JacobShade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why are my forearms being used so much when i do pullups?

It seems like all the effort of a pullup goes into my forearms. They've started to bulk up as well. What can i do to change my form to make the pullup more focused on working my back and not my forearms. I tried looking up proper form, and THOUGHT i had fixed it, but it's still putting remarkable strain on my forearms when i do pullups

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    use a hook grip or even go buy some fat gripz. also vary your grip width.

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JacobShade View Post
    It seems like all the effort of a pullup goes into my forearms. They've started to bulk up as well. What can i do to change my form to make the pullup more focused on working my back and not my forearms. I tried looking up proper form, and THOUGHT i had fixed it, but it's still putting remarkable strain on my forearms when i do pullups
    Why did you make another thread asking the same question?

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keep at it, do lots of negatives. I had a hard time with them until recently because of weaker bis. The more negatives, the better.

5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by DivaJana View Post
    ^^^^

I just joined this site today and honestly, i have no idea how to find my original post -_-

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    They're not "being used so much". They're just very weak indeed.

The good news is, if you persevere, they'll get stronger. Your choice.

Heh heh, it's all good...found it...

CarD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

hahahahahaha i'm not sure if this was suppose to be a pun but thats funny as hel| lol,

my advice: get in on a superman position where your chest is up, could work, that's how i do em.

jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i say weakness in the bis. I dont know your workout routine and schedule, but try doing pullups at the begining of you workout. I feel it in my forearms if i hit biceps hard the day before and they are still fatigued. So you might want to spread out those two muscle groups if that is the case

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lulz.
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903

OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Make use of lifting straps or try to put your thumb on the top of the bar just like your other fingers are, instead putting the bar between the thumb and the first (index) finger.

funkyeah is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkyeah is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkyeah is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkyeah is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkyeah is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkyeah is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkyeah is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkyeah is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkyeah is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkyeah is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkyeah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's just that it's the weak point. You gotta get it stronger so that you can do more. If you do heavy farmer's walks that'll help your forearm strength too.
    SHAZAM!!!

JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MichaelCJ View Post
    They're not "being used so much". They're just very weak indeed.

The good news is, if you persevere, they'll get stronger. Your choice.
    /thread

schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Use a hook grip instead of squeezing with your wrists. Possibly use straps, moving your hands in or out may help also.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If your grip is the weakest link in the chain then it will be hit the hardest. If you are at a point in training where your forearms are getting more work then your back or biceps while doing pulls you just need to keep doing pullups. I could tell you to use straps or some other work aorund but it would always come back to bite you in the ass, maybe not on pullups specifically but your grip is a key factor in most if not all barbell/DB exercises.

Grip is good, don't neglect it this early on. You won't look like popeye I swear.