Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Guide to tanning

Now I havn't seen a guide on this in the prep section, so let this man impute one. Tanning is a big then when it comes to competition prep. One looks better going into competition day with the hardcore applied orange tan, after prepping their skin with prior weeks of tanning. The tan on you can make all the difference. Why do they require that deep orange tan look on competitors? That particular tan actually boost areas on a competitor that would normally not shine. But we can't have some Joe Smoe that has never tanned come into a competition that has never applied the fake tan, and expect to look normal (well as normal as can be with that color). Most likely you will look very odd, and the judges will notice this. Here is where tanning comes in. Tanning will actually make the fake tan appear more normal if you have pre tanned skin. Now I'm not saying you need to go out and do that Jersey Shore, I'm a ****ing Snookie, color. But one should prepare their skin, with a bit of tanning to make then a bit darker.

How long? I myself have started out at least 8-10 weeks prior competition. The first month, I may have over done it but hey what ever. For the first 4 weeks, I went to my tanning salon and tanned 3 times a week. I tanned on Monday, Wed, and Friday. The skin is just like training, don't do it everyday. You need time to RECOVER!! I am fairly pale, in my eyes at least, so I though 3 times a week would be best. I actually don't believe I got very dark from it. Each session id spend 10 minutes in the bed. Now also I changed it up every time I went. Depending on your salon you will have different beds to use. I did a Turbo, Stand up, and normal. Now the second month, I am defiantly more darker then when I started. You should by now have a base tan, if not partial base tan. For the second month I'd narrow it down to once per week. We've already been through the basic, we don't need to overdue it now so close to comp day. So each week I'd go in and go for a max time for a normal session, not the high expensive session thats 15-20 mins.(depends on the bed). Now this is where you choose which bed you want to do, do what ever you think gives you the best tan.

Week of competition- Sorry mates I know this is a guide, but I myself havn't reached this far yet. I will be there in a few weeks, and I can update.

Lotion- Use a lotion that will bronze you. Also were here to be safe, so make sure your lotion does have some type of protection. We're here to win the big one baby, now gain cancer.

Cost- It depends on the you're salon you use. I purchased a 10 session for 40 bucks, which if I pay for one session each time its 5 dollars.

Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wanted to post some pics of my change I suppose from tanning. I have a few weeks left to go till comp, and I've started on my 2nd month of tanning so going once a week. Before anyone judges, I know im not ready, and I should bulk. I am doing the competition for fun, and future competition prep knowledge. After competition in April, I will bulk hard .

First of Feb

Feb 8th

Feb 15th you can notice the tanning coming along

Feb 22 tanning getting much better

I went tanning today, but I don't take my weekly pic till Friday. So expect a photo friday. Which at the salon they got new bulbs, so I may be a bit darker.

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I often tan but only to remove the tan lines I develop from going to the beach.

If you use Dream Tan you don't need to do any tanning or worry about looking orange.

Here is a video of myself and Layne applying Dream Tan to a pale white boy, color look amazing and you can see on stage how it compares to others at the same show.

Apply Tanner in hotel at 31 seconds.

Apply tanner outdoors at 4:17

Pre Judging at 6:10 with best color.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    I often tan but only to remove the tan lines I develop from going to the beach.

If you use Dream Tan you don't need to do any tanning or worry about looking orange.

Here is a video of myself and Layne applying Dream Tan to a pale white boy, color look amazing and you can see on stage how it compares to others at the same show.

Apply Tanner in hotel at 31 seconds.

Apply tanner outdoors at 4:17

Pre Judging at 6:10 with best color.
    good video mate, and good advice. Others should post their tanning experiences also. I've never been one of the so called "people that tan". So all my impute was newbie firsthand .

Here is an update of my tan for this week.