RS6759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RS6759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RS6759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RS6759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you on any program whatsoever?

bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Four days of light resistance, foam rolling, and maybe a peepee touch and you'll be good. In other words, you couldn't possibly predict your peak, but your nerves are more than likely getting to you.

First contest? Good luck and relax. Your nerves are gonna kill you regardless of what you do. Just go out to do the best that you can do.

Been there done that? This is a stupid question and you should know the answer, which would be increase calories and rest. The culmination of all your efforts should ideally hit 1-2 weeks before a contest, but you should have plenty of mental and nutritional leeway in strongman. How have your event days been going? It's rough to predict progress on anything other than results.

This post has been brought to you by Gentlemen Jack.
    Excuses are just tools of incompetence
    Used to build monuments of nothingness
    And those who specialize in the uses
    Seldom achieve anything

arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like nerves to me

I hope your first event isn't your anticipated best
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165829701

BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RS6759 View Post
    Are you on any program whatsoever?
    Yes im following a routine, but not something that you will see written on the internet.

Originally Posted by bigfor15 View Post
    Four days of light resistance, foam rolling, and maybe a peepee touch and you'll be good. In other words, you couldn't possibly predict your peak, but your nerves are more than likely getting to you.

First contest? Good luck and relax. Your nerves are gonna kill you regardless of what you do. Just go out to do the best that you can do.

Been there done that? This is a stupid question and you should know the answer, which would be increase calories and rest. The culmination of all your efforts should ideally hit 1-2 weeks before a contest, but you should have plenty of mental and nutritional leeway in strongman. How have your event days been going? It's rough to predict progress on anything other than results.

This post has been brought to you by Gentlemen Jack.
    I have learnt from my training in the past that after progressing for a number of weeks, despite increasing food etc I will eventually go backwards for a few weeks before I start making progress again. And by going backwards I mean that squats and deadlifts can drop by 20kg+ in a few weeks if I keep pushing hard. I guess some of it could be nerves, and the fact that I know I usually regress after hitting it hard for a number of weeks.

Because some weeks iv been busy with working away and not had access to a gym, iv been doing events after my squatting or deadlifting. But iv made good progress and recently the comp event weights have felt pretty easy.

Originally Posted by arn710 View Post
    Sounds like nerves to me

I hope your first event isn't your anticipated best
    It possibly is but im not sure, 8 weeks ago I would have said that the first event would be my best event but now im not sure because the other events have progressed so well.

I guess il just try up the calories more, which is what I have been doing the last few days, and have a couple of speed training sessions instead of pushing it to my limits.