PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Severe hamstring pain. Please read if you've had hammy problems before....

A few weeks ago I developed knee tendonitis and immediately started resting the knee with lots of ice, stretching and foam rolling my quads. Last week I was pain free and took the advice of my PT and walked 45 minutes on the treadmill. Well the next day my knee was pain free so I tried to do a one legged squat from a seated position. I felt the most excruciating stabbing pain in my upper hamstring where it connects to the glute. I stood up and it felt fine. It still feels fine. Stretching the hamstring, walking, laying on my stomach bringing my heel to my butt with resistance. ... all of that feels great. I feel nothing. There's no bruising either. I can replicate the stabbing pain by doing any kind of squatting or sitting down and standing up with my body weight but that's it.

Does that sound like a hamstring strain/tear? Everything i've read online indicates it sould hurt all the time. I'm thinking it's more trigger point related but I'd like to hear from those who've torn/strained thier hamstrings in the past. Thanks a bunch!

wolverine3340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PhysiqueKing View Post
    A few weeks ago I developed knee tendonitis and immediately started resting the knee with lots of ice, stretching and foam rolling my quads. Last week I was pain free and took the advice of my PT and walked 45 minutes on the treadmill. Well the next day my knee was pain free so I tried to do a one legged squat from a seated position. I felt the most excruciating stabbing pain in my upper hamstring where it connects to the glute. I stood up and it felt fine. It still feels fine. Stretching the hamstring, walking, laying on my stomach bringing my heel to my butt with resistance. ... all of that feels great. I feel nothing. There's no bruising either. I can replicate the stabbing pain by doing any kind of squatting or sitting down and standing up with my body weight but that's it.

Does that sound like a hamstring strain/tear? Everything i've read online indicates it sould hurt all the time. I'm thinking it's more trigger point related but I'd like to hear from those who've torn/strained thier hamstrings in the past. Thanks a bunch!
    the thing that makes me think it isnt a hamstring is that stretching and leg curls in my experience are nearly impossible without pain when i first pull it. depending on the severity walking may or may not be affected. i also have only pulled mine running my 40. If i had to guese what it was, i would say something with your glute.

DrRefaat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stem cell therapy .... a new stratgy for hamstring strain treatment

Originally Posted by PhysiqueKing View Post

Sorry to hear about your suffer and hope to recover soon

Hamstring is a group of three muscles that run along the back of your thigh. They allow you to bend your leg at the knee.

During a hamstring strain, one or more of these muscles gets stretched too far. The muscles might even start to tear. You're likely to get a hamstring strain during exercise that involves a lot of running and jumping or sudden stopping and starting.

Our medical team use a new method in treatment of hamstring strain which is "Stem cell therapy"

Stem cell therapy depends on regenerative medicine to replace the injured or torn part or organ with a new healthy one.

This method is used with a great success in treatment of many orthopedic conditions.

Please contact us at stem.md . com