ssilk12001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question I'm never hungry!!!!!

First of all hello forum...I'm Nick and this is my first post.
    My main concern is calorie intake. I'm 31, 195lbs, heavy lifting 3 days a week and fitness center for an hour 5 times a week working hard. I'm trying to put on lean mass right now and supplementing with creatine, protien, bcaa's, and using a pwo before working out. I'm seeing some gains after 6 weeks and getting stronger every day. The problem is that I just don't feel hungry very often. Eating 6 meals per day is really hard for me and I hate forcing it down but I try. My diet is clean. Lots of lean protien, fresh veggies and good carbs... Just not enough of them! I'm finding myself at about 1000 carbs in the evening, almost never eat in the morning besides a protien shake and my multi vitamin and supp's. My energy level is low unless I'm working out. I pretty much just work out and lounge all day.
    Anyone have any tips or advice? What are good high carb foods that I can try? Is this going to seriously compromise my gains or will I just lean out without the carbs( I do need to get leaner)?
    Thanks in advance and I'm stoked to be a new member here!

blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ssilk12001 View Post
    My main concern is calorie intake. I'm 31, 195lbs, heavy lifting 3 days a week and fitness center for an hour 5 times a week working hard. I'm trying to put on lean mass right now and supplementing with creatine, protien, bcaa's, and using a pwo before working out. I'm seeing some gains after 6 weeks and getting stronger every day. The problem is that I just don't feel hungry very often. Eating 6 meals per day is really hard for me and I hate forcing it down but I try. My diet is clean. Lots of lean protien, fresh veggies and good carbs... Just not enough of them! I'm finding myself at about 1000 carbs in the evening, almost never eat in the morning besides a protien shake and my multi vitamin and supp's. My energy level is low unless I'm working out. I pretty much just work out and lounge all day.
    Anyone have any tips or advice? What are good high carb foods that I can try? Is this going to seriously compromise my gains or will I just lean out without the carbs( I do need to get leaner)?
    eat more.

try peanut butter, lots of it

pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Welcome aboard!

You can try experimenting with eating fewer, larger meals, to build up a hunger before having to eat again. Don't fret over carbs... you're lean out/lose weight if your total calories consumed are less than you burn, which is only indirectly related to carb intake. To put on lean mass, you just need to take in enough calories so you're ~10% over maintenance. Upping your fat intake is an easy way to increase your total calories, and since dietary fat doesn't directly lead to body fat, there's no need to worry about eating "lean" protein.

Cool

Originally Posted by pretend View Post
    Welcome aboard!

You can try experimenting with eating fewer, larger meals, to build up a hunger before having to eat again. Don't fret over carbs... you're lean out/lose weight if your total calories consumed are less than you burn, which is only indirectly related to carb intake. To put on lean mass, you just need to take in enough calories so you're ~10% over maintenance. Upping your fat intake is an easy way to increase your total calories, and since dietary fat doesn't directly lead to body fat, there's no need to worry about eating "lean" protein.
    Thank you and I think that is what I'm going to do. I think I meant to say calories. My calorie I take is really low. I have energy in the gym but not the rest of the day. Then again I'm a student so I don't really need the energy. I guess I want to know if I will lean out and cut up if my calorie intake is low but my workouts are still intense, or will the lack of calories hamper my muscle gains? I'm taking in about as much fats as I am protien per day and less carbs but overall calories are at about 1500 per day. I want to get lean but I'd like to be bigger too.

pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1500 cal/day is very very low. Not even a reasonable level if you were trying to lose fat. This will hamper your muscle growth, in that you'll be losing muscle mass and strength no matter how hard you train. I hope you can find the hunger to up your intake by like 1000+... Good luck!

Originally Posted by pretend View Post
    1500 cal/day is very very low. Not even a reasonable level if you were trying to lose fat. This will hamper your muscle growth, in that you'll be losing muscle mass and strength no matter how hard you train. I hope you can find the hunger to up your intake by like 1000+... Good luck!
    That's what I thought. I just started counting yesterday and that's when I became alarmed. I'm going to hit 2200 today with 3 small meals and a big dinner so it's getting better. Thank you for the advice.

That's what I thought. I just started counting yesterday and that's when I became alarmed. I'm going to hit 2200 today with 3 small meals and a big dinner so it's getting better. Thank you for the advice.
    Hoping to get to 2600 by bedtime. I get hungry at night which sucks!

NicolaiP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaiP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaiP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaiP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaiP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaiP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaiP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaiP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaiP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaiP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd say invests in some peanuts! It's a food that you can eat and eat without needing to be hungry.

ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    IF you get hungry at night eat more at night instead of during the day.

Originally Posted by ACE0809 View Post
    IF you get hungry at night eat more at night instead of during the day.
    I usually do eat the most at night. I grind fresh peanut and almond butter at the store and eat it mixed in my oats and fruits, i also eat a lot of raw almonds at night. Does it matter that so many if my calories are from fat, even if it's good fat?

At the Nutrition Section BroFoods's Avatar
    BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I usually do eat the most at night. I grind fresh peanut and almond butter at the store and eat it mixed in my oats and fruits, i also eat a lot of raw almonds at night. Does it matter that so many if my calories are from fat, even if it's good fat?
    Explain good fat. No fat is bad for you, except lots of trans fat.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    you said you are "never hungry" then say yit sucks that you get hungry at night???
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    you said you are "never hungry" then say yit sucks that you get hungry at night???
    Yea some nights I wouldn't say I "get hungry", but "its easier for me to eat at night" is a better way to put it.

larryselina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have the same concerns as you, your question is also my question

RoryFan is just really nice. (+1000) RoryFan is just really nice. (+1000) RoryFan is just really nice. (+1000) RoryFan is just really nice. (+1000) RoryFan is just really nice. (+1000) RoryFan is just really nice. (+1000) RoryFan is just really nice. (+1000) RoryFan is just really nice. (+1000) RoryFan is just really nice. (+1000) RoryFan is just really nice. (+1000) RoryFan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dirty Bulk

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea some nights I wouldn't say I "get hungry", but "its easier for me to eat at night" is a better way to put it.
    Um then eat more at night
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Imweakneedhelp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Imweakneedhelp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Imweakneedhelp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Imweakneedhelp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Imweakneedhelp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Imweakneedhelp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Imweakneedhelp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Imweakneedhelp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Imweakneedhelp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Imweakneedhelp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Imweakneedhelp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wish i could eat as much calories as you but im just a fat kid cutting

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    Um then eat more at night
    Great advice considering that we already established that that's what I already do. Doesn't answer the questions I asked but thanks anyways.

SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great advice considering that we already established that that's what I already do. Doesn't answer the questions I asked but thanks anyways.
    All of your questions have been addressed.

ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE0809 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you hitting your fat and protein requirments for the day? If so then it doesnt't matter. As far as "good" and "bad" fat. Just avoid Trans Fats as much as possible. Most of my fats come from meats, nuts and dairy.

Originally Posted by ACE0809 View Post
    Are you hitting your fat and protein requirments for the day? If so then it doesnt't matter. As far as "good" and "bad" fat. Just avoid Trans Fats as much as possible. Most of my fats come from meats, nuts and dairy.
    Yes. I'm getting the protein and fat in for the day. That's good to know. I just always hear people saying its bad to eat late. I try to slam a little fast carbs in the morning to get me out of sleep mode and get a little insulin spike first thing along with my protein shake. Usually a few cantelope cubes.