Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    lavinia88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

trying to make my ABS grow and pop out

I was wondering..as I am trying to increase size and definition of my abs what kind of training approach is better..training them once or twice a week or almost every day?
    Right now I train them like 25 minutes a day, but most times I struggle to reach failure with lots of exercises and struggle to focus on the lower abs. The only one that seams to work ok is hanging legs or knee raises .and few times i get tired not by core engagement but by the fact that my upper body needs a rest. Especially my lower abs are very lazy even with leg raises.
    Would it be better trying to train them for 45 min twice a week instead?
    To be said is that I struggle to gain mass , in general, due to 2 bowel operations and bowel diseases that do not let me have a big food intake and don't let me absorb nutrients properly.
    That's what made me think that maybe I am overtraining them .
    Any suggestions?

maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000)
    you won't change the size too much, as much as you would the density. 2x a week is good, you don't have to hit them until failure, concentrated, proper reps, slow burn 4x12 is good for crunches, same range for hanging knee raises.

Originally Posted by lavinia88 View Post
    I was wondering..as I am trying to increase size and definition of my abs what kind of training approach is better..training them once or twice a week or almost every day?
    Right now I train them like 25 minutes a day, but most times I struggle to reach failure with lots of exercises and struggle to focus on the lower abs. The only one that seams to work ok is hanging legs or knee raises .and few times i get tired not by core engagement but by the fact that my upper body needs a rest. Especially my lower abs are very lazy even with leg raises.
    Would it be better trying to train them for 45 min twice a week instead?
    To be said is that I struggle to gain mass , in general, due to 2 bowel operations and bowel diseases that do not let me have a big food intake and don't let me absorb nutrients properly.
    That's what made me think that maybe I am overtraining them .
    Any suggestions?
    Sincerely,

8x IFBB Pro Wins
    5x Olympia Qualifications

T: @maiseu
    I: @maiseu
    F: www.********.com/antonantipovofficial
    E: inactive@techie.com

Thanx

Thank you so much maiseu. I will see how it goes durin the next couple weeks then is reverse crunch with cable resistance good for lower abs, in your opinion?

ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My first thought when I saw ABS vs abs in the title.

I'd be really surprised if you were capable of overtraining your abs. Your abs look pretty insane already to me. What do you want them to look like?
    PRs
    Bench - 295 x 2
    Squat - 385 x 4 (90*)
    Dead - 335 x 4 (no straps, reg grip)
    Pull Ups - 300lb total weight pull up
    Pull Ups - 30 with body weight
    2 mile run - 12:20
    5k - 20 min

Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    These should help brah I have them on my 05 STi

Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree with Maiseu but I'd like to add that it's extremely important that you squeeze your abs real hard during the exercise, and maintain constant tension on them.

I'm not really sure what more you could do for them though, because damn, they're pretty impressive already.
    7 foot tall crew checking in

WeatherElement has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeatherElement has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeatherElement has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeatherElement has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeatherElement has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeatherElement has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeatherElement has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeatherElement has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeatherElement has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeatherElement has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeatherElement has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Diet... diet ...Diet.....

maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000) maiseu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lavinia88 View Post
    Thank you so much maiseu. I will see how it goes durin the next couple weeks then is reverse crunch with cable resistance good for lower abs, in your opinion?
    never done it myself.
    Sincerely,

8x IFBB Pro Wins
    5x Olympia Qualifications

T: @maiseu
    I: @maiseu
    F: www.********.com/antonantipovofficial
    E: inactive@techie.com

Gguy9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gguy9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gguy9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gguy9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gguy9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gguy9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gguy9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gguy9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gguy9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gguy9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gguy9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    decline sit ups with a weight on chest?

Thankyou Roidmonster55 -.-" I will try slow down the pace of exercises in order to squeeze harder and deeper . Let's see how it will go

Originally Posted by Roidmonster55 View Post
    I agree with Maiseu but I'd like to add that it's extremely important that you squeeze your abs real hard during the exercise, and maintain constant tension on them.

I'm not really sure what more you could do for them though, because damn, they're pretty impressive already.